• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heart stint tomorrow.

GypsyGraphics

while it's scary to have any heart issues... i know this procedure saves peoples lives! it's a blessing to find out you need a stint BEFORE having a heart attack.

many family member have had stints and felt much heather afterward, i hope it's the same for you.

i'll be praying for ya Steve... for a smooth procedure and a quick return home to enjoy the holiday weekend with family... and of course many happy years to follow!

xoxo -gg

AUTO-FX

Aaah, you'll be fine !!! They've done millions of them !!!
Here's to a speedy resolution to your ailments!!!

iSign

sharing the nervous energy for ya, to take some of the pressure off... looking forward to your report of the positive outcome!

RJ California

I hope all goes well. I'm sure you are a busy guy so look at this as a forced vacation. Rest, watch some DVD's... And don't answer the phone!

Dave Drane

Best of luck Steve, and I am sorry I didn't get to meet you when we stayed at Arlos.
Chin up and all will be good.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope everything goes well and we'll be seeing you around here in a few more hours............

Thinking of ya..........

Steve C.

Still in the hospital. Stint did not work so now looks like triple bypass on Tuesday. Probably be here for another week. Thanks for prayers and well wishes...

OldPaint

good thing is steve, they will fix the problem before you have a heart attack. this is the best case scenario. i had a heart cath done in may of 2009, in jackson miss VA. showed a 30-40% blockage left artery, but they wont stint till you have at least 50%. so they didnt do anything. dec 26, 2010, i had chest pains really bad. went to E.R. they wanted to keep me but i signed out. dec 27, i was at the VA, I DROVE THERE, with chest pains, they put me in an ambulance and sent me to hospital. the next day they did the cath, was told i might need a stint, but instead they found "the widowmaker" blockage, which i went directly to O.R. good thing like i said was I DIDNT HAVE THE IMPENDING HEART ATTACK. doctor was at bedside when i woke up and he was grinning ear to ear. said i was most unusual in that i suffered ZERO heart muscle damage thru the surgery. even now after the full blown heart attack april 17, i still have 20%or less damage. you will be good as new in a month. be glad they caught it, before it did any damage.

J

john1

I hope the best for you Steve and OP!

If i may ask, Did the doctors say a cause for blockages like eating too much red meat or something or did it just happen?

I'm getting into watching what i eat and it would be nice to know a heads up if i could help anything

surf city

Steve hope all goes well on Tuesday and also I hope the brisket is kickin' good on Monday. Thoughts and prayers goin' your way.

OldPaint

as for my 30-40% blockage i had, i was a vegetarian from 1992-2010. cardiologist and 2 other doctors told me 85% of the cholesterol created in the body comes from CARBS!!!!!
i went to a meat diet, about a year before i had the open heart and the heart attack 3 months later. but my cholesterol was lower after eating meat then when i did none. as to the "widowmaker", which is what i had, that happens more suddenly then other blockages. something in the body triggers the build up of plaque in the blood stream and it tends to block a 90 degree turn in the left artery. the survivalrate for people who have this is 10%!!!!!! this is the same thing that TIM RUSSERT died from. the 2nd by pass the did on me was the "left anterior descending artery." this one is located right on the heart and feeds the left ventricle. they didnt see this one tull they was in there fixing the "widowmaker." now this is the bad one. having this one blocked also is a short term happening, has nothing to do with food, or lifestyle. the left anterior blockage is the one that happens to people who eat right, exercise and one day they are walking along and hit the floor and are dead. the amount of people who have this and survive are 1%!!!!!
i was blessed/lucky/forunate to have the doctors find the 2nd one while fixing the more obvious one. the heart attack i had april 17, was a culmination of me NOT TAKING MY MED, as i was told to, getting upset, and since they just did the open heart 3 months earlier, the viens still had not opened completly from the sutures. all of it combined caused the heart to beat till it couldnt keep up. BAM!!!!!! i went down.
as for diet, i belive a higher vegetable/plant based food intake is better for your heart.
if you do meat, then fish, chicken turkey the leaner the better is your best choices. red meats...........should be treated like ICE CREAM))))) most doctor call it a heat attack in box. CARBS are where you get in trouble. there are SIMPLY CARBS, mainly white stuff, sugar,rice, flour, dairy, potatoes and fast food places, ESPECIALLY THOSE WONDERFUL FRECH FRIES!!!! COMPLEX CARBS ARE GREAT. but most wont or dont like them. Cruciferous vegetables contain ANTIOXIDANTS (BETA CAROTENE and the compound sulforaphane). These vegetables, which are all high in fiber, vitamins and minerals, are: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, chard, kale, mustard greens, rutabagas and turnips. EAT PLENTY OF THESE.

Cadmn

Steve the worst part I found was laying flat on back & not moving till U get ok from nurses (Hours)my last time in they did a renal angiogram on me, same basic procedure, I felt lots of pressyre but No real pain till my heart slowed to 30 BPM & then , doc yelled for .3 atripene & being I'm ex Paramedic I knew what was happening. oh well I'm back raising Heck as normal & know U will Be also. is it in the water U Arlo & Me supporting half the docs in the area?If U need anything call me!!! The Angiogram showed 100% clear arteries no buildups of any kind. ate red meat all my 50 years. there was a little vegan in the early years.