• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I get this effect on the font?

Justin

Thanks for the answers folks..

I'm not trying to replicate the font for the police car, but the cop came and wanted something else cut(he actually wanted Not For Hire for a personal trailer) but with that same effect. Before I posted here I tried doing two offset paths, a stroke outline+a offset path, and neither came out like that. I didn't know the font, and came here before going to a identify font website, but I did use http://www.identifont.com/ and it did give me the answer of the font. I should have done that first, sorry.

I don't understand some of you and your constant, this industry is full of people who don't know what their doing, it's too easy to get into, bleh bleh bleh. If you don't like this industry then leave. I'm not into this industry for money. I genuinely like this industry because you get to do more then cut vinyl letters, or design on the computer. I like the aspect of using tools, ordering supplies, doing concrete type signs, wood signs, vinyl signs, metal signs, banners, etc.. I like the variety of jobs, and skills you can use in this industry.

You tell me I should have googled this, and yes I probably should have, but personally whenever I think of signs, and a question I have about them I think of this site since so many of you do more variety, and most certainly more volume then I. I'm a young guy just starting out, and really just trying to make it by until I can go back to school.

Fred, I removed the info just for privacy sake, and not wanting to be tracked down by some murderous internet stalker whose mad about something I say, or post. Honestly, if I could spare the premium membership and not be indexed by Google I would. I just can't right now because I am trying to save to pay off an old student loan that I defaulted on so I can go back to school(They won't allow you to even get FASFA if you have a defaulted student loan).

Anyways, thats my peace.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, I removed the info just for privacy sake, and not wanting to be tracked down by some murderous internet stalker whose mad about something I say, or post. Honestly, if I could spare the premium membership and not be indexed by Google I would. I just can't right now because I am trying to save to pay off an old student loan that I defaulted on so I can go back to school(They won't allow you to even get FASFA if you have a defaulted student loan).

Just to be clear: Removal of the public information ... things like the software and hardware you use, what your job title is, or your experience level, isn't going to help Jack D. Ripper find you. It will however, result in confusion and extra effort for anyone seeking to help you when you ask for help if it has been removed. Removal of the private information we ask of you when you register is not available to anyone other than legitimate admins at Signs 101. We don't sell that information and we protect it from access by anyone. Check anyone's profile here and you won't find that information unless it's been added by the member to their signature. We allow access to it by you should it need to be updated. Should you remove it, the main thing that happens is that you identify yourself to admins as someone who may not be trustworthy if,, for example, you place an ad to sell something. In nine years, knock wood, our private information has not been accessed by any unauthorized party.

You also evidently misunderstand the purpose and benefits of a premium subscription. Suffice it to say that your privacy concerns are of concern to the management of Signs 101 but they have nothing to do with premium subscriptions.

HulkSmash

So if.....

I'm not into this industry for money.

You then want to do this by doing sign work?

I'm a young guy just starting out, and really just trying to make it by until I can go back to school.

I just can't right now because I am trying to save to pay off an old student loan that I defaulted on so I can go back to school(They won't allow you to even get FASFA if you have a defaulted student loan).

I understand your situation.

You're young. I'm 26. Lots of hard work to get where i'm at today. This type of work takes alot of research..
just stick with it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Justin....

I have some of the same fears you have, but not for the same reasons. That's why the more we all know about one another... the safer we feel of each other.

I would venture to say, the very people you are insulting here, not purposely, but by your methods... are the same people which would probably give you the shirt off their back to help you.... not to mention, would have your back in a pinch. There is a fellowship here, and although not everyone is actively on this board, I have a ton of people and companies I could go to for help in a crisis.

One doesn't just fit in, but you tend to eventually blend in without a problem. However, by setting up red flags and pulling pranks, regardless of how little they might seem...... they are always remembered.

J

john1

lol

People put their business and information on here and i am sure you will be just fine putting your software of choice as well as the machines you have.

Fanaticus

No, not really. I fail to understand why anyone would recommend seeking answers to any sign making question somewhere else before seeking it at Signs 101. We see, nearly everyday, members telling others to go to What the Font for their font IDs when there are experts here who do as good or better a job. In this thread we see a member in an early learning stage getting rude responses instead of simply supplying a helpful answer or just ignoring the question and moving on.

Just because a member fails to know enough to impress you isn't a reason to put him or her down or question their motivation for joining Signs 101. And it doesn't speak well of this community that the best answer to a question is to Google it or go to some other site.

+1

There are simple things that I still do not know how to do after nearly 8 years of running my machines and programs. I simply have not had the need to learn them, until a need arises. Searching the internet can be time consuming and lead to wrong answers or dead ends. Who better to ask than a large group of people who do that type of work on a daily basis? Who's better to learn from? The internet is full of people who don't know how to do anything and are teaching others how to do it wrong, or very inefficiently, but claiming to be professionals.

This forum has been a great place for me to learn many different things in the short time I've been here. I just try to ignore the rude comments and focus on the good ones.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
if you let the rude comments from a web forum take you aback... you're in for a LOOOONG road in this industry where the clients, competition and some evil sales reps can at times be nastier than anyone you encounter on the net. Gotta be selective with what you read here. Find the points folks are making within their pointless jokes, and use it to your benefit. In the industry where everyone wants their stuff 3 days ago, you shouldn't have the time nor worry of who does what on the site. You literally name dropped 5 people for "constantly trolling" others. That in itself is just as bad as their rude comments bro. Why are you so observant of the activity of widely active members when you could be using that time to learn more about your craft - starting with the basics and terminology.

If you dont want to be subjected to ridicule, be open about everything... starting with your profile. It helps us determine how to approach the situation. When I first came to Signs101, I introduced myself in the intro forum. I explained my design experience and my little experience in actual sign industry and took flack for the way my business name was spelled. Didn't lash back. Didn't call out those for who do what. Just took it in stride and kept on. Now, those comments dont come up even if the question Im asking has the answer sitting right before my eyes.

that all said, have you figured out how to do what you were asking about yet?

Stagecraft

Wow! And here I thought these Forums were for sign people to help sign people, experienced or otherwise. Sometimes the easiest tasks for some people can be a challange for others. Why try to belittle someone because they have less experience? JMHO
Yes some things, such as spelling can be a real challenge.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
But it's the wrong font. :noway:

Can you now make it the correct font, so the visuals make more sense ??

Sheesh !! :popcorn:

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
But it's the wrong font. :noway:

Can you now make it the correct font, so the visuals make more sense ??

Sheesh !! :popcorn:

I can if I have the font. What font is that? I'm not a font guy, nor a designer. I just knew how to do this.

:Big Laugh

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I can if I have the font. What font is that? I'm not a font guy, nor a designer. I just knew how to do this.

:Big Laugh

If you use the appearance panel to do your contours the text & contours remain live so you can change the font, case, spelling etc. without having to redo the effect. If you really like your effect you can save it as a preset for late night re-use.

wayne k
guam usa