• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goin' Camping!!

Tim Aucoin

That's the look I give customers when they ask for Brush Script.
I like your new pic GiGi and Tim I like your new one too.
But that T really looks like a J.
Where are you planning to camp?

It's a "T" with attitude! The artist had a few beer first I think..:tongue:

We've already got 3 weekends (in a row) planned for camping with friends at various campgrounds in central & western Alberta. The nice thing about being in Calgary is we're a 1 hour drive from the Rocky Mountains and many beautiful campgrounds! 2-3 hours and we're in British Columbia smack in the middle of the mountains.... so there's no lack of places to go. It all depends on how long a weekend we take! :rolleyes:

Tim Aucoin

I am starting to circle around a few class c motorhomes, I am gonna close in on one soon. We had a cute little pop up years ago when we were younger, we had a blast! They are great for a younger crowd, but I want a little more space this time! Enjoy!

Thanks Mainframe! I'm by no means part of the "younger crowd"! I'd love a motorhome, but we want to get our feet wet first. Who knows what a few years may bring...:rolleyes: I gotta say though, this pop-up is pretty roomy and has quite a few cool "extras" (furnace, shower, fridge & stove, indoor & outdoor sound system, etc...) that I don't remember having in a pop-up years ago when I was part of that crowd! Can you really call it "camping" any more??:Big Laugh

The Sign Dude

We bought a pop up about a week ago and if the weather permits we will be popin it up this weekend. We have some friends that camp and they have been after us a while to buy one and go with them. I hope its nice this weekend.

Tim Aucoin

We bought a pop up about a week ago and if the weather permits we will be popin it up this weekend. We have some friends that camp and they have been after us a while to buy one and go with them. I hope its nice this weekend.

Congrats on your pop-up! I do hope the weather cooperates with you! Wendy wanted to go this weekend, but it's a little early in the mountains yet. Maybe in April... it has been a nice early spring here!

If I may suggest something... all of you who camp... take some pics of your camping adventures this season and let's post some pics here. :smile: It would be great to see the different set-ups and campsites we all go to!!

SignManiac

I just can't get into camping. I guess I like my creature comforts too much. My business partner just purchased a 38' motor home. Loaded with everything and I can take it anytime I want anywhere, but I have zero desire to. I think the thing gets 8 miles to the gallon. But...they sure are big here in Florida.

Well I hope you enjoy the camping and it works out good for you. We all need our toys!

Patrick46

first (sorry...but this is a bit OT)...

everyone on this thread is talking about campers they just bought, and/or are looking at buying...which is cool.

But I think this shows how much more stable the economy is getting! We're talking about purchasing expensive TOYS here. (A year ago, this thread would never have taken place!)

My wife and I are avid campers. We've camped just about every way possible.

Had a very nice Class 'C' motorhome back when the kids were still at home...(had a ball with it)
Downsized from that to a teardrop (which we loved and are planning on building one for ourselves).
And now we're onto our 2nd motorcycle pop-up camper.
This one is called a KwikKamp...and we LOVE this thing! :tongue:
It has a queen sized bed in it, with full stnd up dressing area, and you can easily access the storage belly whether the camper is set-up or closed. I'm probably gonna use it this weekend. (I pull it with the hot-rod too!)
(this pic is not our KwikKamp...but ours is identical)
kwikkamp2.jpg
And this was our teardrop...
P1010230.JPG
Happy Camping ALL!!! :rock-n-roll:

Jillbeans

The camper is in the first pic at the left and in the last pic in the background is my son's Burro.
First one was up at my uncle's in Lisbon PA the other two are in Freeport PA both along the Allegheny.
(pix are crappy)
That's my daughter and our little cousin Peyton in the first pic, then my daughter and her dog, then my son and his pal Tyler.
Their aprons had extra bits attached underneath.
I am also a creature comfort person and prefer a hot tub room.

Attachments

• camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 72
  • camp2.jpg
    camp2.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 101
  • camp3.jpg
    camp3.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 82

appligraphics

I have a 89' Franklin 35', I LOVE the old thing, they also dont build em like they used to, full bath (knees dont hit the wall) w/ garden tub. We are permanent at our location, set up w/ satelite and all. Can we really call that camping????

SignManiac

I think you call these things motels on wheels. I'm thinking about parking it in my backyard for a night and sleeping in it but I can't get the thought out of my head that my partner and his wife go to town on the queen size bed and not to sure I want to sleep in the same bed that they've Christened. Maybe I'd sleep on the couch in the living room that extends out with the push of a button.

Attachments

• Motorhome.JPG
    Motorhome.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Motorhome interior.jpg
    Motorhome interior.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 89

Pat Whatley

It's not really camping if you're not in a tent on the ground.

Last summer we camped one night in a local state park that had running water and power outlets in the "primitive" campsites. The people next to us had a microwave, a coffee maker, two lamps and a space heater in their giant tent.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's not really camping if you're not in a tent on the ground.

Last summer we camped one night in a local state park that had running water and power outlets in the "primitive" campsites. The people next to us had a microwave, a coffee maker, two lamps and a space heater in their giant tent.

Have to agree with that. Other than driving miles out into the middle of nowhere.... we had nothing but a stream nearby and our campfire. We didn't even take a radio..... to get away from as much civilization as possible. We'd hike a mile or two out from the 'Primitive' section and see these people with all the comforts of home.... made no sense to me, If you want the comforts of home.... why not stay home. This way seems just like a way to make your wife and yourself clean an entirely nother home away from home.

The kids used bug spray, but for the most part we ate a lot of garlic and the bugs hate that. There's also a soap you can use the bugs hate. I forget which one anymore, but it works also.

The best way is to do nothing while camping and don't sweat and the bugs tend to stay away. It's also comforting to just leisurely camp. :Sleeping:

Tim Aucoin

The camping part is what?....eating, sleeping? What do you do for the rest of the time? Watch TV?

Funny you should ask that! :rolleyes: I figure if we get too bored, or if the weather really sucks, we hop into the back seat of our Edge and......... :covereyes:........... and........ plop a movie into one of the two seat-back DVD players, break out the popcorn & soda and make the best of it!! :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You left out the main ingredient....... Drinking.

What else is there ?? Oh yeah, then there's that....... other stuff.........

signmeup

Funny you should ask that! :rolleyes: I figure if we get too bored, or if the weather really sucks, we hop into the back seat of our Edge and......... :covereyes:........... and........ plop a movie into one of the two seat-back DVD players, break out the popcorn & soda and make the best of it!! :ROFLMAO:
That sounds like a blast.

Marlene

the last time I went camping was a couple of years back in York Maine. our camp site bordered a wild animal park (something I didn't know at the time) so our first night around the camp fire, the noises that were coming from the woods were really scary. my hubby asked "what horror movie is that sound from?" not the question you want to hear in the dark!!! the next day, we heard something even more horrifying, music, really bad music, coming from off in the distance. being idiots, we followed the sound to find an Elvis impersonator signing in the town square (it was the 4th of July celebration). he sang for two hours with no break but what made it really odd was he wasn't singing Elvis songs, he sang stuff from the Beatles and the Monkies. awww, the fun of camping!!!