• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gliding....

Mosh

I feel like I am just gliding through life. I get up, take my kids to school, go sit at the shop and work on stuff, come home make diner, drink a few beers and go to bed.. I just do not feel like any reason to do anything. Just like I have hit a dead end. Nothing seems to excite me anymore. Am I alone on this? I feel sad all the time. Did you know the last time I saw my dad was in november, at the hardware store...he didn't even come see his grandkids fpr Christmas? i call him several times, but no answer. Sorry for the rant. Guess no big deal since he did kick me and my mom and brother out when I was 7. I bothers me that he and his wife come get her grand-daughter every weekend (they live next door to me). I will delete this in the morning I am sure, so GOOD NITE NOW!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Things always look better in the morning (unless you were really hammered when you picked her up the night before).

Good night Mosh.

wayne k
guam usa

steeltech

detachment

depression. You have to find a way to get out of it. Some people do extreme things to forget or to escape. Ive shed a lot of those activities and replaced it with some softer addiction like football and funny movies. But yeah, I know the feeling. Like each day is the same day, and you float through it. Time goes slowly but you dont remember a damn thing and you feel like its a dream, where time is wacked out. Im in the same boat. I dont know much, but I know I dont like it.

Tel

Maybe this is easy to say but get on with enjoying your own kids have fun, I am coming 63 and my view on this is if your father can't be bothered well let him go on his own way don't let it affect your life. You get one chance at this life and you might as well be happy as sad because it's all the same price.
Hope you come out of this sadness
regards
Tel

Border

The best way to get back at your dad is to simply live a great life, especially with your own family. Don't let some a-hole drag you down!

genericname

Pretty common, I'd say. We all tackle depression differently. I'm of the mind that a distraction is healthy, but escapism isn't. It's good to get your mind off of things, but in the end, the only thing that's ever worked for me, was tackling it head on. I identify it, talk about it, and make an inventory of its possible causes. I reconfigure to either eliminate those causes, or set things in motion so that they'll eliminate themselves.

When I need a quick pick me up, I'll listen to some music, or read something inspiring, like Woody Guthrie's 1942 New Year's resolution list.

Hang in there. Things'll get better, but you have to make them.

BobM

When things get crazy, pressure gets high, depression sets in with the loss of a loved one, I put on the brakes, get off the wheel for a bit. I my case I have a 69 IH Farmall Cub that I have been working on for several years. Some times it only takes 1/2 hour of the Cub to break the funk, some times it takes all day, but just focusing on something different that you enjoy doing while you sort out your thoughts away from your mainstream life makes all the difference. Pick up a brush and create old farm sign, a favorite saying, and put it up so when you are feeling down you can look up and laugh.

Your Dad made his choices, and not seeing his granchildren is his great loss. Move on and enjoy your children, your business, your farm, your life.

Joe Diaz

Oooops, for a second I thought the thread was called "guilding" not "gliding" so I poked my head in to see what was going on. (damn you dyslexia) LOL. No but in all seriousness, it may sound cliche but I feel like it helps to count ones blessings every chance you get. After reading your post, what I see is a guy with a career in one of the best and rewarding industries in the world (in my opinion), a home to go to at the end of the day, and a family waiting for him when he does. Some folks would kill for a life like that. You really are lucky.

I suggest you try your best to focus on those things, if you need more excitement in your life, figure out things to do with your family. Switch it up. Go on a vacation with them. Work on a project with your kids.

At work, make time for a personal project that you have never tried before, push yourself as a craftsman. Go to trade shows, meet new people, network... etc...

I would also not waste my time on negative outside forces, which is easier to do when you are busy with the things you enjoy. I don't know the whole situation with your father, so it may be different with him, but I actively try to cut negative people and things out of my life. I know since he's your father that may be easier said than done, so I don't know how to attempt to help you there.

Which leads me to my next suggestion: Professional help. Something may be going on mentally or chemically that you don't have the tools to fix on your own. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of especially if it leads to a better life. I hope you climb out of that rut man. It really does sound like you have a lot going for you.

genericname

...Which leads me to my next suggestion: Professional help. Something may be going on mentally or chemically that you don't have the tools to fix on your own. Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of especially if it leads to a better life. I hope you climb out of that rut man. It really does sound like you have a lot going for you.

:goodpost:

Came back here to mention this very thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with seeking the help of a professional. Be it counselling, or just talking to your doctor about your options. I've a number of friends who I could've sworn were in a much better head-space than myself, tell me they're in counselling, and it seems to be working.

SignManiac

Face your mortality by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Once you face the possibility that your life could be over in less than sixty seconds, you will have a greater appreciation of your life. The rush, adrenaline and chemicals released in your brain will make you feel alive, you will want to do it over and over. But be careful, the addiction to skydiving can have the same affect as any other drug.

John Butto

What happened to the old fun loving, baby mammas, raccoon and opossum eating, pistol packing, in your face if you steal from me... Mosh! Say it ain't so! Your a farmer and should know that sometimes your crops gets to much rain or not enough, to much sun, or not enough, some years everything just works out great, other years not so lucky. Everyone here is giving good advice, I don't know about jumping out of the plane though, because maybe one of your ex baby mamas new boyfriend has packed your chute.

rjssigns

Please talk to a professional Mosh. One of my best friends is no longer with us because of depression and anxiety. Even though I only know you through this forum I don't want anything happening to you.

Billct2

Some days suck, especially in the middle of the winter in Nebraska (or any other place that is all shades of grey & cold). Some people suck and you have to create your own family which doesn't always include the biological ones. It's good to remember that these moods do change (if they don't then it's time to get some help). One thing that helps is to get a new project going... or at least plan a fun project for the near warmer future. If you got some cash find some not to far way hotel with a nice pool & restaurant and escape for a weekend, bet there's lots of deals right now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Joe has the best advice I've seen in a long time at this place.

Perhaps you're prior quitting and turning into Edna was some of the early signs [no pun] of this taking hold of your life. Many people have more than one personality and I'm sure.... even though you're a strange one.... you're no different in this category. We've seen a myriad of people in you throughout your stay here, so maybe you're just a little tired and really do need a break from everything.

Go see the professional, Joe spoke of... and maybe things will look better by planting time.

Pat Whatley

The addiction to skydiving can have the same affect as any other drug.
Leave you broke and trying to sell your body at the airport for another jump?

You're gonna be alright Mosh. Watch a couple more Guy on a Buffalo videos and take your kids to do something ridiculous. Focus on the people who make you happy, you've got to cull the others.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
it's just a phase, sooner or later one of the other personalities will take over and btch slap the depressed one back into it's place.

self medicate and wait for it...

tattoo.dan

Bout the same spot here Mosh...not so much depressed just trying to figure it all out and don't have the interest in everything like I have in the past.

Take my daughter to school in morning, work all day, and drink beers every night. Cycle been going on too long here. Need a change for my family and I am sure all the beers are not helping my health any.......

idk, you are not alone though and I hope you can break out of your funk soon...

Techman

get engage with the kids development. I guarantee you will be too busy having fun watching them grow into fine adults.