• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has Anyone here used Printavo as their Business Management software?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have been users of the SignVox/ShopVox product since 2014... It has become grossly apparent that they will never change, in fact their most recent upgrades has literally caused us to work 3 times as hard and it's getting old and expensive!

We have been on the hunt for other solutions and I have come across Printavo but I have only found 1 "Sign" shop that has written a online reviews of them. I was wondering if I the vast knowledge base here if anyone of you have any experience with them.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I’m curious as to what you would like shopVox to change, exactly?

You’re working 3 times as hard at what task(s)?

I don’t have any experience with Printavo but I just watched their intro video and, at first blush, I didn’t get the impression it was much different.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have a laundry list but the most glaring is the fact that now after their newest updates, our workflow is completely broken. We create jobs and instead of starting they install go complete, so we have to always go back and restart them.
If we edit a schedule it instantly completes and we have to manually restart them.

Their printed work orders are not adjustable so simple multi-line item jobs print over pages rather than 1 page and they "can't" change the information that prints.

Nearly every time they update some of my calculations break and I have to fix it. A consistent problem has been when building a quote if create a product then have to adjust anything the calculated price is not correct until someone checks override then unchecks it.

This stuff is adding up and it's getting to the point that ShopVox is a chore to use vs a benefit.

It's not to say it's all bad, it's just the bad has become overwhelming and with us processing more and more complex jobs it's getting to be a burden and slowing our growth. The other downside to the ShopVox realm is that there are little to no integrations and those they do have cost alot more then they are worth... And everything is an additional cost, I mean come on a online invoicing system that charges you additional to collect money? Seriously!?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is my assumption correct that you’ve provided your laundry list of problems to shopVox and haven’t had much resolution?

I’m guessing they serve a single solution for their sign shop customers / subscribers. Therefore, they might have to weigh one user’s preference, method, calculation, feature, etc., against all others. You might imagine what a challenge that is for such an industry as sign making. Lots of different products and services, lots of different materials used in lots of different ways by lots of different people with lots of different skill sets.

I can recommend at least one course of action at this point.

See if you find any other preference, method, calculation, feature, etc., in any other software that you believe you want or need. Point the shopVox people there and then say, “I want it like this.”

When they have a live example, it helps make their job rather easy. If they feel the step is in the right direction, they have been humbled and their customers should be rewarded by the progress.

If they don’t agree with you, maybe it’s time for you to find a different solution and if you can’t do that, it’s time for you to move forward and have a custom solution created for your use just as you create custom products for your customer’s use.

‘just say’n that’s how it works in my experience.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have gone the cyrious route, still own a copy and may bring it back out. I have been eyeing corebridge but there seems to be a few things that are off putting to me as a business owner.

Bly

What don't you like about Corebridge?
I've signed up and am going through setup now, we haven't gone live yet.
I love how it gives you detailed pricing control and will show you the amount of margin on each part of the job.

Christian @ 2CT Media

My major concerns are no access to API unless we pay a fortune per month, and there are a few other fees that reminds of ShopVox pay to play with basic features.

What plan are you on? I'd be interested to see what you think about it once you are all set up. I need to make a decision soon as my employees have basically given up on ShopVox as it's complicating their day.

Bly

We're on the Small Business plan with the smallest data.
It runs in a browser, no app as far as I know.
I'm using it to work out prices already, just need to get up to speed with the rest of it.

TXFB.INS

I know the bosses here will be VERY interested in your findings / evaluation, as I am sure all members here will be
Especially with you doing a parallel integration and these two programs seems to be the most sought after for cloud / internet based options.