• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I destroy this sign?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got some limited editions coming out... preordering starts after the debate tomorrow night.

LIMITED.jpg

visual800

why can you not make your sign a little longer and just "miss" the concrete pad that way all you have to do is tear down sign and bricks and place sign over existing pad to cover it. Brick bust up easy with sledgehammer. I see no reason why the pad would need to come up

Also when you get quote from foamcraft also get one from Blockwire signs in Goshen , Al for comparison, might save you some dough

Andy D

Yep, do that and you'll be saying hello to the governor............ Wife got me this about 6 years ago. Sucker is a great piece. Well balanced and quite handy being able to shoot 410s to 45 colts all in the same load.

3858c2813831a27ea05256c38e9d7afd.jpg

I have the rifle version... do the clip work well?

hqdefault.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have the rifle version... do the clip work well?

The 410s and the 45 colts work real good, but the ACP are a little tricky to get them in and outta the moons. I have several boxes of the ACPs but usually have way more long colts laying around and a few boxes of 410s. This little tool is something I should look into and just keep 'em on hand already loaded up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Can you not leave the bricks and incorporate them into the sign by having the foamcraft fit over top of it? Seems
like that would be a better product and save you time and money.
I'll present an option to have the sign larger than the pad. They are trying to stay within a budget. If I make the sign bigger the cost will go up but I'll let them weigh the options.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I would 100% leave the brick and pad and have the new sign fabbed as a slip-over so it fits around the brick. Even if the sign is larger, that's going to save them a bunch of money if they don't have to demo the existing. If you have to build/frame out the posts for additional support, it would still be less than the demo work.

Andy D

The 410s and the 45 colts work real good, but the ACP are a little tricky to get them in and outta the moons. I have several boxes of the ACPs but usually have way more long colts laying around and a few boxes of 410s. This little tool is something I should look into and just keep 'em on hand already loaded up.

Thanks, I will look for them.
BTW, check out these 410 shells, they have them at Walmart;

taurus-public-defender--polymer-judge-winchester-pdx1-410.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks nice. I want it for self defense and a 410 coming outta a revolver is only good for about 20 feet or so, I want as much spread as I can get with as many shot as I can get, so I'm not sure about the 'discs' in there. That's what the 45s are for. I figure I'll get their attention with 2 shotguns shells and then go in for the kill mafia style. This kinda sh!t usually happens in the dark or under lousy conditions, so I won't have a lotta time for aiming and squeezing. It'll be bal-blam, then bam-bam-bam-bam. I'll have my other 357 ready in my other hand if needed.

With the governor, you can mix & match whatever cartridge configuration you want, other than the ACPs.

Andy D

I talked to peachtree city foam and they can make it slip over the bricks, thanks for the suggestions. going to see if the client will bite on that option.
Another option is to let the foam sign sit on top of the bricks and paint the bricks to match, or a pleasing contrasting color... For me, there is something about painted bricks that is a element that improves any design.
Added bonus, when the bricks get splash up grim and grass mold in 3-4 years, they can re-paint and not worry about an exact match.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
LOL, without reading anything, and just scrolling through this thread, one might think some are suggesting you destroy the sign with guns. There are a lot of pictures of guns and ammo here. LMAO.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
LOL, without reading anything, and just scrolling through this thread, one might think some are suggesting you destroy the sign with guns. There are a lot of pictures of guns and ammo here. LMAO.

Okay, forget the gun thing........... this is much better.
grenadw with cheese.jpg
toasted truck.jpg