• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How about that TIM TEBOW?

gabagoo

All I can say is that it was an extremely exciting finish and thats all i care about.
I scan the games and just cant sit and watch a blowout. Good game...

Think I took a hit on that game in my pool ...damn

HulkSmash

I say the same thing about the influx of Tebow/Broncos fans.

You should read the news sometime. There's more Tebow haters then lovers. Even most Denver fans still aren't a fan of Tebow. They're finally coming around.. even myself.. i was doubtful... But i'm conforming... I have to.. if i want to enjoy watching football

signworxonline

I call the Broncos for the superbowl win ... Jesus is on Tebows side, you just can't beat that. :p And that really pains me to say since I'm a Raiders fan. :(

Oh I am also changing my religion to whatever Tebow is ... it is clearly the correct choice! Haha

ucmj22

I wouldnt **** on Tebow if he was on fire, but thats just because they beat the bears yesterday.

as for his talent, I think he will do just fine in the NFL. he will have until about halfway through next year until defenses start to hone in on him and really make him develop his pocket passing game. If Michael Vick can do it so can Tebow. Plus Jesus loves him, and will give him 4th quater wins until he loses his virginity!

Circleville Signs

Remember when the Dolphins used the wildcat successfully for like half a season? This is the same thing.

Teams will realize all they have to do is go man on the receivers with one safety over the top and bring the other safety down to spy on Tebow along with the MLB(s) and this nonsense will end. Eddie Royal and Eric Decker are both decent but nothing special and there's no one else.

The game last night was really more about how amazing Von Miller is, especially in concert with Dumerville.

OK...Not to be THAT guy, but...This is blather. Someone has been watching too much football on TV...And trying to use terminology that they don't understand. Because I love the game, and more so because I love to poke holes in stupidity, I'm gonna explain WHY this is blather...

1. If a WR is in the NFL, he can beat man coverage by most CB's.
2. The Spread-Option depends on utilizing 3-4 receivers in most personnel packages. This forces the defense to either utilize nickel/dime packages, which tend to weaken run defense, OR to "split" their OLB's and force them into coverage matchups on WR's. This is what we call a favorable matchup for the offense :smile:
3. Playing cover 3 (1 safety on the shelf, CB's and S responsible for 1/3 of the field ea) with man underneath it on the interior WR's will get you absolutely CRUSHED vs. the spread.
4. "Spying" a QB is only effective if the QB is scrambling. In the spread, this is not the case. These are designed read plays, where, depending on the alignment of the MLB, the QB is reading either the DE, the 3 technique DT, or a blitzing LB. He doesn't make a handoff until the read man commits. If the read man doesn't commit, he keeps the ball. Either way, the "spy" is accounted for in the blocking scheme.
5. If you DOUBLE "spy" with the MLB and the SS, you are going to get 100% TORCHED by the HB in option situations. Even in read situations, you'll get slammed, because you've got 2 defenders committing to whatever direction the strongside guard is pulling or driving. This creates MASSIVE cutback, or "bend" lanes for the HB - which is what the spread is trying to accomplish.

The biggest reason that the spread read-option is working so well right now for the Broncos is BECAUSE defenders are so fast. It takes time to develop and these guys are consistenly overrunning their lanes, or creating their push too fast. They aren't punch-stand-shed players. They are speed and power players.

HulkSmash

not even just that. He has progressed in each of his games. he threw for 260 yards yesterday. That's what.....60% better then most average games with regular QB's? He's unconventional.. but it's working.. he is slowly getting accurate.. and if he gets a SOLID throwing arm going... he can become pretty dangerous.

yes dumerville with von miller is a stupid counter to any offence. not to mention andre goodman, and champ bailey in the back. Our defense has struggled over the years.. not because of the talent.. we just haven't had much to play for since we had jake Plummer.

signswi

I admit I haven't seen him play much (no Broncos coverage here, thankfully) but I was under the impression that a lot of his yardage has been after plays break down, not necessarily success in the read option. At least that's the only footage I ever see of him. His receivers are also trained decently in the scramble drill which so many teams seem to ignore (why...). If it's just teams blowing contain or over pursing and creating cutbacks then uh, that's sad, but the exact same thing happened with the Wildcat in Miami. Exploited overpursuit, profit. Wasn't effective once teams adjusted. I guess I just assume teams are addressing spread option defense but maybe no one has bothered yet or players haven't really had a chance to practice against it. It was a mid-season adjustment and there hasn't been too much film on it compared to most offenses.

I'm also biased as I hate the guy. I don't mind unconventional mechanics, I just think he's an <expletive>.

Last edited:

tyzero

At the end of the day all Tebow does is WINS!

How does that song go?

He's got the whole world in his hands........
:ROFLMAO:

Circleville Signs

I admit I haven't seen him play much (no Broncos coverage here, thankfully) but I was under the impression that a lot of his yardage has been after plays break down, not necessarily success in the read option. At least that's the only footage I ever see of him. His receivers are also trained decently in the scramble drill which so many teams seem to ignore (why...). If it's just teams blowing contain or over pursing and creating cutbacks then uh, that's sad, but the exact same thing happened with the Wildcat in Miami. Exploited overpursuit, profit. Wasn't effective once teams adjusted. I guess I just assume teams are addressing spread option defense but maybe no one has bothered yet or players haven't really had a chance to practice against it. It was a mid-season adjustment and there hasn't been too much film on it compared to most offenses.

I'm also biased as I hate the guy. I don't mind unconventional mechanics, I just think he's an <expletive>.

Tebow's run yardage, for the most part, comes from the read-option. He gets big chunks when pass plays break down, but so does every other decently athletic QB in the league, including Aaron Rodgers.

Blowing contain/overpursuit is simply a reality when things are happening slower. The read-option takes time to develop. That's on purpose. It forces defenders to either sit on their heels (in which case the OL will obliterate them) or to be hyper aggressive and try to blow the play up before it can get started (which leads to mistakes, which the running game in the spread will exploit).

The reason that the Wildcat fizzled is because when you have a RB back there, there is no threat of the pass (at least not a real threat), and safeties can bail on responsibility and support the run. You can't do that with a real QB back there. The spread is super effective, and the Pats have been running it for 4 years. The difference is that with them, it's all about matchup issues that it creates, and has nothing to do with Brady's running ability (because he has none).

If the Packers ran the spread they would win every game by 40 points. Aaron Rodgers is nearly as good of an athlete as Tebow - and he throws 10x better. Tebow is getting better. I think this can work as long as the Bronco's are committed to personnel decisions that support the offensive framework.

Also, why do you hate Tebow?

signswi

The Packers have run spread variations since McCarthy came into town, they used it heavily during 2007. There's typically a few spread snaps per game still. I just don't really buy into the option as viable for more than a few years in the NFL. If it does become viable long term then I'll be sad as I don't find it enjoyable at all to watch.

If you want to talk about interesting formations the Packers used a four TE set with trips right on Sunday that went for a TD. For some reason I find watching that sort of thing a lot more fun than the option.