• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How good is The Vector Doctor?!!

visualeyez

I little fooling with photoshop then illy yieled:

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 62

MODCreations

Well after 6 1/2 hrs of manually re-tracing my big image of the fish then rescanned it in and then thanks to Photoshop, I threshold it and cleaned up any rough area's. I then used Vector Magic for the final vector output and Below is what I came out with.

Personally I like how it turned out. But I can say that doing something like this for the first time I wish not to do it again lol. I will leave that up to people like “Vector Doctor” and others who wish to spend the time and have far quicker and better skills them me to do such stuff like this at this time.

Please let me know how I did as I am a nooby at this stuff. =)

P.S: I have to redo the top since I must of cut it off before saving it but that part is not really hard! Cheers!

Attachments

• Dead_Scale_Fishbone_vectorized.jpg
    Dead_Scale_Fishbone_vectorized.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 58

Garbus

Is there a reason why he has a halo of sun tanless white around the tattoo??

I (like so many others) like to use factor 50 sunlotion on the newest of my tatoos so they wont fade.

Also, if its a brand new one, the skin is destroyed and it will bubble up thereby pushing out the ink. Or at least thats what I've been told :rolleyes:

Shovelhead

Well after 6 1/2 hrs of manually re-tracing my big image of the fish then rescanned it in and then thanks to Photoshop, I threshold it and cleaned up any rough area's. I then used Vector Magic for the final vector output and Below is what I came out with.

Personally I like how it turned out. But I can say that doing something like this for the first time I wish not to do it again lol. I will leave that up to people like “Vector Doctor” and others who wish to spend the time and have far quicker and better skills them me to do such stuff like this at this time.

Please let me know how I did as I am a nooby at this stuff. =)

P.S: I have to redo the top since I must of cut it off before saving it but that part is not really hard! Cheers!

5-1/2 hours too long.....looks acceptable pending more clean-up.
Tattoos are for those with nothing else to offer the world. :rolleyes:

HaroldDesign

Vector Conversion

Here is a look at it Tim (and everyone else).

Attachments

• Tatoo_Conversion.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

JR's

That is good Caleb,
and shovel your one bad a$$ looking dood.
I got one tattoo and I got it when I was six years old. two dots on my hand when i was bugging my uncle when he was doing his. ouch! no more tattoos for me.

Tim Aucoin

Caleb... that's excellent work!
Mod... you did a fantastic job also. If you're new to this type drawing, I'd say keep going man... what you've done is good and you can only get better! :thumb:

Who knew my little fish tattoo would create such an interesting thread! I love the way it's pulled so many of us together to come up with so many possible solutions. This is ending up in a win/win scenario for many involved I believe. I'm going to win because my customer will be very happy with the results that Caleb is providing. Caleb will win because I gave him the job. Mod wins because he's honing his talents, and we all win because we get to see Shovel in the flesh! :ROFLMAO: What a great community!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Interesting thread, and why I would not take this job...

You have 5-6 very different interpretations of the same art. I am a perfectionist and like to have a clear view of what I am tracing and the expected results. What if my drawing was not what you had originally hoped for? Would you be willing to pay for changes? Unlike clear art or art with well defined edges this job is very subjective

Some on here are good, but all are interpretations. Heck I did not even realize the lure in the mouth of the fish had a Canadian flag leaf/motif. That flag/leaf are quite different from one another and neither are like the original.

Some customers expect the graphic to retain the airbrushed/shading that is often used on tattoos. This requires the extensive use of blends and gradients

One person took 6.5 hours and some suggested redrawing with a marker and then redrawing by hand or using autotrace programs. If I had to do that to every job, I would not make any profit. I would be curious how long these took to do from start to finish including discussions via email/phone etc

I cannot accept every job especially those that require alot of interpretation