• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtech Vs. Designtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wouldn't be that concerned about the cutting strip. It's designed to be what wears out and it will develop a groove in it through normal use. On the issue of the blade depth, my experience is that most cutters will cut slightly deeper in certain directions and on curves. So with just the right force to cut normally, you may see partially cut release liners if your depth is set too deep. Looking in the opposite direction, if your depth is right you can have too much force applied and still get a clean cut.

kilerb

Thanks a lot... I do have another question... The guy at the sign warehouse said that the Designtech 60 will only work with Corel Draw. Is there a way around that? Maybe a fix or a driver i could get to make it work in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator? Thanks!

iSign

geeez... 2 weeks later I check this post & you're asking that same question again??!!

Doug Allan said:
No!

all plotters cut from "vector" files. Photoshop is not a vector based program. While it may have remote similarities in the use of paths... Photoshop is a pixel based program & will most likely never be suitable for outputting graphics to any vinyl cutting device.

...while my old reply doesn't take into account whatever improvements may exist in Photoshop CS2's ability to begin to scratch the surface of "vectors" I am sure Adobe will never bother competing with their own product, so anyone with Illustrator would USE illustrator for vector work.

Howard Keiper said:
I can't say what software complement ships with Designtec, if any. Graphtec's ship with both Corel and Illustrator plug in's.

so with all the information available in advance, you bought the cheaper one that doesn't do what the Graphtec did... & now you want it to do what the Graphtec does? Well, maybe you can get the $200 plug-in from Howard

kilerb

Dude, are you just following me from post to post letting yourself get annoyed by everything I write? Man, you are obsessed! LOL... For your information, the nice lady on the other thread gave me a great quick way to export my photoshop files to corel and keep the vector paths that PS created. I guess watching the hours of tutorials was not really needed afterall. Get a hobby besides picking on beginners on forum boards. Just because YOU didn't know how to do the export "paths to illustrator" (Which Corel Draw can read) doesn't mean I shouldn't be on here looking for someone that does know the answer. Obviously it paid off, even after having to read through all of your attacks. Get a life man! LOLOL....

P.S. Howard was one of the few that said the Graphtech would work great for me and my purposes, and guess what, it's perfect... Doing exactly what I wanted, with the old files I had in Photoshop. If it wasn't for inquiring on here, I would not have figured out how to do that by watching the included adobe tutorials that you suggested while being a jerk. I didn't have to recreate all my existing text files and start from scratch in Corel Draw. My guess is that you probably wish I did have to. You've got real issues man, and I would say you should fix them, but it's probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too late. Good luck with being happy and learning about how you don't have to insult others to make yourself feel better, like you did on the Corel thread. Unreal...

Howard Keiper

kilerb...
This is an ego driven website and everybody needs to be right...and guess what, everybody is, to some extent.
If I've been able to help you, that's great....tell my boss. :))
You can contact me anytime.
hk

iSign

kilerb said:
I suppose that the tutorials would have led me to that link with the symbols you showed? LOL... The ones that are in Corel are very thin and did not match the text I was using, which is why I wanted to use my photoshop image, which looked great. It's not cutting great too, no thanks to you since you weren't aware of how to export the paths like a couple others here that helped instead of attacked. You suck man.

"dude"... if you wanted to convince us you were not some young punk... well, I couldn't care less what unique liabilities feed your melodramatic tendencies, but back to the original issue... if you may someday actually proceed out beyond the familiar territory of "the old files you had in Photoshop" ... you have been given information of the best ways to create, or import perfect vector data... and NO... exporting "paths to illustrator" IS NOT THE WAY! It is merely a BAND-AID solution for a crying little boy who has whined about his little problem enough that some sympathy posts have coddled you with this weak link between the wrong place to start, & the right place to end up without the burden of learning even 5 extra minutes of the proper use of computer graphics technology. I mentioned PS "paths" 2 hours after you joined this site, but to expound on short-cut cheats that produce imperfect vectors is not advice I would ever give because it is a cheap substitute true professionals wouldn't accept. When you are ready, watch the tutorials. You will fall by the wayside of irrelevance... or you will choose to suck it up & invest your time in learning your software.

kilerb

LOL!!! Melodramatic? I came on here asking questions to solve a problem and you told me to "Go away" and that I was "Clueless." I'm melodramtic?!!? If that's not a 5th grader looking for a fight, I don't know what is... Open your eyes "Dude" and stop throwing names and accusations at me like "young punk" or "crying little boy" when all I did was ask a question, then get shot down by a jerk, then defend myself. You're the aggressive punk/bully that went way over the top because you did not like my forum ettiquette on my 2nd fricken post. You've got issues Doug, and you went way out of your way to attack a perfect stranger. I've never seen so much name calling from someone old enough to be a grandfather. I just hope I'm not as grumpy and in denial of my actions when I hit my golden years. LOL :U Rock:

My software is working great thanks! Band-Aid solution? It's cutting perfect and I'm able to use my old photoshop designs. Seems like you just didn't know how to do this, so you're all pissed off now and calling the solution names just like you do people when you become insecure. Just stop Doug, you may think you're winning, but you're not. You're not going to. You attacked me first and you look like a total jackass doing that to a preshooler on the boards looking for help. I'm sure you use many software titles where you don't need the extent of their features. Would you like it if I attacked you because you only use Microsoft Word for printing envelopes when there are thousands of other uses? I wouldn't do that, because you might not NEED them. I make text tees for got sakes, so stop telling me what I need to learn and not learn. I've got it down and it's working great. I'm not opening a sign shop and your constant pokes on every thread just show that your level of maturity is WAYYY lower than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.