• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how do i get this effect with text?

HulkSmash

Nope, Just call myself tranceraider because oldgoatroper was already taken.

Also, I'm amazed to see how quickly 'you guys' prove my point.

Of course, excluding the girls and Fred.

Also why do people still use CorelDraw? Isn't Photoshop/Illustrator a superior product? I use CS5, but mostly do web design and all of our installation work (vehicle wraps, sign fabrication, etc.).

It's really personal preference. I personally wouldn't touch Corel - not because it's bad... but because I don't like how it is compared to illustrator.. that again.. my preference.

SignManiac

Yeah I've never seen anything good come out of Corel Draw. It's okay for amateurs I guess but only the best designers work with Adobes.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Nope, Just call myself tranceraider because oldgoatroper was already taken.

Also, I'm amazed to see how quickly 'you guys' prove my point.

Of course, excluding the girls and Fred.

Also why do people still use CorelDraw? Isn't Photoshop/Illustrator a superior product? I use CS5, but mostly do web design and all of our installation work (vehicle wraps, sign fabrication, etc.).

Confirmed a troll by post #2...

attachment.php

Attachments

• obvious-troll.jpg
    obvious-troll.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 119

Bly

Oh yeah only real designers use Adobes. On Macs.

EDit: Oops I forgot - don't feed the troll.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey, what's the matter here ?? We usually don't start pickin' on people until Thursday afternoon to set them up for Friday banning class.

Especially new ones.................:omg:

signage

You mean there are other computers beside Macs and evan other graphics programs other than Adobe:covereyes:

Learn somethng new everyday on this forum:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Techman

No kidding. I'm not even trying to cause friction. I just don't understand why one has to expect help, but isn't willing to give it.

Mistaken position.
Bob helps often. But in some misguided way it is overlooked by a few...
It is a fact that on some threads his advice was the only correct answer and sometimes the only one who posted.

Frankly the personal flame attacks are not only useless they are distracting and cause a loss of peace and harmony. All the flames do is provoke others to flame back.
Bob has an opinion that follows more than a few others. That is,, many are glad to help those who help themselves. But many are not so happy to help those who seem to want just a handout.

HulkSmash

Mistaken position.
Bob helps often. But in some misguided way it is overlooked by a few...
It is a fact that on some threads his advice was the only correct answer and sometimes the only one who posted.

Frankly the personal flame attacks are not only useless they are distracting and cause a loss of peace and harmony. All the flames do is provoke others to flame back.
Bob has an opinion that follows more than a few others. That is,, many are glad to help those who help themselves. But many are not so happy to help those who seem to want just a handout.

Who is flaming? Who asked for a handout? The guy asked how to do an effect not for a logo, or a given layout design.
All you did here was provoke one in this thread, with your previous post. Talking about a useless distraction? Yeah just about everything you've put into this one thread.

Don't get me wrong, i respect your advice, and help on many things.. but in this case, ... not so much

:peace!:

Techman

Don't talk to me about provoking. Its all the jabbing at someone else that provoked myself into a response. More than a few of us are fed up with it all. To many threads someone comes on and bashes someone else. Either Gino is packing for addy or on this thread you were packing for bob.

So is who is flaming?
So lets see here. Scroll back a little and read what was posted directly at bob. Is all that a fantasy? None of it was necessary or productive. So what if his answer was short. Who gives a flying flip?

After the first 6 posts came three pages of flame fest with just one post much later offering a real response which was the tutor from tyrant designer. Page two was nothing but useless foreplay.

Oh maybe I should just point out the flame..
Your post #7 with an immediate personal attack. Wait I think I will quote it for you.
god, you're a jerk.
IS this NOT a flame? All it did was bring on more jabs from a few others to bob.

I wish I had the time to post a tutor now and then. But alas,, I am too busy. I wish I had the time to sit here all day and post on every thread.

No matter I am done with this one...

HulkSmash

Don't talk to me about provoking. Its all the jabbing at someone else that provoked myself into a response. More than a few of us are fed up with it all. To many threads someone comes on and bashes someone else. Either Gino is packing for addy or on this thread you were packing for bob.

So is who is flaming?
So lets see here. Scroll back a little and read what was posted directly at bob. Is all that a fantasy? None of it was necessary or productive. So what if his answer was short. Who gives a flying flip?

After the first 6 posts came three pages of flame fest with just one post much later offering a real response which was the tutor from tyrant designer. Page two was nothing but useless foreplay.

Oh maybe I should just point out the flame..
Your post #7 with an immediate personal attack. Wait I think I will quote it for you.
IS this NOT a flame? All it did was bring on more jabs from a few others to bob.

I wish I had the time to post a tutor now and then. But alas,, I am too busy. I wish I had the time to sit here all day and post on every thread.

No matter I am done with this one...

I will talk to you about provoking all day. Too mighty for it? Every time you try to mediate, all the time, you end up getting into it yourself, it seems you cannot control it much like everyone else here. Why bother? Why does someone always try to be the big brother. It get's much older then "flaming" itself.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is similar to some of the threads on the ufc.com forums, except they focus a little less on fighting over there...

wayne k
guam usa

SignManiac

Yep, but just imagine how great Joe's stuff would be if he used professional grade design programs! :) S a R c A s M i N t E n D e D

signage

I think SignManiac meant with the inferior designers that use Corel! :)WeALlKnOw

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Yep, but just imagine how great Joe's stuff would be if he used professional grade design programs! :) S a R c A s M i N t E n D e D

Joe designs like an Adobe Illustrator user... I know, he knows it, now you all know it...

Terremoto

Yeah I've never seen anything good come out of Corel Draw. It's okay for amateurs I guess but only the best designers work with Adobes.

That you should be so misguided to believe that it's the software and not the designer that produces "good" is telling!

If you want professional design using an ICC compliant workflow then CorelDraw X5 is what you need. Something that should be hugely important to a professional! If that's not important to you then go ahead and use Adobe with it's proprietary interpretation of "ICC compliant".

If you want production then skip AI with it's awkward and clumsy interface and artboard (or whatever they call it) size limitations.

AI is highly overrated and highly overpriced and those that are forced to use it often come across as a tad elitist maybe just because they don't know any better. I've used both and CorelDraw is superior to AI in many many ways and has been for quite some time.

Even Xara Pro is more advanced than AI and has been for a few versions now.