• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

heart warming act I saw this morning...

Marlene

I was in line at McDonald's this morning. in front of me were two Vt National Guardsmen talking about their up coming deployment to Afghanistan. the man in front of them who had all ready paid for his stuff pulled out his credit card and told the counter person that he was paying for the two soldiers' orders. when they thanked him, he just said, "no, thank you". it was one of those moments that just warms your heart and leaves you feeling good all day. I wanted to share this with all of you and hope that it does the same for you.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I was in a Mexican restaurant here recently and saw a soldier eating his meal. I went up to the counter and said I'd like to pay his ticket. The manager asked if he could inform the soldier I was the one who paid it. I said no. When he got up and went to the counter I heard him ask who paid for him. The manager said they wanted to remain anonymous. The guy stopped at the door and looked around at everyone in the restaurant before leaving. I felt good knowing he thought it could have been anyone in there who paid for his meal. I'm always on the lookout for another chance to do the same again.

Shovelhead

I was in a Mexican restaurant here recently and saw a soldier eating his meal. I went up to the counter and said I'd like to pay his ticket. The manager asked if he could inform the soldier I was the one who paid it. I said no. When he got up and went to the counter I heard him ask who paid for him. The manager said they wanted to remain anonymous. The guy stopped at the door and looked around at everyone in the restaurant before leaving. I felt good knowing he thought it could have been anyone in there who paid for his meal. I'm always on the lookout for another chance to do the same again.

I'd go that route myself......:cool1:

Chad.

3 days ago, my wife and i were in target ...

In front of us in the checkout line, was a mother with her daughter (4 years old maybe) sitting in the shopping cart. She was by far the best mannered little girl store wide. She was latching on to a Dora the explorer book bag and was so excited to be getting it. As we were standing behind them, i took casual notice that the cart had mainly essentials ... (food, TP, etc ...)

Well they get up to the cashier, and their goods are totaled, including the book bag, and the mother comes to discover that she doesn't have enough money to pay for everything, and tells the little girl that she has to leave the book bag here, and they would come back and get it later ... this poor little girl, who has just been phenomenal, occupying herself, playing with this bag, is CRUSHED ... her poor face dropped, and her eyes glassed over, and one tear fell from her eye, but not once did she throw a tantrum, scream, or "cry" like most kids would do ...

So as my wife and i witness this, we are just smitten by this little girl and the way she handled the situation, as soon as we get to the cashier, i immediate tell her to ring the back pack up, and of course she is like "what ? are you sure ? ... that's so amazing" ... i hand it to my wife, and she walks up to the little girl and the mom, hands the back pack to the little girl, and wishes them a merry christmas ... The smile on that little girls face will truly shine brighter in my mind this year than any christmas lights ... that is for sure.

JR's

Thanks Marlene, you really made my morning.
And thanks everyone else for the stories.

JR

Jillbeans

I love to witness random acts of kindness, even better when they are secret little ones.
Thanks for the nice stories!
Love....Jill

OneUpTenn

I was dropping my kids off at school one morning and I noticed a Dad and his son were not in the car line but were walking up to the school door. I stuck around a bit and watched the man walk quite a ways to a car that had been obviously broken down or out of gas, not sure which. It broke my heart for some reason. The car was old and the boy and the Dad both seemed quite happy under the circumstances.

I asked the man if he needed to use my phone and he just said no thank you my wife is coming to get me. I handed him $40. He asked if he could have my name and he would pay me back when he got his job back. I of course said no, just maybe you could help someone else then.

It really made me feel good inside doing that, but what really tore me up was when I looked in the back seat and my daughter was tearing up and said "Mom that was so nice."

Anyway, Don't forget the Angel Trees this year, more than ever they will need it.

Marlene

it is so nice to read these stories. the news has been full of horrid things that break your heart like the recent senseless killings of the four officers in Washington and it is good to renew ourselves from time to time with the fact that people really are good at heart. the little girl and the backpack story as well as the other stories has also made me feel so happy. the thing that I love the most about being human is the way we can get such joy from seeing or hearing about the nice things done for others.

Deaton Design

What big hearts you guys have. Im proud to know you. Sometimes we lose sight of the good things that happen every day around us. You guys just reminded us. Thanks...

thewood

3 days ago, my wife and i were in target ...

In front of us in the checkout line, was a mother with her daughter (4 years old maybe) sitting in the shopping cart. She was by far the best mannered little girl store wide. She was latching on to a Dora the explorer book bag and was so excited to be getting it. As we were standing behind them, i took casual notice that the cart had mainly essentials ... (food, TP, etc ...)

Well they get up to the cashier, and their goods are totaled, including the book bag, and the mother comes to discover that she doesn't have enough money to pay for everything, and tells the little girl that she has to leave the book bag here, and they would come back and get it later ... this poor little girl, who has just been phenomenal, occupying herself, playing with this bag, is CRUSHED ... her poor face dropped, and her eyes glassed over, and one tear fell from her eye, but not once did she throw a tantrum, scream, or "cry" like most kids would do ...

So as my wife and i witness this, we are just smitten by this little girl and the way she handled the situation, as soon as we get to the cashier, i immediate tell her to ring the back pack up, and of course she is like "what ? are you sure ? ... that's so amazing" ... i hand it to my wife, and she walks up to the little girl and the mom, hands the back pack to the little girl, and wishes them a merry christmas ... The smile on that little girls face will truly shine brighter in my mind this year than any christmas lights ... that is for sure.

I don't know why, but I just teared up reading that.:U Rock:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does it count if I buy the bar a drink ??

How 'bout if I remained anonymous ?? It could happen....... :tongue:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Does it count if I buy the bar a drink ??

How 'bout if I remained anonymous ?? It could happen....... :tongue:

Reminds me of once when I was young and went into a bar after just cashing my paycheck. I drank a few beers on an empty stomach and then ordered a round for the house. Cost me all but about five bucks of what I had in my pocket. Never have done that again... but the buzz and all the new found friends was somehow worth it.

copythat

This Forum Rocks

First it was someone that needed help for the poor baby in Fl...I joined the amber alert system cause of that. Then it was the guy who posted about he can't stop crying..referencing our soldiers sneaking back to their families & now this

Glad to be a part of this forum!!!!! :thankyou: