• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hourly Pay

Tovis

Curious,

How much do you think the hourly pay is of a print operator who runs a grand format printer, does finishing, and also sets up and handles the network?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Between $11.00 an hour and $22.75 an hour.

That's really a loaded question.

StarSign

How much you want VS How much employer is willing to pay you. Also IMHO there is more to hourly rate then $, do you get benefits (vacation, 401K, Insurance, etc) There are other ways to get a raise then just adding to your hourly rate.

Erikka@Rainier

It depends on position, experience, region, how big the company is, how many employee's etc. My wage (employee) was determined using the SGIA compensation table and my experience.

Gino is spot on. Lot of variables going in to it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How big is the company?
How busy is the company?

I'd sooner think... how good is the operator and how motivated he/she is.

If the company is booming and can afford to pay $20 an hour, but you have someone worth $12.50 at best.... the company's numbers don't mean too much if the person can't get the stuff out as expected. So, if the company must limp a little, it's only as good as it's weakest link, so why reward him/her for being weak ??

SBTJC

There are variables

First is the going to be the Market area, then the size of the company, and how many printers are you running and what type and what sort of work are you actually expected to do? Each company is going to be slightly different. If you believe you are underpayed then you need to take it up with the Owner of the Company or your direct manager. When looking at an increase in pay, there are many things the owner is going to look at it. One are you worth the pay? Meaning the work you do, do you return double or triple that in income? Can and will somebody do it for less? Your years in service, and how knowledgable you are in general not only about your particular job, but the rest of the company. Meaning how versatile are you? Are you dependable, meaning are you ALWAYS ontime, how many sick days do you take, what is your work ethic?

In my area, print operators are not Skilled and therefor are typically Minimum wage earners. Depending on what their Job duties actually include.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First is the going to be the Market area, then the size of the company, and how many printers are you running and what type and what sort of work are you actually expected to do? Each company is going to be slightly different. If you believe you are underpayed then you need to take it up with the Owner of the Company or your direct manager. When looking at an increase in pay, there are many things the owner is going to look at it. One are you worth the pay? Meaning the work you do, do you return double or triple that in income? Can and will somebody do it for less? Your years in service, and how knowledgable you are in general not only about your particular job, but the rest of the company. Meaning how versatile are you? Are you dependable, meaning are you ALWAYS ontime, how many sick days do you take, what is your work ethic?

In my area, print operators are not Skilled and therefor are typically Minimum wage earners. Depending on what their Job duties actually include.

That's some deadballs on advice. Might be tough to swallow, but danged good. :thumb:

Tovis

Sounds like I am at where I should be. Just had an increase that was significant and they only had good things to say about me, and another review in 6 months.