• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Got the XR-640 installed today!

petepaz

To all of our signs101 friends, Bobby just returned from Roland's XR-640 training in North Carolina. According to Bobby, the light black makes the black rich and deep. The ESL4 metallic inks you can almost see your reflection. What a machine! What a price!

my mouth is watering ours is sitting in the box got here last week but the boss wants to wait till after we get back from vaca. we are crazy busy and don't have time to be mvoing stuff around and setting it up.

glad you got your's going, have fun

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Checked on one a few days ago. Got told none available till after January. That's ok I really need to concentrate on getting our new building under construction 1st. We don't have anywhere to put a new printer. Congrats on the new equipment.

Buckitman

Still profiling, printed our first real job on it today. The reds, grays, and just the quality of the print, is much better than that of our XC 540. It runs faster at the same quality as the 540 as well. Still having a few profiling issues with lower quality settings, but hopefully, Roland will help me out with this. I'll shoot some more pics, and some video tomorrow.

Pics and video?

rydods

Member for quite some time.
The bank just called and approved us for financing for the new Pro 4. Now the process of getting quotes from distributors in Wisconsin and what Laminator to pair it up with. Any Ideas on the Laminator? 1 distributor told us to expect to wait till around March for it. I hope that's not true. I won't go with them just for that reason. I can't wait for it. :/

CS-SignSupply-TT

Xr 640 availability

The bank just called and approved us for financing for the new Pro 4. Now the process of getting quotes from distributors in Wisconsin and what Laminator to pair it up with. Any Ideas on the Laminator? 1 distributor told us to expect to wait till around March for it. I hope that's not true. I won't go with them just for that reason. I can't wait for it. :/

I just checked on XR640 availability. "...We are currently in a backorder situation until the middle of February 2013..."

Mike_Koval

This machine is a beast! When i first saw at SGIA i was amazed at the print quality.

Doesn't surprise me...another great product from the folks at Roland

We just got the metallics installed on Friday. They are looking pretty nice. I shot one video and some pics of it, but the video I will have to edit down some. I'll try and maybe get that loaded up this weekend if I can get some free time.

BoF

Hi there, Are you printing with Versaworks or another RIP, What is the pass and resolution do you use most - 6 pass 540x720 or something else?

thanks!

Robert M

Worth a look

I have not seen the Roland or the new Epson SureColor S70670 print but you should check them both out. On paper the new Roland's print head configuration is the same as the old Epson GS6000. Two eight color DX 6 print heads, 180 nozzles per channel. The Sure Color has the latest 10 channel 360 nozzle print heads (TPF heads). The Epson has the option of two more colors and a print pass twice that of the Roland. Not looking to start up a printer/ cutter vs printer and stand alone cutter thread, just pointing out the latest technology.

I print with versaworks. I use all custom profiles, our wraps are 720x720, and general signage at 540x720. Occasionally we do high speed banners at 540x360

2B

How does the contour cutting add up as far a accuracy and ability to do long runs

We don't typically do contour cutting on print/cut over about 7 feet unless no other option. But the longest print/cut we've attempted on the xr so far has only been about 5 feet and it was perfect.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
What is the depth of the printer only without the ink bay attachment or any other attachment that are put on after? I will be putting my new XR-640 in my exposed basement and I hope the door will slide wide enough. If not, we may have to pull the whole frame out. Also, what is the weight and how many people should we have on hand to lift? Specs say over 400 lbs with stand but my supplier seems to think its a bit over 200.

The printer itself without the stand is 25" deep. The stand is about 30 1/2" deep. You could move each piece in on its own, then assemble. I wouldn't think its 400lbs. Two pretty strong guys with good backs could lift up each side, but not for a long distance or anything.