• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from The Equipment Guy

The Equipment Guy

Lol, Baca and Baz...you guys will have to let me in on who you are, I don't recognize you by your Screen names. I recently saw some old pics of Harry Koffman from the late 70's or 80's, back when Doug Bernhardt worked for him...looked like quite the bunch of hippies!
I still remember the floor at Koffman Signs with fond memories, not only did it look like the biggest One Shot color chart in the world, but all you had to do to pass anything downstairs was to drop it through the cracks in the floor. Is that building still standing?

And yes, thats me at the Timmies...in my "other" life I play at being a bike mechanic...although there's not much time available for that these days!

Craig

Last edited:

Baz

I recently saw some old pics of Harry Koffman from the late 70's or 80's, back when Doug Bernhardt worked for him...looked like quite the bunch of hippies!
I still remember the floor at Koffman Signs with fond memories, not only did it look like the biggest One Shot color chart in the world, but all you had to do to pass anything downstairs was to drop it through the cracks in the floor. Is that building still standing?Craig

My name is Sylvain. I don't know if you would remember me by name but for sure if we met you would remember me. Man i'd love to see those pics! Harry was the best boss i ever worked for! That building is still standing but it has been bought a couple of years ago after Harry passed away. Marc took over ownership of the shop and has moved to the Merivale/Hunt Club area. The floor in that building was definately a work of art!!

The Equipment Guy

Lol, no Tony, I have never sold on "Craigs" list...I wish that was mine, lol. I worked for ND Graphics (not far from you) and sold probably close to 500-600 Edges during my career there. I might have sold yours at one time if it was bought locally.

Craig

gabagoo

:corndog:Welcomne Craig, good to have you aboard. Good speaking to you this afternoon and thanks for the help

:U Rock::Welcome::Canada 2::corndog:

Jon Aston

Welcome Craig...

and I kinda like to think Jon likes the admins...

Are you kidding? I love you people!

==========================================================

Welcome Craig. Glad (though not surprised) to see you fitting in so nicely. And thanks for the plug. :)

==========================================================

Billct2

Welcome...
I have a question for possible future consideration...
Do you sell to the States? And if so what is involved in shipping/customs/tariffs etc ,especially on used equipment?

The Equipment Guy

Wow, thats not an easy answer...

Yes I have shipped to the US. There are no obstacles that are insurmountable. Tariffs/duty is the main issue (if there is any) as equipment manufactured in different countries can have different duties. This is in theory, for the most part, used equipment causes very little problems.

There are brokerage fees, I have found that these vary from $75 to about $300 in anything I have done.

Shipping of course depends on the size of the equipment.

I am working with a leasing company that has offices in both Canada and the US, so that is a benefit as well.

I would be pleased to see what I can do when the time comes for you to consider something new. I am pretty tenacious about finding a way to make things work.

Thanks,

Craig