• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gotta love the stupidity of some people....

Joe Diaz

My guess is the guy realizes that this type of thing is going to happen with a banner in a windstorm, but he's just trying to get a 2nd free banner out the deal.

You should tell him he should have purchased banner insurance. This type of thing would have been covered. LOL

Also, you have to wonder if his "valuable client relationship and $1000’s in retainer income" were on shakey ground to begin with. I can't imagine a banner being beat up by bad whether would harm any type of healthy business relationship. Based on his email, I'm guessing it's his personality that's the problem not the banner. Just my 2 cents.

TheSnowman

THEY installed it and they want YOU to stand behind it? No way. That's not something I'd warrant even if I did install it, but no way when someone else installs anything.

Matt-Tastic

My guess is the guy realizes that this type of thing is going to happen with a banner in a windstorm, but he's just trying to get a 2nd free banner out the deal.

You should tell him he should have purchased banner insurance. This type of thing would have been covered. LOL

Also, you have to wonder if his "valuable client relationship and $1000’s in retainer income" were on shakey ground to begin with. I can't imagine a banner being beat up by bad whether would harm any type of healthy business relationship. Based on his email, I'm guessing it's his personality that's the problem not the banner. Just my 2 cents.

As much as that sounds funny, If the customer has business insurance, the cost of a replacement banner would be covered by "Act of God". It's a pain, but the insurance company will cover it sooner or later, and after his deductible. I've seen shop windows blown in by hurricanes, and insurance has covered it.

I also agree that a banner in a Huge windstorm should be the last of a customers worry. If he installed it on another person's site, He's probably getting hit by his customer to replace it, and you're getting domino effect. Your customer is damaging his relationship with you, because he's already damaged the relationship with his customer. It's the circle of being a dick.

anotherdog

As much as that sounds funny, If the customer has business insurance, the cost of a replacement banner would be covered by "Act of God". It's a pain, but the insurance company will cover it sooner or later, and after his deductible. I've seen shop windows blown in by hurricanes, and insurance has covered it.

Sure, except if it is covered by insurance they then go after the installer and manufacturer (you) to recoup losses. Doesn't matter who is right if you blow ten thousand dollars on lawyers to prove it.

We will be seeing a lot more of this as the weather gets more stormy. I live in a very windy place. I do not recommend any long term vinyl banner over about 40 square feet. Minus 20 with 100kph wind will take any banner no matter how well secured at the edges. Ripples grow and crack in the cold.

I do like the idea of windslits though, gives the cracks a place to start.