• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's how I spent my weekend... building vinyl racks.

CentralSigns

Everyone will be lost. There will be no Peace, Harmony, Enlightenment and Balance in this world. That will set it up for disaster in 2012. But we'll still have beauty, so not all is lost.

iSign

i'll be holding a "meditation & enlightenment" session after hours
join me in the lotus position on the work table won't you
:eek:ooommmm:

ummm... OK!
meditate.gif

VinylLabs.com

HA! I built a rack about 10 years ago when i was working at my aunts shop, I made it all wrong, this would have been a much better setup.

my setup involved plywood sticking out perpenducular to the floor, and instead of cutting out the grooves, I hammered in 2x4's to rest the metal bars on.

horrible failure. I'll build my next rack at home like this! thanks guys!

iSign

You have no idea how funny the timing is for this suggestion! I'm so tempted to show you a pic of something i got caught with last night... a purchase i couldn't justify and probably one that only a plumber would buy... but i couldn't resist! It's just too freak'n funny to be buried in this thread though. With your sink suggestion... this story is worthy of it's own thread! Vindication Is Mine... stay tuned!

oh, I get it now... the infamous "O-Ring" thread :smile:
...so, did ya go for the bar sink yet?

GypsyGraphics

no i never did :(
but i do want to add a bar (not that kind of bar) under the bottom roll over the workbench... maybe thin metal through a hard plastic tube... to act as a roller. i mask and laminate small stuff right there been meaning to do that for a while now.

phototec

here is the EPS for cutting these out of a 4x8 sheet. We used 3/4" Plywood

http://www.optimacreations.com/Filez/vinylraxk.eps

I was too cheap to buy the end caps... The cheapest ones I could find were 54¢ each and I needed almost 100pcs. I didn't want to spend $50 on them. So far it has been fine with just the PVC.

jiarby, are you giving everyone permission to use your eps design for your vinyl storage rack?

If so, I would like to use it, I'm going to modify it a little, I have been sketching a double sided version ever since last July when GG posted her weekend project.

My goal is to make my rack out of one sheet of 3/4" thick furniture grade birch plywood and put four 3" locking casters on the bottom. Just wanted to get your OK to proceed. If not, I can just redraw very similar slots in my end panels.

:thankyou:

mikey-Oh

You should incorporate those sweet obtuse shape's t3 showed us earlier today. Seemed genius to lock big rolls into a rack....

phototec

You should incorporate those sweet obtuse shape's t3 showed us earlier today. Seemed genius to lock big rolls into a rack....

Nope, I'm just making my own design, goal one sheet 3/4' plywood, 4 Harbor Freight casters, 7 pieces of 1-1/4" gray sch 80 PVC pipe 10' long, cut in half to make 14 rods.

Just about got all the details drawn up.

:thumb:

phototec

knock yourself out... I get 10% if you sell any!

I was not able to use your design, two things, I'm using 1-1/4" gray sch 80 PVC pipe for my rods, so my slots are going to be 1-1/2" dia, yours were 2", and my rack is sloping at 86°, not 90° like yours, so I didn't use yours, started from scratch making my own CAD drawing.

Thanks anyway.

:wavingflag:

ldo

Wow! I'm a total newbie looking for inspiration to clean up the boss' shop. I couldn't have imagined anything this gorgeous! Looks like a boutique. Thanks for sharing!:U Rock:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
@GypsyGraphics in one of your shop photos there is a router table setup. Do you mind sharing what brand/model the table and router is and where you purchased it?

I'm looking at buying a new table and router this weekend.

skyhigh

Great vinyl rack....tools.....good cook (so you say)
Have a 4x4 pickup too????

The perfect woman is so hard to find.