• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Have never done this before..............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have never fabricated window graphics to be mounted on the inside of the windows and still be totally visible from the outside. Have always used perf or regular vinyl and mounted to the outside. They said it is a one-step process. No putting the vinyl on and then a blue backer piece.

Here is a sample of what the customer wants.

Any insight would be most helpful and I hope when someone says what to do, I hit myself on the head and say..... oh, for crying out loud.................

The only thing I can think of is to print on clear in reverse, but I don't know how opaque it will look from outside as in the pictures.

:thankyou: Gino

inside window.jpg
window from outside.jpg

C

ColoPrinthead

Put the backer on before you go to the install so it looks like a one step process.

2B

is the "blue" vinyl?

* reverse plotter white vinyl, stick white to thin blue polystyrene.

* reverse plotter white vinyl, use blue vinyl as the "transfer tape" onto the white.
** make sure the "white" is the same size as the blue, so the blue "sticks" onto the backing paper of the white

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We won't be installing it. It's gonna be sent to a store about 4 hours away. Their local location will pick it up at our shop, then send it in one of their own carrier trucks.

OhioSigns

Signs365 has a product called Dualview. Have one side printed with the image and the other side printed with just the blue?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, how does that stuff stick to the window ?? You can't print on the adhesive, can you ??

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
So, how does that stuff stick to the window ?? You can't print on the adhesive, can you ??
No but it works like a double sided print. One is printed in reverse, with a blockout layer and then the forward facing print. I use the dualview decals from 365 for a mall that wants to have holiday hours listed for people coming in and leaving. We make new ones for them every year with the dual view. It's easy for them to install and they remove super easy without leaving adhesive.

jimbug72

Sample posted doesn't appear to be dual view. Could you print blue w/ reversed type on clear, laminate with white then laminate again with solid blue print? Would still be a 1 step process when they receive it, or am I missing something in the OP?

d fleming

I have done it for liquor stores to be in compliance with Tied House Rules. Print in reverse on clear, laminate white vinyl to top of clear. Liquor stores hated it because they had to move stock away from windows for application, but rules are rules. Interior mounting looked really good from outside though. Seems like they change every couple of years, sometimes we can go on outside as we normally would and then we get notified they have to change.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
As far as I can see, there is nothing double-sided or blockout involved. You can see blue looking out the window and the white lettering creates a blockout, but only at the letters. I called the guy and asked him to call his store location and give me some more details.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I might be under thinking this. Print white text reverse on clear, laminate the clear with blue vinyl? (So in theory print side is adhesive side but you’re really seeing the back).

I’m pretty sure the contravision brand has a roll of window perf that you can install on the inside and be viewed on the outside - plus you can still see out! Both options need white ink I believe, though.

Andy D

With your Annapurna, you can print color-white-color at the same time right?
I would think mirrored on clear; blue-white-grey would be the ticket.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I keep telling Santie Claus that, but I must've been a ba-a-a-a-a-a-d boy. I just can't figure it ?? :popcorn:

fresh

I might be under thinking this. Print white text reverse on clear, laminate the clear with blue vinyl? (So in theory print side is adhesive side but you’re really seeing the back).

Here I am thinking you're brilliant, then I realized that we don't have white ink. when we've done these before, I need the white vinyl.