• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP e074err Y Current

Graphicdetailsinc

We have a mutoh falcon outdoor and this morning after setting the machinge to print overnight we came in and the machine had e074err Y Current displayed and all the lights were blinking. We powered down the machine re started it and got plot ok. Now when i send a job within about 10 to 12 passes, about 2 inches of print it freezez up and gives this error.

ANY IDEAS??

We also got a ymotor error once too.

randya

this is a y motor error.

Could be the motor, belt, belt tension or encoder.

Take a clean room wiper and some denatured alcohol and carefully clean the encoder strip at the top of the rail. Sometimes, ink and or dust will make it difficult for the carriage to know its location

It is what looks like a clear strip of plastic on top of the y rail, under the top cover, you dont need to remove the top to get to it.
It actually has on it a bunch of virtical lines that tell the carriage where it is at, at all times.

Graphicdetailsinc

e066 ymotor

ok i Cleaned the encoder strip and then went to do a cut off with themachine to start a fresh pass, and it did the first cut then all the lights cam on and i got a e066 Ymotor error and it didnt finish cutting...

Graphics2u

I had this exact same thing happen on my Junior a couple years ago. What happened to mine was the pulley on the Y motor had come loose(they are glued on). How I finally figured it out was that every time it would do that i could hear a slight rev up in the motor then it would give me the error. The shaft was slipping in the pulley. I was told you have to buy a complete motor assembly but I took my motor off and used the best loctite I could by and glued it back on and it worked great. Make sure if that isyour problem that the pulley goes on in the exact same location on the shaft.

randya

66 is just a y motor error, where 74 is y overcurrent error.

Still could be the motor, belt, belt tension or encoder.

No way to tell from here which.

check for binding, and check what Graphics2U posted as well.

Graphicdetailsinc

Checked out what graphics2u said, doesnt seem like there is any tension problems, and i dont notice any slipping....or hear any noises that would be of any concern.

How would i go about testing the overcurrent error or test to see if the motor is bad??

Everything seems to be fine till it just stops...

randya

Checked out what graphics2u said, doesnt seem like there is any tension problems, and i dont notice any slipping....or hear any noises that would be of any concern.

How would i go about testing the overcurrent error or test to see if the motor is bad??

Everything seems to be fine till it just stops...

If it stops at the same area everytime, it could still be the timing fence (the clear encoder on top), could also be the encoder sensor.

I dont know of a real way to check the motor, when you seem to be getting random errors. It is a servo motor, though.

You could run life cycle test in maintenance mode if you find get a manual.

Graphicdetailsinc

After messing around for a while, it turns out that graphics2u was right.

I used some channel locks to hold the rod from the motor still and then moved the print head side to side, and with minor resistance the spool and the belt turned together without turning the motor, so it is seperated.

I am in the process of adhering the 2 pieces back together in hopes of not having to buy a new motor.

Thanks for all the quick reply's and all the great advice!

Graphics2u

After messing around for a while, it turns out that graphics2u was right.

I used some channel locks to hold the rod from the motor still and then moved the print head side to side, and with minor resistance the spool and the belt turned together without turning the motor, so it is seperated.

I am in the process of adhering the 2 pieces back together in hopes of not having to buy a new motor.

Thanks for all the quick reply's and all the great advice!

Great! Hope you get it fixed. Just use some good loctite and let it dry overnight. Did you get the manual ok? It will tell you how to tension the steel belt when you are done.

Graphicdetailsinc

yeah, we got the manual. Everything is up and running again. We accidently pinched the wire that goes to the lid open/closed sensor when re-assembling the motor, and the machine wouldnt even boot. We happen to be next door to an electronics repair shop, who made us a jumper connection to plug directly onto the mother board to just bypass this sensor all together since the wires got damaged. so now we can print with the lid open! We had a zip tie around the sensor before, to bypass it, but since the wire got damaged we had to bypass it on the board instead.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Graphics2u

Could you please tell me how to do this ?

TY

Well It calls for a special tool to measure the tension which I did not have but what you want to make sure of is the 2 screws that adjust the roller or pulley on the left end of printer are moved at the same rate. Count the number of turns of the screwdriver to be sure the belt will run evenly. Then tension should fairly tight but not too tight or you risk breaking the steel belt. I don't think that is all that critical as long as it does not slip. Then roll the print head back and forth several times and watch the steel belt on that pulley to make sure it doesn't run off the pulley. A slight movement up and down is alright but if it keeps working it's way one direction or the other adjust either the top or bottom screw in or out depending on which way you want the belt to move. It's kind of trial and error on that part. Then I actually printed a little with the covers off and made sure the belt was staying on the pulley. Hope that helps.

jiarby

I am getting E074 CR2 Current

:-(

Update:
Ended up being a bent clip that keeps the print head over the capping station.
How it got bent is a mystery!

Attachments

• E074-CR2-Current.JPG
    E074-CR2-Current.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 669
Last edited: