• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glossy "Wet" Carbon Fiber Wrap Film?

LittleSnakey

Here is a pic of the Arlon wrap vinyl next to a piece of carbon fiber.
you can see its not as glossy but so far its the closest to looking like the real carbon I have seen. its available in 60" rolls, 10 or 25yards.
Good to know!!! Now the question is, why doesn't anyone make a "Wet" carbon fiber wrap film?

Attachments

• IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3451.JPG
    IMG_3451.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 101

ironchef

I recently did this with a high quality carbon fiber jpg, customer loved it, and i charged more then normal

Attachments

• image-4168857099.jpg
    image-4168857099.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 89

JKLeigh

SORRY ~Back from the dead thread~
Has anyone located a more "realistic" Carbon Fiber option? The dry carbon fiber look appeals to some people, and others are just down right disgusted by it. I'd go as far to say that for some it totally kills the customers opinion of wraps all together. Its young adults(18-30ish) that are mostly looking to customize their rides that if the carbon fiber doesn't look or feel right its a no go and yeah. A Very Profitable market segment if anyone can make carbon fiber vinyl thats realistic.

knucklehead

Got an email from ALSA the other day, showing some of their new stuff. Had some CF , don't know about shiny or not. Won't cost nuthin to check them out.

WrapZone

There is actually some pretty descent carbon fibre vinyl from China, best I have seen so far.

Check on ebay for 4D carbon fibre, have done wuite a bit of work with it and it looks very realistic, not high gloss but better thann other structured vinyls. Some mention Arlons but I think it lokks fake from a mile away and if you have a printer you might aswell print it yourself.

Attached some images of some work we have done with the 4D vinyl.

Attachments

• DSC01645.jpg
    DSC01645.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 106

JKLeigh

Got an email from ALSA the other day, showing some of their new stuff. Had some CF , don't know about shiny or not. Won't cost nuthin to check them out.

I think they do charge a $19 fee or a sample packet iirc! And its the same as the stuff that's coming from china!

I have come to think that if a company charges just to get a sample/test sheet then it's probably not that good. Maxplus, VVivid Vinyls to name a few. Anyone think otherwise? <<Please let me know, cuz I'm always eager to get information on new products! Thanks

Patentagosse

I was tired of the "usual" 3M-1080 with the texture so I looked at the products they use in Europe. I ended up importing this stuff from SOTT and it looks fantastic. I only wish they could make it "air-eggress" but not for now. Available in Gloss or matte finish, it's marked as 7years cast film.

Imported it from Netherlands to Canada didn't cost really much more than buying 3M or other similar carbon fiber films. SOTT have ARLON making the majority of their exclusive films (color selection way better then our traditional Avery & 3M over here).

Take a look at it.

Ultimate Premium Plus (on Facebook)

Here' the reply I got after requesting some infos on the film:

First of all, great that you like our product! Our Carbon XS-1916-GL is indeed a SOTT product, with an Arlon basefilm, and the main distributor of this film is in the Netherlands. Arlon is working on distributing the film in the USA and Canada, but to this point SOTT is the only one. But of course we are able to get our film over to you! For your information, here are some facts about this film: It is a Cast PVC film with a permanent repositionable adhesive, so no airchannels. It does however have a low initial tack, so it remains repositionable for some hours. Another plus is the fact that it leaves no adhesive residues when removed.

This is few pics of the hood I've dove with it and a shot of a Porsche 911 wing wrapped with it (from SOTT)

Attachments

• DSCF5573 (Large).jpg
    DSCF5573 (Large).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 113
  • PA190004 (Large).jpg
    PA190004 (Large).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 96
  • SOTT 1916GL_2.jpg
    SOTT 1916GL_2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 88
  • Arlon2.jpg
    Arlon2.jpg