• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greek

Marco

Greek One PRACT.jpg
I need help with this design. Is in a landmark District. I dont think is quite ready yet. Please comment, or redo. All art is welcome.

Malkin

I would recommend using a different typestyle for "Niko's" (so it's not all the same) and adjust the kerning.

Change the gradient to just 1 hue, like medium blue to dark blue.

please comment or redo that just kind of rubs me the wrong direction...not trying to be a richard head but normally you post up your ideaS and we help you improve.

one of my own personal pet peeves is when people post up work for improvement and design help when it is obvious they have invested very little into it themselves.

if you are not a seasoned professional designer (and there is nothing wrong with that at all) there are many very talented artists available for hire.

suggestions on the current project...design101 design in black and white first. all of the color, effects, etc will not save a poor design.

what are you trying to achieve? you have given us no information, no goals, nothing nada...all i can get from what has been supplied is the name of the restaurant.

what are we attempting to design? sign, logo, other?
is there an existing logo that needs to be incorporated?

what is the final use of the sign, or whatever we are designing?

what is the final size?

if you don't know the answers to these questions you should have or help your client fill out a design brief (you should always have the client fill out a design brief)

from my own perspective over the years i have noticed a couple things that i think are pretty common sense but here they are ... the more information you provide us the more we have to work with to help you create a design that you are happy with for YOUR clietn...and... the more effort you put into creating a great design for YOUR client the more positive input, direction, suggestion and effort the person asking for help tends to receive from the community...i mean seriously why should we invest our time and effort into YOUR project when you have not.

Marco

Ty Dan, not much of a writer here. I'm originally from Spain, it was there that I studied Architecture. Lately, just like some of us here, I have been placing food on the table by taking on projects outside my realm, its been a challenge but a fun experience. I do not consider myself a sign maker, but I know I can learn to be one. I thank you for the comment, I will reflect on it a bit. Hope you can forgive my grammar. Thank you for your input.

Marco

Again.

Try, try and carry on. The client requested blue & red background. The rest of it is up to the artist. Your comments are welcomed. Greek One pract2.jpg

Malkin

I generally use a script for the name and the big headline font for what they do (opposite of what you have)

What's more important, the guys name or what he does?

Fitch

I think your first try is a little complicated. Try simplifying it.

I also tthink that as a designer / signmaker it is also your job to best advise the client - not the other way around. If I listened to all my clients and their workers, wives, neighbours etc, I would never get a job completed and if I did it would look like crapolla. Red and blue are very hard to have work successfully unless on a white background, and an excellent design.

Here is a quick take as an alternative path to take.

Cheers - G

Attachments

• NICOS.jpg
    NICOS.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 85

CentralSigns

Gotta make sure you have a deep Mediterranean Blue. That would be the most important piece of the design, to a Greek restaurant, who's owners are from the old country.

Jillbeans

If that is to be used in a landmark district it is far too modern.
The digital-looking background is not appropriate even if it is what the customer requested.
Here is a suggestion using a pre-fab sign panel from VectorArt modified a tad.
(which can be purchased here)
This would be a nice dimensional piece with gilded lettering.
You didn't give much to go on regarding size etc.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic2.jpg
    Graphic2.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 84

Marco

U guys are awesome!!! Thank you, I'll put something together within the next day. I will post soon.

Service Sign Co

Thanks Jill, they are Font Diner styles I figured I would never use,but Mister Television that was in the package was one that works well. I looked for an alternate "s" for the International Palms script, but there wasn't one.

Marco

Greek - More

Greek One pract7.jpg
I feel a bit closer to the actual design. I am using a few of your ideas, consider this practice. I am going to be doing a bit more research in the next few days. Thank you guys, you have been awesome. Please feel free to comment. By the way, these are supposed to be refacings for existing cabinets (4'x6' and 3'x24'). I'm concentrating on the small one. ;-)