• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How good is The Vector Doctor?!!

Tim Aucoin

Could Eric tackle this?? :rolleyes: Customer brought me a pic of his nephews tattoo and would like me to create a 2 spot-color logo from it. Looking to go to vector from this or find similar. Told him to bring in his nephew and I'd scan his arm... he didn't find that funny? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• totem displays 2009 033.jpg
    totem displays 2009 033.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 73

Tim Aucoin

I would not be able to work from this, sorry

No problem... thanks Eric!
I've also told him to try and get the original sketch from the tattoo artist, but apparently he had it done out of country. :doh:

Maybe someone can point me to some similar looking bonefish clipart? I have had no luck with my searches so far!:frustrated:

Sabre

Just so it's been said at least once in this thread...

Vector Doctor is VERY good. I just sent him a pile of low-rez crappiness which he turned out perfectly for me. Thanks again!

Cadmn

look at tatoo shops I think it might be in some "Flash" at tatoo shops. your local shop might have something close.You might try a Man named Whit he is in Corsicanna Tx, & I think he is a member here or was.

Last edited:

Tim Aucoin

Is there a reason why he has a halo of sun tanless white around the tattoo??

Well, it could be that he's using sunscreen on it. When I go mine done on my forearm, I was advised by the artist to use SPF 50 on it, as the sun will fade it if it's not covered.

cptcorn

adad
put his arm on a scanner... would be way better than a photo...

You MUST use sunscreen on tattoos... my 1/2 sleeve is 4 years old and still looks like the day i left the studio.

thmooch

I ran it through Inkscape(free software).

Not great but something to work with maybe, if you want to spend the time.

Attachments

• bonefish_tat.jpg
    bonefish_tat.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 60

blackicefx

here's an idea... using tracing paper, hold it against the tat and trace it. Then scan that and clean...

Seems pretty straightforward. At least, that's how I've reproduced tatoos.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

Tim Aucoin

Those are great ideas (& great renderings), but would require a lot of node work :omg:. I'm at such a busy time right now that I need to pay to get this done in the required time frame. Customer has given me his budget and I can make this work! Thanks for the suggestions. I am working on another solution with a fellow member that I think will do the trick. I'll share the results when it's done (if it's mutually agreeable with other said member!!). :rock-n-roll:

Billct2

Eric is very good but does have his limits.
HouseofGraphix and Mooch both showed you that it can be done though.
You just have to put in the time.
I had a similar issue reproducing a Badge, none of the vector converters would do it,
took me 2 hours but I got it done.

MODCreations

It would be interesting to see how this turned out as for the method below.

"" I am working on another solution with a fellow member that I think will do the trick. I'll share the results when it's done (if it's mutually agreeable with other said member!!). ""

I'm tackling this for my own learning curve.

1. I have enlarged the image and print screened it and printed it out on paper.

2. Now I am in the process of tracing it onto another clean white paper using a Fine Point Sharpie Permanent Marker.

3. Then I will re-scan it in and use one of my vector programs to vector it.

"My way of learning to do some thing like this that cannot be normally done through vectorizing it right off the original. I will post my result once done."