• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How black is your black?

Kemble

When designing something in Flexi and you select the black swatch to color something, just how black/dark is your black?

Meaning, when you double click the swatch and select the black swatch. What RGB values does it give you? What CYMK values does it give you?

I'm just not happy with my plain "black" color, it either looks too washed out or it's way too dark and the ink is just piled on so think you can actually see the CMYK layers of ink on the material.

Thanks

AUTO-FX

speaking of new mutoh inks, advantage sign supply rep told me yesterday that mutoh bought back and replaced some of their inventory and that i am supposed to call mutoh directly if i want to find out about whatever i personally have in stock. FYI.

dj_elite

speaking of new mutoh inks, advantage sign supply rep told me yesterday that mutoh bought back and replaced some of their inventory and that i am supposed to call mutoh directly if i want to find out about whatever i personally have in stock. FYI.

Does that mean they have the old ink and the old cartridge style back? I have 4 brand new unused cartridges

AUTO-FX

Does that mean they have the old ink and the old cartridge style back? I have 4 brand new unused cartridges

i dont know what it means, other than that there are ink carts within a manufacture date range which are being replaced with something better. i intend to call tomorrow.

jiarby

I use the US Army CMYK for 'Rich Black' (from their USMA at West Point color style guide) 40-30-20-100

Corel black sucks, look like muddy gray. 0-0-0-100

dortonracing

thanks for the Black info.. But since were talkin colors how about a red that doesn't look orange? something like a real red? thanks again

W

wetgravy

when designing for print i always make any solid black a rich black of 100/100/100/100 ... only way to make a black that actually looks vibrant like a mars black as opposed to the standard 0/0/0/100 or 50/50/50/100 you see that looks more like a flat bone black.