• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 problem, am I crazy??!!

buttons

POWER STRIP?????????? see why we ask what you seem to think are DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!
you do not plug a plotter into a POWER STRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your asking for problems!!!!
either plug direct to a 15-20 amp GROUNDED wall socket or to a BATTERY BACKUP POWER SUPPLY!!!!!!
any roland ive ever owned......IVE NEVER RUN IT OVER 100..........on the down force!!!!!
for regular vinyl!!!!!! YOU DONY HAVE A PEN FOR THE PLOTTER??? i thought you just bought it????? IT COMES WITH ONE IN THE BOX!!!!!!

My Roland has been plugged into a power strip since I've owned it with no problems. I also purchased it new and never received a plotter pen. :popcorn:

round man

I have seen rolands do that when the little screw that attaches the knife carriage to the belt that controls the y axis movement becomes loose.

Bill43mx

YOU DONY HAVE A PEN FOR THE PLOTTER??? i thought you just bought it????? IT COMES WITH ONE IN THE BOX!!!!!!

Actually it doesn't. We didn't get one when we purchased ours new 3 years ago. I also just checked the Roland website. Here is the list of included items:

AC adapter, power cord, blade, blade holder, separating knife, roller base, tweezers, test-use material, application tape, USB cable, CD-ROM, user’s manual

And Roland doesn't even list a pen (or pen holder) as an accessory for the GX24.

You've been a valuable resource on Roland plotters in the past but in this case you are just plain wrong.:Oops:

OldPaint

well i got a manual from a PNC-1000, PNC-1100, and ONE FOR A CX-300.......and all of em, show a PEN.............in the "in the box" list!!!!! for the cx-300 it is named ALIGNMENT TOOL!! i guess when you buy the cheaper one it might not come with a pen.

Attachments

• pnc1100.jpg
    pnc1100.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 125
  • cx300.jpg
    cx300.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 152

OldPaint

pens for a roland..............can be bought at any of the vinyl /plotter/printer supply places.
JAST ASK FOR EM!!!!!

FrankieTeardrop

Hey all, we had a family emergency with my Grandma but she's stable for now. She's a tough ol' gal.

Okay, so Roland in California are replacing my plotter, they've been very helpful & are really wanting to get to the bottom of this too. I still don't know why it got a clean bill from the service dept in Dallas though?? My plotter didn't & wasn't supposed to come with a pen so I didn't check that but I would assume if it would have helped then the roland service would have checked it right? I too have always used power strips, mainly for the added surge protection & have never had any problems before. I only had my gx-24 & sp-300 connected to it. ALSO I never said anyone was asking me "dumb questions" in any of my posts & I'm not sure why some people are getting so angry & fed up. I was simply trying to explain the problem the best I can & maybe find a way to resolve the issue without having to return the plotter. It's frustrating enough dealing with this on my own & I didn't mean to ruin anyone else's day with it.

:bushmill: <-- That's for me.

PromoGuyTy

An impersonation for your review:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLAHBLAHBLAH ?????????????????? BLAH BLAH USES MULTIPLE PUNCTUATION MARKS!!!!!!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH?????????????????? REPLY WITHOUT READING POSTS????????? MAKES CRAZY ASSUMPTIONS!!!!! ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who am I?????????

:)

StickySigns

yours looks way worse than what mine does
I added an example of my dotted lines.

Attachments

• cuttingroland.jpg
    cuttingroland.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 111

StickySigns

That's siser ps heat transfer material for textile prints. Does the same with other vinyls but as these are mat it shows better on picture.

I too have to put around120- 160 g of pressure to cut trough most calendered vinyls

FrankieTeardrop

Yeah, I don't know what to think anymore... I guess I'll see how the new one does when it comes in & hope for the best! Maybe there's a flaw in the design or a certain part that only affects a few machines???

OldPaint

since your buyin NEW...........why not just spring for the upgrade to a CX/CM-300???
i thought all the other rolands i had was great, this CX-300 i have is wonderfull!!!!!

FrankieTeardrop

Just so everyone knows I've been VERY pleased with the effort that Roland has put out to make sure I'll be happy with this plotter. Who the heck knows what the problem is with it but I'll tell ya, they really wanna make sure it gets resolved & that I'm happy:clapping: I was hoping that I was just doing something stupid & a simple checking of an option on the menu would do the trick & maybe I'd find the answer on the forum but they found me on here & called me to take action. If this new performs like it should then I'll be a happy camper & stick with 'em. Hell, I've used some of their music equipment since I was 16 years old & always thought it was quality so why should this be any different :rock-n-roll:

Sign Works

It's been my personal experience that Roland can and will go above and beyond normal expectations of customer service and standing behind their products. I once had a defective Roland printer/cutter that proved to be unfixable by Roland, after sevvicing the machine three times and still not resolving the problem I asked a supervisor what he was going to do to resolve the problem and he offered a brand new unit for replacement. The replacement machine has worked flawlessly for the past eight years, the replaced unit's warranty had ran out and was also a eval/refurbished unit when purchased.

When it came time to purchase an inkjet printer there was no question as to what brand I would choose, Roland all the way. Love the Versacamm also, this thing is still printing great five years later. It's like printing money while I jibber jabber on Signs 101. :thumb:

Attachments

• 663.jpg
    663.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 119

FrankieTeardrop

Well, I've been holding off posting until my plotter problems have been resolved but I regret to say that they're not. They say if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all but I know y'all are on the edge of your seats as to what's been going on LOL. Roland in Cali ended up sending me a refurbished plotter to replace mine but it ended up having a motor error issue right from the get go when I turned it on for the first time. I managed to get half way through one job though before it quit on me & ruining the job but on the up side it was cutting beautifully! At least now I know that this machine is capable of making good cuts & mine & the loaner machines both had issues with it & I'm not crazy. On the other hand I feel that perhaps maybe I am cursed since the refurb machine had it's own new set of issues. It turns out as I was told that the one they sent me never actually got refurbished & I had to pack it up & send it back. I also sent the loaner back to the local distributor & I have my original machine here that doesn't work but was sent to Roland in Dallas to be fixed & was sent back to me with the same exact issue. Last week I had 3 non-working gx-24 machines in my shop at one time. So I'm just wanting to get this off my chest & want some feedback. I know that roland reads this board & I know that they're trying to help me but this whole thing has really been extremely stressful. I've had to turn down jobs, ruined lots of others & I know I've lost at least one good client. I have no confidence in my work production & can't promise my clients that I can have anything done on time. On a separate but almost equal note this all immediately follows my purchase of the new Flexisign 10 software from another company that sent me the wrong software package twice! It took 2 weeks to get that resolved...Damn, should I just give up?

spur

Well, I've been holding off posting until my plotter problems have been resolved but I regret to say that they're not. They say if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all but I know y'all are on the edge of your seats as to what's been going on LOL. Roland in Cali ended up sending me a refurbished plotter to replace mine but it ended up having a motor error issue right from the get go when I turned it on for the first time. I managed to get half way through one job though before it quit on me & ruining the job but on the up side it was cutting beautifully! At least now I know that this machine is capable of making good cuts & mine & the loaner machines both had issues with it & I'm not crazy. On the other hand I feel that perhaps maybe I am cursed since the refurb machine had it's own new set of issues. It turns out as I was told that the one they sent me never actually got refurbished & I had to pack it up & send it back. I also sent the loaner back to the local distributor & I have my original machine here that doesn't work but was sent to Roland in Dallas to be fixed & was sent back to me with the same exact issue. Last week I had 3 non-working gx-24 machines in my shop at one time. So I'm just wanting to get this off my chest & want some feedback. I know that roland reads this board & I know that they're trying to help me but this whole thing has really been extremely stressful. I've had to turn down jobs, ruined lots of others & I know I've lost at least one good client. I have no confidence in my work production & can't promise my clients that I can have anything done on time. On a separate but almost equal note this all immediately follows my purchase of the new Flexisign 10 software from another company that sent me the wrong software package twice! It took 2 weeks to get that resolved...Damn, should I just give up?

Wow man, tough breaks, but don't give up!

It looks like Roland is really going out of their way to make things right with your plotter, but after 3 machines and lost business......I don't know.

Maybe you should look at a refund and going after a Summa or Graphtec instead. Good Luck!