• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help w vinyl cutting

twocents

I only have the manual that comes with the CD. I have managed to be able to get the sizes correct and cut shapes and freehand letters. I can not get it to cut text though. Man my head is spinning

twocents

This is what shows when I import a vector image from the CD

Attachments

• vector1.jpg
    vector1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78

twocents

When I click the black area I can see the image but as soon as I let go it turns black again.

Attachments

• vector22.jpg
    vector22.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 83

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
When I click the black area I can see the image but as soon as I let go it turns black again.

you need to learn how to make compound vectors and learn how order of objects affects an item.

You need a tutorial or 4. Learn the basics of corel, it will save you from asking about that issue right there.

twocents

OK I got this thing cutting, It cut text a few times than I couldnt get it to anymore. I could only cut freehand which worked fine with coreldrawx5. Now I cant get it to do anything again, it's like I am going backwards here. Going nuts and ready to break this thing. I uninstalled everything because I kept getting errors: USB currently in use, wait 10 secs and try again code=1004 when i try to open the controller. Or when I send it from corel I get the error now outputting a job please wait to send the next job until the current job is completed. When I reinstalled it the same errors come up. Just about sick with this now.

GRAPHTEC

#1 you should call Graphtec tech support, they get you up and running really fast- they wont teach you everything about your plotter but they will mention the basics. My best advise is to forget about cutting from the RM software and the controller- since you have corel Draw Graphtec has a plug in software called Cutting Master 2- you can downld it from their site and its free:
www.graphtecamerica.com/support
this software will allow you to cut directly out of Corel Draw.

Tel

I honestly think the problem hear is operator errors, no offence meant but do you understand the difference between a vector and Bitmap images, if your cutter as you say appears to be looking for registration marks that's because it's being told there is a print on the vinyl with registration marks and usually this would have a contour line around it which is cut leaving one with a sticker.
vectors are mathematical if you stretch a vector it gets bigger with no distortion but a bitmap will pixellate, plotters only cut vectors, you need to learn more I think it's difficult through this medium if you could find someone to sit down with you and the machine even at a price I think it would be worth it if it gets your business up and running.