• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got the XR-640 installed today!

Well, we got the new XR-640 installed today. Didn't get to do a whole lot of printing yet, but hopefully tomorrow ill get some profiles made and get to some serious testing of this machine. From what I've seen of the printing so far, it's going to be a real work horse. Grays are incredible, and the speed and quality is just amazing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 106
J

john1

Well, we got the new XR-640 installed today. Didn't get to do a whole lot of printing yet, but hopefully tomorrow ill get some profiles made and get to some serious testing of this machine. From what I've seen of the printing so far, it's going to be a real work horse. Grays are incredible, and the speed and quality is just amazing.

I dislike you right now. lol (I have a SP300i)

Love the machine, Good luck and make some money!

Well, after about 1/2 a day of building profiles, it seems to be printing beautifully. All the higher resolution profiles look amazing, the graininess is so minimal even very close up. I'm having just a slight issue with real low quality, high speed profiles, but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to check with roland on what to do. To me, it seems like its to much ink lay down, and I'm not a profile expert, so I'm sure they will be able to help me out a little more. I still haven't made many real world prints yet, just profiling still. But even just the color block from the profiles look much better than those of our XC-540 as far as the quality. Will take more pics, and post more information as I learn and get it all.

grafikguy

President
Good for you. I am in the process right now and have been told I can't expect to see mine until mid February.

Letterbox Mike

Is it just me or does it look like the Roland XR shares a lot of parts as the new Epsons (giant post-heat platen, dryer, pretty much the entire stand and feed/takeup assembly, etc.)? I'm comparing pics of the two side-by-side and it's hard to tell for sure, but it sure does look like they are at least partly built from the same parts bin.

Mosh

I want one! I plan to order one after the first of the year....if my taxes don't go from 32% to 39%...I will get one anyway, it is only money.
BTW, did you know farmers' taxes are due in March not April like the rest of you "Mericans"...

Still profiling, printed our first real job on it today. The reds, grays, and just the quality of the print, is much better than that of our XC 540. It runs faster at the same quality as the 540 as well. Still having a few profiling issues with lower quality settings, but hopefully, Roland will help me out with this. I'll shoot some more pics, and some video tomorrow.

CS-SignSupply-TT

To all of our signs101 friends, Bobby just returned from Roland's XR-640 training in North Carolina. According to Bobby, the light black makes the black rich and deep. The ESL4 metallic inks you can almost see your reflection. What a machine! What a price!