• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with logo

Jillbeans

That'll be $22.95 please.
Either that or send me a Snuggie.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 246

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Can someone help me designs a neat simple logo? company name is 413 signs & Designs. thanks

The following is quoted from the description for this forum. The members here generally will bend over backwards to help someone who has first tried to develop their own ideas and post what they've done so far.

Logo Design Post logo designs for objective critique by members. It is highly recommended that you post what you have done already. Asking for ideas without first making your own effort will not get you as many replies.

Raulrdz

Okay, I feel sorry for the poor guy or gal...here is a freebie...

413:)

Simple yet stylish, easy to cut, print or embroider.

dortonracing

Okay, I feel sorry for the poor guy or gal...here is a freebie...

413:)

Simple yet stylish, easy to cut, print or embroider.

Hey i like it simple yet easy lol... Hey guys sorry if i have pissed you all off, wasn't trying to at all, Just order my new printer so going to be completely new with that part of it, I had had a plotter for a couple years now and have gotten the money to upsize finally.

QualitySigns

You guys sound like a bunch of high school kids. Just inform the guy of the rules and move on. This whole post is a waste of good cyberspace.

iSign

You guys sound like a bunch of high school kids. Just inform the guy of the rules and move on. This whole post is a waste of good cyberspace.
true, but...

it's not exactly a rule... it's common sense, and common courtesy.. which is rarely gained simply through "informing" ...indoctrinating maybe... or inflammatory initiations!!! yeah, that's the ticket!

Doyle

Just a little fun. lighten up a little. Nobody is threatening to steal his lunch money or anything. Now he will know better than to ask for help without putting in his own effort first. :peace!:

Mikeifg

WOW this sounds like all my customers.. Do you think they are one of them in disquise. If you can't design your own then how will you design something for a customer.........

Doyle

pleeease tell me that you are kidding...... if not, just go with the one on the bottom left and call it good.

Jillbeans

In my opinion, red and black are not good together as there as not enough contrast.
Try making your lettering white.
And using different fonts.
And buying Mike Stevens' Mastering Layout from Amazon or thru SignCraft.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Before this gets out of hand, most people here have no college or apprentice training in logo and graphic design... they ask you to put something up and you gave it to them.

You want to learn but we need to know more about you... do you have ANY training or experience in graphic design?

Have you at least done some research on this business or googled logo design?

My first suggestion is: Google "logo design process" Most people here do not follow this process so you will already be one up on quite a few people here.

Start the process.. the thing I want to see is what logos do you like? Have you at least looked at logos that you are attracted to? 99% of the people on this site (and most designers in general) will admit designing for yourself is the most difficult. I don't have that problem myself. I have a little trick... if I designed for the fat, unkept slob that I am, the work would be depressing, no, I design for the Grand Poobah of the lodge, the Guru of Graphic Purity... King Chicken Wing! I get ideas up the wazoo if I think of myself as someone else... try it, it works.

One thing, if your mind frame is "This is not rocket science". Stop wasting peoples time, you will be gone in a few days to a few weeks like many others who have stopped by. If you want to put that printer to work, listen to people who are passionate about it.

I can't say much about your logos because I don't know what your thought process was. One technical thing that most will bring up is never use red on black the way you did, this is generally a true statement... there is a little rule breaking allowed but that is generally done when you know the rules. If you want, I can post books and sites that may help... your gonna have to ask... as you can tell, I have helped a few people before. 11 years of being online only a few did the work needed to learn so my new policy may change to having to at least do something for it.

Last edited:

Dan Antonelli

He's clearly not serious with that effort.
If he was, there'd be a black drop shadow on that red lettering.... Duh....
Me thinks he's pulling our legs...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
And remember, Dan Antonelli knows nothing about logo design and is the least passionate person I know...

at least from what I can tell from his books and articles about the subject... :Big Laugh

Doyle

I have a little trick... if I designed for the fat, unkept slob that I am, the work would be depressing, no, I design for the Grand Poobah of the lodge, the Guru of Graphic Purity... King Chicken Wing! I get ideas up the wazoo if I think of myself as someone else... try it, it works.

This sounds interesting..... I will have to try it.