• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!

stice

My falcon outdoor Jr while printing just stoped printing black. Changed to a new ink cart. and still no black. Cleaned with the cleaning carts, refilled with ink and no black. SW has my account on hold for some bogus crap and will not help with the problem. When printing does the head need to go as far left as it does when cleaning? I tried the adjust home function but still nothing, the head does not go as far to the left while printing as it does while cleaning. This printer was new in late sept, and I havent used it alot, but I make sure to clean it everyday or print the cmyk squares to keep everything going.

Jackpine

I assume you have done noozle checks and printed the cmyk squares. What was the results? Maybe you should do a cleaning and if that doesn't work a powerful cleaning. Then, call Gregory. They sell and service Mutoh and may be able to help you. Keep us informed.
Gerry

stice

printing no black. It will print the other colors (cmy). I have done regular cleanings and powerfull cleanings. I read somewhere to put a capfull of cleaning solvent on the pads and then do a cleaning. I havent tried that yet. I see black ink on the side of the print head, can I use a lint free cloth and wipe that off or should it come off while cleaning. I'm at a loss for what to try next.

stice

forgot to mention. I tried to print a 30 x 10 square of 100% black and as it started out it printed some black (with white lines throughout) but then nothing. Over 3/4 of the print was blank.

Jackpine

Use the foam tipped swabs and cleaning solvent or 91% denatured alcohol to clean the outside edge of the printheads. Yes, you can put a little cleaning fluid or 91% denatured alcohol in the capping stations and let the heads soak. If that doesn't work, I would call a dealer for some tech help. Your printer is still in the warrentee period. I use Gregory no that SignPile.com (SSK) doesn't sell Mutoh anymore.

AzSignMagic

Before getting a new head you may want to change the black damper, alot cheaper than a head and may fix your problem, I had the same problem before and the damper did the trick, it had a microscopic hole in it and was making the ink line loose its prime.

stice

Going into the waste bottle there are two small lines and one big line. While cleaning the two small lines have ink coming through but the big one does not. It's still under warranty but SW has my account locked because they say I owe them money for products ordered in sept. but just now brought it up, I have always ordered with my credit card but have no records of the purchase, and I honestly dont remember the order. They told me that if the product is out of stock they wait until it ships to charge. Anyway its a big mess, and now I have a unusable printer.

creative

Hi all I am in Phoenix, we have a falcon jr too, check for leaks on the black ink line, use a small tubing and suck the ink out slowly if you feel air comming out with then replace the o-rings, take one out and go to checkers, they have the o-rings behind the counter.

Regards

Techman

SW has my account on hold for some bogus crap and will not help with the problem

Do they carry you as a net 30 day deal? Did they ever extend you credit?
Have you ordered from them since that time?
I find it very strange that a company would refuse to handle a warranty deal over a bill. If that is true then that would jsut about cure me from ever buying anything from them. Ever.

Compilla

I would check first the amount of ink in the Black cartridge.

If you already prime the Black head with a syringe and nothing comes through

The answer will probably be a new maintenance station.

stice

SW has always made me pay beforehand (credit card). I have called them again to try to handle the issue. Ron from SW called this morning and he was very helpfull and said he would do whatever it took to fix the problem. I have never had any problems with SW.

stice

Talked to SW and they have fixed the bill problem. Ron is working with me on getting the printer going.

creative

I'd found a setting, it may or may not work for you.

As follow: Start printer as normal, depress menu then menu again until you see utility, then menu again until you see CMY=BK YES or NO select NO and you're set.
print the test print shift+test print keys

regards.

stice

As the print head moves to the left it bends the ink line going to the head just a very little bit, and over time it has caused the black one to break. A couple of the others look to be on their way to doing the same thing.

Bradster941

As the print head moves to the left it bends the ink line going to the head just a very little bit, and over time it has caused the black one to break. A couple of the others look to be on their way to doing the same thing.

I think Flame Master had this same problem.

You might PM him, he could probably tell you how to take care of it yourself. :wink: