• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 problem, am I crazy??!!

OldPaint

do you know an ELECTRICAN? i think your source of power has some issue. either you main power box has a short, the receptical your pluging into, or are you on a CARPET??? i would get UPS POWER SUPPY, to go between the wall plug and the plotter. make sure you have a proper ground on the outlet. something aint right in your building.

buttons

do you know an ELECTRICAN? i think your source of power has some issue. either you main power box has a short, the receptical your pluging into, or are you on a CARPET??? i would get UPS POWER SUPPY, to go between the wall plug and the plotter. make sure you have a proper ground on the outlet. something aint right in your building.

did you read his last post? Roland admitted to sending him a broken machine.

OldPaint

did you read his last post? Roland admitted to sending him a broken machine.
I DID...............was just giving an added suggestion to make sure its nothing in his power supply. i have a SPIKE PROTECTOR mounted to my main electrical box. all of my computer/plotter/printers run thru UPS. lightning can come into your equipment on BOTH SIDES, power in & ground up.

FrankieTeardrop

Well, believe it or not it's still not resolved. I'm supposed to be receiving the refurb plotter tomorrow. It's the one they had already sent that gave me a motor error right when I turned it on. So I had to box it back up & return it. It's supposed to be fixed now, I hope. I just don't know anymore what to make of this whole situation. I know this is out of the ordinary for all parties involved but it doesn't change the fact that it has had a great impact on myself & my business. I lost an old client yesterday because I couldn't produce in time & it really hit home. I then called Roland trying to find out if I could get some sort of compensation for ALL my troubles & was offered a 5 pack of blades. I inquired about getting a new print head for my sp-300 which has that common problem of the black print head going bad prematurely which I think is some sort of design flaw since a lot of people have complained about it. Now I'm not someone who tries to get something for nothing or likes to rock the boat but I also don't wanna feel like I just let them walk over me & try to sweep this problem under the rug. I just wanna forget it too but I'm reminded everyday of how important it is to be confident with my ability to produce. I haven't seen my business thus personal bank accounts this low in a long time & it's scary. Everyone that knows me says I'm way too nice but that's just the way I am. I'm tired of all of this & I just don't know what to do anymore...

Custom_Grafx

Well, believe it or not it's still not resolved. I'm supposed to be receiving the refurb plotter tomorrow. It's the one they had already sent that gave me a motor error right when I turned it on. So I had to box it back up & return it. It's supposed to be fixed now, I hope. I just don't know anymore what to make of this whole situation. I know this is out of the ordinary for all parties involved but it doesn't change the fact that it has had a great impact on myself & my business. I lost an old client yesterday because I couldn't produce in time & it really hit home. I then called Roland trying to find out if I could get some sort of compensation for ALL my troubles & was offered a 5 pack of blades. I inquired about getting a new print head for my sp-300 which has that common problem of the black print head going bad prematurely which I think is some sort of design flaw since a lot of people have complained about it. Now I'm not someone who tries to get something for nothing or likes to rock the boat but I also don't wanna feel like I just let them walk over me & try to sweep this problem under the rug. I just wanna forget it too but I'm reminded everyday of how important it is to be confident with my ability to produce. I haven't seen my business thus personal bank accounts this low in a long time & it's scary. Everyone that knows me says I'm way too nice but that's just the way I am. I'm tired of all of this & I just don't know what to do anymore...

That sounds really unusual - why don't you escalate it with Roland? Request to lodge an official case with the manager so that it can be sorted out. Are you dealing with Roland directly or through a dealer?

FrankieTeardrop

I was dealing with the local distributor but now with Roland. I don't think I can get an upgrade since I apparently can't get anything better than a refurbished gx-24.