• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got the XR-640 installed today!

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Bummer! Mine doesn't come for another week or 2. :( I really wanna get my fix of updates, reviews, pics or videos!

zagoaristides

I'm very confused because I read a lot about the options I can afford. Reviews about the s70670 are pretty good. Why is that many people recomend HP, Mimaki or Roland that are older technology? Many brands use Epson Heads, and this new one has the last technology DX6 if I'm not wrong.

HP plotters produce a lot of heat that can melt second brand vinyls like many times we have. Also they don't print in white, and for me is a very important issue. The others are Roland and Mimaki, but the Mimaki JV33 (which I can afford) is 2 generations older compared with the Epson. The Roland Pro 4 has also a cutting element that I won't use.

I really don't know if someone can clarify some of my doubts.

The last doubt is the alternative inks for the new generation heads I wrote some lines ago. Someone is developing for DX6 heads? Are you going to have white/silver inks?

Thanks a lot.