• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hello members

Andy Hobbs

I've never posted a video online so here goes,

this one was cut off early ,sorry about that but.. I gotta say, he did a good job of following the rocket as much as he did considering how much speed it was gaining every second !keep in mind that this is a 17' tall rocket.

Bradster,
yes there is a sonic boom created but no you won't hear the 'sonic boom" because the rocket is traveling vertically( rather than like a fighter jet traveling horizontaly across the sky) the mach soundwave and presure are radiating outward from the the rocket as it streaks upward. you would have to be positioned way "above" the rocket, mabey in a helicopter or plane to hear or feel it.

heres a still pic ,, Thats a 25'-30' flame ! so mabey many of the members here ,can undestand the draw to this "hobby",, (lifestyle)

whats killer is ,you do experience the initial crack ,bright flames and resulting smoke cloud at the moment of launch, on a high speed rocket.. that gets my heart pounding ,excitement going , and a big part of what the hobby is all about .it's like a rush

crank up the volume to get an idea what a HP launch is like. you can feel thew power up thru your legs into your body as it runs thru the ground!
I promise I'll post some other stuff , enough already about this one. heh

Last edited:

Andy Hobbs

I've added my avatar , don't want to get lost in the shuffle.

I hope I can swing a gerber down the road.. it fits my needs to a T

Bulldog1929

Hi from SE Ohio:Welcome: Good to have you aboard:wink:
Man, that's some awesome hobby that you have, Andy. Usually when someone says they're into rockets, you think of the little guys that go up a few feet and fizzle out- 1950's style. LOL
Anyway, hang around and enjoy the company, you'll learn a lot. And, the folks here are very friendly and enjoy helping others.

Mike

Sign_Boy

Man that's some cool stuff.

I'd agree hook up with a shop they might even sponsor you. I'd like to see my logo in space.:biggrin:

petepaz

my grandma what a big rocket you have
welcome and good luck
same as everyone else if you are going to continue on your own go gerber edge
i wish i could print white also

Cadmn

Andy Many hobbiests go with an Alps brand printer they do good stuff but are no longer available new as I understand it big group of alps guys on yahoo, wish I had md5000 very cost effective for hobby stuff

Andy Hobbs

(Well I had to change my avatar ,, it was causing too much anxiety and stress for some of the members. although I don't see how it broke any forum guidelines..but I will comply and I sincerely wish a speedy recovery to those who were adversly effected by it)

I wish I had gotten into the alps situation but the supplys are limited ..it's a dying breed..