Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

give feed back on new logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by KRC SAFETY CO, Sep 19, 2012.

1. KRC SAFETY CO

KRC SAFETY CO Member

Oct 24, 2007
    We are opening a new sign shop here and going to start offering all types of signage and wraps not just traffic control. Coming up with a new logo for our new sign shop and this is what i have so far. give me all good and bad

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. petesign

petesign Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hoover AL
    Kind of hard to read. Keep at it though, not bad place to start. I have definitely done worse :)

3. ScrapWrapper

ScrapWrapper Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Great start, Id try to make the graphics a little more readable.

4. fmg

fmg Verboten

Dec 14, 2009
    the contour around graphics is a bit too thick.Lose a point or two

5. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

I do notlike too many strokes around the letter. Not specifically on you logo, but in general.
    Also,in Graphics, "r" looks like "n" and letter "s" looks like it is a lot smaller and as a part of a different font. A bit hard to read too.

6. KRC SAFETY CO

KRC SAFETY CO Member

Oct 24, 2007
    made a few changes you guys commented on looking a little better

thanks for the advice keep it coming

Attached Files:

7. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    You already have a somewhat complex logo with the font choices you've made and with all the added effects, you only make it that much more difficult to read. Just looking at your smaller thumbnail, it's hard to easily make out the word Graphics. Less is more. Don't get so caught up in the bells and whistles when a blind man can't use his ears to see.

8. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    needs a different font for "graphics" I can think beyond that right now.

9. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Not a bad start bro. Might just want to tweak some things. No clue what your fonts are but here's a quicky example of mine. Adjust border thickness a bit, improve contrast, maybe use colors as just compliments to a firm black and white combo?

Ideas...

Attached Files:

10. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    what font collection is that out of Flame?

11. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    So wait..Your a construction company or "safety" company opening a graphics business?

Your logo looks great!

12. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Top is custom, bottom is Red Sable. Letterhead Font.

13. KRC SAFETY CO

KRC SAFETY CO Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Yes we are a traffic control company that has a sign shop doing just traffic control signs. now we are going to be opening a sign shop for all types of signage, wraps, design

14. KRC SAFETY CO

KRC SAFETY CO Member

Oct 24, 2007
    thanks for all the advise. im tweaking and playing around with it and will put up some more

thanks again

15. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I love the top copy and shading aint crazy about that raggedy script, I like more free flowing BUT that is my opinion

16. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I like the top but think "graphics" should be easier to read. Thank you for spelling graphics properly, the gaffx/grafix/graphix stuff annoys the hell out of me.

17. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Passable if you were opening a tattoo parlor, dreadful for a sign shop. Try again.

18. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    +1

19. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    Follow flames suggestion as a starting point.

Cutting the bottom 1/3 of your 'KRC' off with a hard to read script with a drop shadow on it is a bad design decision. Just because you can add an effect to a graphics shop logo ... doesn't mean you should.

That being said, start over, design your logo in black and white (it will help your brain process design easier) and make the logo work without cheap effects like drop shadows ... because afterall, you put that on each side of a vehicle ... your lightsource won't be coming from the front on the driver side ... I can't describe how much that irks me ... it's like having an arrow in the logo that goes from left to right on both sides ... one side it points at the back bumper, the other at the front bumper. Makes for sloppy design work. And change the 'graphics' font, it looks like a freshman college kids attempt at a 'SICK FONT' for his typography class.

20. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I dig Flames ink splat top copy...

You have so many opportunities here, you should have ideas all over the place and this would be low on the list if you really give more effort on other concepts. The "Graphics" copy is too hard to read...

I would set this aside for now and come up with some fresh ideas. I think 10-20 rough ideas is very possible and then whittle them down and develop the stronger ideas from there.