• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi Everyone!

Bigdawg

Just Me
LOL.. I <heart> Oracal. Unabashedly....

Now Avery? Stay away from Avery...

Your price tag for Harley Davidson is likely to be 5 figures Killer. Wouldn't count on that permission...

Dave Drane

I had some very bad experiences with Oracal. The first being premium white (710) bleeding and running after only 12 months. The second time was a total disaster. I used the vinyl for flexible vinyl which on the brochure showed a hot air baloon with their logo on it.?? I had already had a bad experience with Mac Cal and the rep assured me that Oracal was the only way to go. It was worse than the other brand and peeled up after 3 months. It was used on a canopy for a ute. When I bitched about it the rep forgot the conversation I had about using it and he accused me of not preparing it properly and said it was only meant to be used on banners and was never designed to be used on vehicles??? When I showed him their own brochure with a hot air ballooon he said they don't go as fast as a car??? In the end after all the arguing he said he would replace it??
I said I would accept their Vinyl Mask in return and would use it to PAINT the canopy, which I did. After a week the customer was back again. After I had pulled the mask off it had left adhesive and the dust had stuck all over it. It took hours to remove it and when I complained to management all i got was that "I was only a small customer (over $1,000/month) and as I was a complainer they did not need my business. I HATE ORACAL!!

AUTO-FX

You know, you almost have to expect uncertainties with special applications like a ute top, a spare tire cover, an awning, or a hot air balloon. But when you go to a major worldwide company for your materials with certain expectations (influenced by pictures shown in product brochures like the balloon) and then you're looked down upon like that when you have a problem, it's frustrating. I would have expected a little more tech support from a manufacturer like Oracal. Then again, I've been frustrated with 3M, an even bigger bigshot, on a couple of occasions.

Dave Drane

You know, you almost have to expect uncertainties with special applications like a ute top, a spare tire cover, an awning, or a hot air balloon. But when you go to a major worldwide company for your materials with certain expectations (influenced by pictures shown in product brochures like the balloon) and then you're looked down upon like that when you have a problem, it's frustrating. I would have expected a little more tech support from a manufacturer like Oracal. Then again, I've been frustrated with 3M, an even bigger bigshot, on a couple of occasions.

Maybe I was being a bit tough on Oracal instead of the distributor. I have always relied upon Calon and 3M. A few years back I had an issue with 3m, on one of their cheaper products. It would not lift off the backing sheet with the app tape??. I now use mostly Calon and the 3M on the clear backing sheet.
I don't want to sound racist again but the manager of the company distributing the Oracal was a South African with attitude who treated the locals like they were talking to the "slaves". :bushmill:

Alphonse43

Dave most distributors are the same I've had the same problems with another brand. I was told you must have received old stock, the "European Brand" we now only sell the "US Brand" it's far better, When they replaced the rolls it did exactly the same thing, it's whatever they want to tell you I've had that same spin twice now. In any future complaints I will deal direct with the companies and not the distributors.
Alphonse43

gfgraphics

iNFRINGEMENT

The word HARLEY by itself is not a copyright infringement nor is the word DAVIDSON. It is an infringement if used together "HARLEY-DAVIDSON".

:thankyou: