• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has Anyone here used Printavo as their Business Management software?

We don't use this but have been looking for something like this. Seems like a good program. We use quickbooks and it is supposed to be able to tie in with quickbooks also. I have setup a phone call tomorrow to go over what it can do with a rep from the company.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I will certainly... The onboarding with CoreBridge so far is much more in-depth and extensive than what we had with SignVox / ShopVox.

The real deciding factor for us to try CoreBridge in parallel is that we are trying to build a more customer facing interface and ShopVox through conversations with them, we really have little access to all the data stored there, where as CoreBridge has direct solutions already in place.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Interesting. I look forward to hearing how you like CoreBridge. I'll check it out in the meantime.

edited to add: No screenshots on their site and demo video doesn't load. Oh well, guess I'll get some work done instead!
I thought that way too, but after 1 35min web demo it's understandable why they don't show images online. There are so many layers of depth and control, you really can use the system any way you want. I truly think it's the most personalized system I've looked at thus far.

I've been trying to make ShopVox work, it's just getting harder and harder. I also just discovered the my data truly isnt my data and I have no way of getting it from them or dumping it myself short of going item by item through 1000's of qts, orders, and invoices.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yeah I guess it's hard to convey how powerful software is with static images or videos on a website. I can see how the demo would be more valuable. If you end up liking it I might have to check it out.

I hear ya about Signvox. I Like the guys there but we gave it a go a few years ago and quickly realized it wasn't for us. We're a smaller (but getting bigger) shop and it was just too clumsy and complicated for what we need.

At the moment we're using a customized solution that we're improving every day. Using a combination of QB desktop (online is a joke) Smartsheet for job tracking and production scheduling (room for improvement in this area) and editable PDFs for our job docket/forms.

We've come a LONG way from where we were 5 years ago but there's always room for improvement.

If I get a chance (sorry to hijack your thread) I'll post a thread about workflows/order processes. I'd love to share what we do and hear what everyone else is doing. You get so stuck in your ways it's always good hearing what other people are doing differently!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I think that's a great idea actually! I have my old spreadsheet form I built and tools I use to check pricing and etc.

My employees have given up on the ShopVox workflow as it was getting too cumbersome so we went back to hand written work orders and a station wall rack for each part of the shop. I'll take pics today. My hope is with CoreBridge we can go back to digital and I get everyone tablets or convertibles and then we can provide more transparency and control for our clients throughout the entire processes of their jobs.

CL Visual

I've been onboarding with shopvox for the past 6 weeks. We've done a lot to get it going and started off with the apparel quotes. We're seeing lots of things that aren't adding up. Shopvox thus far has no solution. If we have to go back and manually check every price, whats the point of going digital in the first place?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I've been onboarding with shopvox for the past 6 weeks. We've done a lot to get it going and started off with the apparel quotes. We're seeing lots of things that aren't adding up. Shopvox thus far has no solution. If we have to go back and manually check every price, whats the point of going digital in the first place?

This is a Jaded view:
It's like that, you will find nagging bugs that become more and more of a thorn. Don't get me wrong ShopVox is a great solution, but after nearly 4 years I started to feel abandoned... Then we started getting nothing but canned answers or we can't do that. I wanted to find everyway to make ShopVox work for my business but with employees who only partially use the system it's hard to ignore for us. Now I have to hire a person to download all of our data individually.

Bly

We went live with Corebridge on Friday and first impressions are good.
Trying to juggle a dozen jobs or more now seems to be achievable with less stress and without confusing printed emails everywhere.
I've never used a workflow solution like this before so can't really compare it to anything else.
While I'd love to think we can have a totally digital workflow I think we'll still print a job sheet and attach printed copies of the jobs for reference. Creating jpegs and uploading to Corebridge seem to take way longer than simply opening the pdfs and printing them.
I can definitely see time saving benefits already from the process of entering pricing at the job entry stage. Once a job has been marked as completed it automatically emails the invoice to the client.
Previously I'd let job sheets stack up until Saturday then tediously go through and make out each invoice so this should give me some of my weekends back.
I've enabled customer portals for everyone so they can see their jobs in progress, download old invoices also view and approve proofs.
Pricing can now be tailored to each client/job whilst seeing the margin on each product which will be a great tool to manage business profitability. We all have those customers who beat you down on price - now we can see just how low we can go and still maintain the desired margin.
Support has been great so far.
All in all I would recommend.
Still early days though.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We went live with Corebridge on Friday and first impressions are good.
Trying to juggle a dozen jobs or more now seems to be achievable with less stress and without confusing printed emails everywhere.
I've never used a workflow solution like this before so can't really compare it to anything else.
While I'd love to think we can have a totally digital workflow I think we'll still print a job sheet and attach printed copies of the jobs for reference. Creating jpegs and uploading to Corebridge seem to take way longer than simply opening the pdfs and printing them.
I can definitely see time saving benefits already from the process of entering pricing at the job entry stage. Once a job has been marked as completed it automatically emails the invoice to the client.
Previously I'd let job sheets stack up until Saturday then tediously go through and make out each invoice so this should give me some of my weekends back.
I've enabled customer portals for everyone so they can see their jobs in progress, download old invoices also view and approve proofs.
Pricing can now be tailored to each client/job whilst seeing the margin on each product which will be a great tool to manage business profitability. We all have those customers who beat you down on price - now we can see just how low we can go and still maintain the desired margin.
Support has been great so far.
All in all I would recommend.
Still early days though.
I'm trying to go live Friday, it's been alot of work setting up and understanding but it's a super powerful system, I think it will be hugely beneficial and hold my guys more accountable for their roles.

Bly

That's true. It was quite daunting and I spent a couple of months trying to get my head around it all before I felt ready. But like most software I think you learn fastest by just using it.
Their regular Q&A webinars are a great resource if you have any nagging issues or doubts.

TXFB.INS

how is the program working with y'all?

we have the NBM show this weekend and was going to try and visit with them.
are there any questions that you would suggest asking
How is the program working

Christian @ 2CT Media

Oh I would ask a million questions up front now that I know what I know at this point in the process. This transition has proven there is no perfect solution. Giving up 1 option because of shortcomings to one that seems better only comes with more shortcomings.

I would make sure that corebridge falls in line with your accounting practices, your production methods, and your pricing ideals.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I would make sure that corebridge falls in line with your accounting practices, your production methods, and your pricing ideals.

Care to share any specific frustrations with CoreBridge? Were you ever able to get pricing setup the way you need? Rate the setup procedure on a scale of 1-10, ten being the most difficult?

Thanks in advance.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would say setup is a 8-10, I'm still adjusting and changing things. Unfortunately Pricing isn't what I would like it to be, and the methodology is so different than what we are used to that it's taking a lot of time for my project manager and production staff to get the hang of it.
The one thing about shopvox that was nice was that "products" were so cohesive you could easily understand what the product took to make it. With corebridge everything is broken down and segmented into parts, each of those parts can have different machines and modifiers but at quick glance you can't understand exactly what you are trying to do. The other unfortunate thing is when we print in this industry almost always it is laminated, in order to track laminate usage it has to be a part, but in order to see and understand it better for production it should be a modifier.

TXFB.INS

as with all software / programs there are some adjustment periods and adjusting.

That being said, what is your gut telling you? was this a good move or do you keep looking for another solution?

Bigfootprints

I have used Printavo for about 5-6 years now. We use it strictly for the production calendar function. It does have a handy proofing function as well as you are able to send payment forms and print shipping labels. We do not use it as an invoicing system because there is alot that they do not track. I will say that they do take user feedback pretty seriously and are adding new options all of the time.

Its main use is for the screenprinting industry (which we are in as well) but it works great for keeping everything on an easy to use calendar which works well with a tablet while im out on the road.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
are there any questions that you would suggest asking

Because you are asking this question, my guess is you're not quite ready for the software. You're first step might be to ask yourself and your staff what you need a software solution to help you with.

Are you familiar with Excel? Do you want to consolidate and share separate spreadsheets in a more convenient manner? Could you use job tracking, logs of time sheets, purchase orders, suppliers, site surveys, etc.? Remote data access from phones and tablets? The list goes on.

I would look at the feature list from the various software providers and consider exactly how the solution might help me in those particular areas. Then I would try to learn exactly how the software provider could make that happen after I talked with their happy customers. More than once.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do I Think it was a good move, yes. Is there unforseen set backs, yes. Would I keep looking, Yes.

Our next evolution will probably to write our own software in house and make it work for us the exact way we function.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
The one thing about shopvox that was nice was that "products" were so cohesive you could easily understand what the product took to make it.

I believe this might be true for you now because you already have some history with Shopvox. Imagine a new hire with no sign industry experience. Although they might have worked for Boeing which uses the same methodology as Shopvox, I venture to say there might still be quite a learning curve for them.

With corebridge everything is broken down and segmented into parts, each of those parts can have different machines and modifiers but at quick glance you can't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

Yes. Grossly inefficient interface and I don't believe the interface designer is at fault. Maybe you suggest they readdress their "user experience."

The other unfortunate thing is when we print in this industry almost always it is laminated, in order to track laminate usage it has to be a part, but in order to see and understand it better for production it should be a modifier.

Seems they have you bamboozled by their terms. It may help to consider the components as just layers to make up the line item. For example; a layer of SAV, a layer of lam, a layer of substrate, a layer of edge trim, and possibly a layer of packaging material / time. All of those layers might be saved as a particular product especially if all same materials were used often in the same fashion. It might be saved something such as "Quick Print Special" where the only variables for this particular product would be the size, the quantity, and possibly double-sided next time. Who knows or who cares if any of these components are called parts or modifiers or wingdings? They are simply resources of materials, machines, or labor.

Did they ever suggest to you to create separate spreadsheets of your suppliers, materials, and products before attempting to enter "parts" and "modifiers"? If this exercise is successful, it paints a clear picture of what's necessary and then the same data can be uploaded (I would expect) to the appropriate database. These same spreadsheets are helpful to explain to new users what's happing behind the scenes of the web interface.

I hope this helps.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I believe this might be true for you now because you already have some history with Shopvox. Imagine a new hire with no sign industry experience. Although they might have worked for Boeing which uses the same methodology as Shopvox, I venture to say there might still be quite a learning curve for them.

Yes. Grossly inefficient interface and I don't believe the interface designer is at fault. Maybe you suggest they readdress their "user experience."

Seems they have you bamboozled by their terms. It may help to consider the components as just layers to make up the line item. For example; a layer of SAV, a layer of lam, a layer of substrate, a layer of edge trim, and possibly a layer of packaging material / time. All of those layers might be saved as a particular product especially if all same materials were used often in the same fashion. It might be saved something such as "Quick Print Special" where the only variables for this particular product would be the size, the quantity, and possibly double-sided next time. Who knows or who cares if any of these components are called parts or modifiers or wingdings? They are simply resources of materials, machines, or labor.

Did they ever suggest to you to create separate spreadsheets of your suppliers, materials, and products before attempting to enter "parts" and "modifiers"? If this exercise is successful, it paints a clear picture of what's necessary and then the same data can be uploaded (I would expect) to the appropriate database. These same spreadsheets are helpful to explain to new users what's happing behind the scenes of the web interface.

I hope this helps.
You are talking to a person who knows his costs to a penny. I'm highly analytical and know how and what I want to accomplish, the problem is making it easy for everyone else.

The biggest thing missing from corebridge that I'm finding in my company is a intelligent, intuitive communication of the product you are wanting your production team to make. I field more questions from them now than I ever have, the only solutions we have found in the system it to either add more work for the sales/pm team by adding a bunch of informational check boxes or lose the ability to track all aspects of your costs or provide discounts on layers/parts based on anything other than part qnty.