• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help, mutoh 1604 cmk banding

elitetech

I have had bandig issue for the last 2 month and have been doing my res
PHP:
earch and time ran out. I have a big van to wrap and the whole background is green, to my luck, banding is most visable with green. I don't know why my yellow prints solid, megenta is ok , but black and cyan have visable white vertical banding.
Ii have can't postponed the project no longer, my client gave me till this weekend, but I can buy a day or two, help any one

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might not be able to help but with more information there's a better chance of finding the problem.
What does the nozzle check look like, can you post a photo of the latest one here?
What Rip software are you using?
What material are you printing on (have you printed it without issues before)?
What icc profile are you using for the material?
What quality settings are you using?
How old is the printer?
How much use do you have on the head and capping station?
What kind of maintenance do you perform each week?

wayne k
guam usa

elitetech

banding

I am at 90% nozzel, I have few lines missing and but prints great quality.
I have printed on all quality setting with most of the profiles, withoutany change
I have also played with the heat with no luck
Maintenance station is new, print head is 1 yr old,the black dampers are new
I have tried on wide range of materials with same issue
I have rested the head with cleaning solutions, and cleaned the cap area.
I use flexi,
I had a semi head crash few month back, I tried to print on magnetic vinyl on low head. I don't know if that did something to the alignment.

I bought the printer used from dealer about 6 month ago, but was all parts were checked and in good condition.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sounds like you have most of the bases covered.
In your reply you say that it prints great quality but that you see the same issue on any material you print? Has it printed this way from the time you bought it?
Can you post up that nozzle check and a sample of the banding issue?
If changing quality settings and profiles & type of material is not having any effect I would think the head may be the issue.

Lets see some samples

wayne k
guam usa

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Since you said that you have had a head strike on magnetic material you could have either damaged the nozzle plate or the head isn't in there level any more. Normally what you are describing is caused because the head is not in the carriage level. Check and make sure that it is. Black and Cyan print from the left hand side of the head and magenta and Yellow from the right. I have a feeling that the left hand side is too high.

elitetech

here are the pics.

SInce i didnt have mm ruler to do pf adjustment, i converted inches to mm and was on dot.

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 108
  • megenta.jpg
    megenta.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 103
  • cyan.jpg
    cyan.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 94

HaroldDesign

That looks like gloss scrim banner, for which ink limits and heat settings can play a large roll in getting a nice print. How does it look on matte pressure sensitive vinyl or something else that has printed well?

elitetech

i used alot of my good vinyl, testing out the print, so I am doing my test prints on banner vinyl. I was printing on 3m car wrap vinyl and it showed up even more.

HaroldDesign

Gloss vinyls can be tricky with heat settings. Try going opposite extremes with high & low heat, and see if one tends to look better. Are you using a generic profile for different medias? That will leave you having a hard time.

HaroldDesign

I am using preloaded profiles, 3m, avery, oracle and few other.
Canned profiles rarely work well. You may need to at least adjust the ink limits for the various medias. Have you had much success with the print outcomes in the past, and something changed? Or has this been an ongoing problem?

elitetech

The heat setting is not doing anything,

Also, my problem started after my semi head collision, do you think the banding has anything to do with that?

HaroldDesign

Is changing the heat not affecting it, or is the heat simply not changing at all?
I'm sure a head collision does not help anything at all. It simply looks like there are ink limit and/or heat issues making it worse, but perhaps that is not the case at all.
Missing some nozzles may not show at all on certain images, but can look a mess printing solids. Provided other things check out and your pf adjust is good, you're going to have to get those nozzles back if it only looks good depending upon the image you're running.

elitetech

Here is a pic of what i just printed. I must have the printer working for tomorrow. Gurrrr...

Attachments

• IMAG0367.jpg
    IMAG0367.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 93