• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help - print a little too dark

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Anyone run into this before?
In the attached photos the yellow and black signs are supposed to both be yellow. One is a copy of the other.
I ganged a bunch of small decals into a single file in Illy(CS5) and exported them out to Flexi(8.6) as an ai file to print on my vj1304.
In the one that printed black it looks like it just dumped black channel at 100% in place of the yellow. It was so heavy it pooled and made a nice snakeskin texture.
I'm thinking RIP or AI export error but don't know.
The graphics above and below in line with the error printed correctly so it would seem that the issue was not with the printer.
The colors in all the decals are pantone spot colors and the yellow has no black in it (m16 y100).
I re-saved the file out with just the 2 emergency stop decals and it printed both correctly.
Have not seen this error before - any ideas?

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• wth-1.jpg
    wth-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 129
  • wth-2.jpg
    wth-2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 136

step one signs

hey bud, I also have the vj1304 and have got some weird stuff that happens for no reason.
when this happens I usually will just copy the file and paste it into a new document and resave under a different name. Also I use cs5 as well, so sometimes when you save a document in the end in a pop up box it will ask you to save for pdf compatability, this seems to work as well. But when I get real stumped, I open the ai up in photoshop and save as a psd. If then there you are still getting bad results, kick the printer.
Good Luck!

thewood

The only thing that comes to mind is that you had the "Use Printer Spot Colors" option checked in the Advanced Options tab in the RIP dialog, and the RIP mapped your spot color yellow as black.

I don't even know if the Flexi RIP has that option for your printer. That also wouldn't explain why the red and yellow printed properly on the other designs. Just a thought.

Anyone run into this before?
In the attached photos the yellow and black signs are supposed to both be yellow. One is a copy of the other.
I ganged a bunch of small decals into a single file in Illy(CS5) and exported them out to Flexi(8.6) as an ai file to print on my vj1304.
In the one that printed black it looks like it just dumped black channel at 100% in place of the yellow. It was so heavy it pooled and made a nice snakeskin texture.
I'm thinking RIP or AI export error but don't know.
The graphics above and below in line with the error printed correctly so it would seem that the issue was not with the printer.
The colors in all the decals are pantone spot colors and the yellow has no black in it (m16 y100).
I re-saved the file out with just the 2 emergency stop decals and it printed both correctly.
Have not seen this error before - any ideas?

wayne k
guam usa

First off. If your going to transfer a file from illy to flexi you should put it in .eps format. Sometimes flexi has trouble reading the .ai files correctly.