• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good starter vinyl application kit?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No Cart……
We’re not a bunch of sweethearts, especially to someone that is trying to hide what they’re really doing. Unlike you, we’re all very much serious and unlike you… we take this business and our livelihood very very serious and don’t take kindly to leeches.

Making things for nieces and nephews is such an old bunch of crap, it tends to rub everyone the wrong way.

Your comebacks and reasons are exactly what OP said…. it’s so funny what you say, we all get a chuckle at your expense.

The sarcastic and the reasonably thoughtful posts are all very serious. You just don’t like some of them. We word them differently so we don’t hurt your feelings ?? I doubt that. No one’s intention is to hurt you as a person or your feelings. They are mostly meant to discourage you from doing something that 99.9% of the time doesn’t work for your kind and we just get tired of seeing you people hack through the system to take advantage of it and those of you that remain just hack up the industry and when you finally do fail…. you leave us all picking up the pieces for the pissed off customers you hacks have left behind.

For your sake, I hope you grow a set of balls so big, you prove us wrong, but it hasn’t happened yet here on this site that I know of in my 4 or so years yet…. and I haven’t seen it happen with any shops within 50 miles of me in 35 years. Wait, I lie, there’s a guy across town doing it, but only because he understood he needed to hire some people to make it work. Without them, he was a total clown and his work showed it.

I don’t think you’re serious about any kind of sign business and have no intentions of ever opening a real sign shop. If you were, you wouldn’t be trying to come in the back door, disguised as a sign person and then get all pissed off at us for recognizing your true intentions.

Good Luck........................

schmarmbly

Knock yourself out. I think what the other sign pros here are saying is that it's much, much harder than you think to consistently letter trucks (and every other weird thing sign makers work on) profitably. I don't know how much you paid for the plotter, but for lettering one truck, you will lose money. You will need vinyl to put on your truck, not super expensive, but not cheap, especially when you are throwing away your tenth yard of balled-up sticky crap. You will need a computer to hook to to the plotter, and some software to run the thing. You will need a roll of transfer tape and a method of applying it, which may require additional expense. The type of truck you have will determine the type of installation you will do, which will determine the kind of vinyl you use, which will determine the tools you use. Seriously, that quote might have sounded like a lot, but it is a lot harder than it looks. But, like I said, knock yourself out. Get squeegees, alcohol in a squirt bottle, paper towels, masking tape, a tape measure, xacto with #11 blades, a heat gun, cordless drill with a nice drill holster, little giant ladder, portable scaffold, arc welder and a powder blue '68 Impala and send them to me when you are ready to tear your hair out in frustration. You may succeed at this truck, and I hope you do, but for god's sake don't try to make money doing this. It isn't worth it.

Mosh

I tryed to set up this operation and when these other people found out they came in and smashed everything I had all up into small, tiny bits. I wish I had gone back in time and learned a lesson my grand-dad done told me. Do NOT paint castles in the sky or the law will come down hard, very hard on you and your cousins. Your cousins will be the ones that pay the ultimate price for crap that you started! Mark my works, that is all the Mosh has to say about that.

W

wetgravy

probably ... or someone knifed his tires for putting wrinkled vinyl on their vehicles.

S

SignTech

xacto - mask tape - squeegee - measure thingy - grease pencils - patience - teeth to hold squeegee ... alcohol - good eyes ... at least one, ohh shop wipes ...

Ken1f

xacto - mask tape - squeegee - measure thingy - grease pencils - patience - teeth to hold squeegee ... alcohol - good eyes ... at least one, ohh shop wipes ...

And a partridge in a pear tree...sorry, all this Christmas music I've been listening to lately has kind of stuck in my head.

Techman

He gone. This is an old thread.

How many of us had to put up with some hack who had to "start somewhere" and open up by us? Too many.

How many had to work behind some jackleg and taken a beating from a client over price because the jackleg work was so bad? The client has no confidence so he rants over prices. Too many.

How many of us had to listen to a potential client brag about getting his work done by his in-law who moonlighted as a vinyl jockey? Too many.

These tourists with their casual use agenda come in and we give them all of it. We are killing this bizz doing this. We are killing off a poor sucker who really does this work by allowing the cowwens and eavesdroppers full and complete access to all we have without any accountability or even a simple commitment?

Its a fact. Given too many choices we all lose confidence in our choices. Same with a client. He looks around and gets 27 different prices from almost free to high and and finally chooses the cheapest.

So, with all this said.. Why is it that so many are willing to give aid and comfort to the enemy?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
He gone. This is an old thread.

How many of us had to put up with some hack who had to "start somewhere" and open up by us? Too many.

How many had to work behind some jackleg and taken a beating from a client over price because the jackleg work was so bad? The client has no confidence so he rants over prices. Too many.

How many of us had to listen to a potential client brag about getting his work done by his in-law who moonlighted as a vinyl jockey? Too many.

These tourists with their casual use agenda come in and we give them all of it. We are killing this bizz doing this. We are killing off a poor sucker who really does this work by allowing the cowwens and eavesdroppers full and complete access to all we have without any accountability or even a simple commitment?

Its a fact. Given too many choices we all lose confidence in our choices. Same with a client. He looks around and gets 27 different prices from almost free to high and and finally chooses the cheapest.

So, with all this said.. Why is it that so many are willing to give aid and comfort to the enemy?

Haha.... running the risk of this turning political.... since it's already a dead thread..... [ha, poet and don't know it]....... it must be an Obama mentality kinda thing.......... :ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh :covereyes: :tongue: :bushmill: :omg::beer :ROFLMAO::beer :thread :Oops: :doh: :wine-smi: