• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Honest opinions & suggestions please

Brandon708

Reminds me of this guy. Also he looks like the typical old sign guy. (no offence old sign guys)

Attachments

• mad-hatter-1.jpg
    mad-hatter-1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 109

Colin

I would like everyone's critique.

....would like your thoughts & suggestions.

Thank You in advance & willing to take the constructive criticism.

Both are poison. Seek the skills of a professional.

"Example A" says: "If quality matters......." WTF?

*removes forks from eyes

Last edited:

Marco

No need to worry guy, you will get HONEST opinions/suggestions here. In my opinion throw them both out and start over. I'll post a shiny logo for you tomorrow.

SignsD1

Thanks for all the comments folks, greatly appreciated.

-SignManiac - I like your take on his version LOL. Yeah, I don't care for his
slogan either.

Pat - Believe me, my Boss really liked what he designed.

Marco - Thanks for your logo suggestion

Marlene

really take a good hard look at "A" and tell us why there is nothing in this layout that works. if you can break it down, it will help you to understand what works and what doesn't. this is not an attempt to be mean to you in ayway but to try to help you. look at the shape, the fonts and colors and tell us why it is the worst looking thing ever shown. "B" only looks better because it is next to "A" but at least this one might have a chance with a ton of tweeks.

Jillbeans

Honestly, I think A is possibly the ugliest attempt at a logo I've ever clapped eyes on.
With the emphasis on "clap", looks like a nasty case of green pus with a pestilential purple arrow sashaying thru it.
Your boss needs to be shot.
:)
OK "B": marginally better but with a bad case of the 80s and colors only Elton John would love.
Start over.
Start from scratch.
Start in black and white then add color once you have a solid design.
Love....Jill

speedmedia

Please turn off your computer and go head down to the local bookstore and pick up some design and layout books, study for a while and make an actual educated attempt at this. This is the type of stuff that makes me want to run like hell....

Start with these three....

http://signcraft.com/store/

Thanks,
Kurt

Craig Sjoquist

B .. but needs some improvement, the thumbnail tells the story fast, oh yes video game look colors and main font, change it to business colors and font.

What ya might also do is sketch out on paper 1st some ideas think black and white 1st,
also try thinking what a professional business should lot like, sign shops are not just sticker makers but advertising creators, etc,

Colin

^^^ I agree that what Speedmedia said will help, but the real answer here is that the new logo for your boss ought not to be handled by you. Hire a pro.

B-RAD Graphics

I haven't posted in a awhile, but I would like everyone's critique. My boss decides he wants to re-design his company logo. I won't tell you which one is his design versus mine, but would like your thoughts & suggestions.

Thank You in advance & willing to take the constructive criticism.

B. is that the door to the discounts signage..ugg your stuck with having to be the discount man ..:covereyes:

Jillbeans

Here's a greenie idea.
(just trying to kill time before I have to go work in the cold)

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 94

Colin

My boss decides he wants to re-design his company logo. I won't tell you which one is his design versus mine.....

Actually, now that I have re-read your O/P, I am of the opinion that your boss needs to learn the value of a properly designed logo. His idea that this is something that he himself should undertake is utter stupidity and ignorance.

Marco

Sorry to inturrupt this fine thread but I have to say this! Colin ur face scares me, and Halloween is over.

SignsD1

Again, appreciate the help& input from everyone...

Marlene - Believe me, I looked at that logo as much as I could handle without burning my eyes, but, yes I have dissected it & told my Boss things I saw wrong about it. He had a hard time believing that it was ugly.

Jill - LOL, you & SignManiac came up with some pretty hilarious ones.

B-Rad - Yes, unfortunately because of his company name, while I am under his company umbrella, I will be lumped into the "discount" category.

Jon Aston

I don't believe that A is even a real layout. There's no way that anyone makes a layout that hits that many stereotypical design errors unless they're doing it on purpose.

I was thinking the same thing. That and the company name seems like a little badger bating.