• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How good is The Vector Doctor?!!

Tim Aucoin

I see where you're coming from Eric! All of your points are very valid and I do respect the fact that you turned down my request! In the non-sign aspect of my business, I turn down work based on some of the same facts that you spoke about, including interpretation of the finished product and what is expected from the end user. I'd rather say no than have an unhappy customer! I've not dealt a lot in the past with having to vectorize drawings and interpretations, and this has been a great learning experience for me. Knowing what I know now based just on this thread alone, I would have realized the challenges in this job and likely approached it a little differently.

Fortunately in this case, I took a chance with Caleb and he came through for me, and I can guarantee without a doubt that my customer will be happy with the end result. This customer happens to be a very good friend and he knows exactly what I'm going through to get his job done, and he trusts my opinion! :covereyes:

Thanks for the follow-up post Eric! It helps me to understand more of what you do and I'm sure I'll be able to utilize you services as I move along deeper into this aspect of my business! :thumb:

MODCreations

Thank you to all of who you said awesome job. Like I said this was my first attempt at doing something like this. And yes Shovelhead & weaselboogie are right maybe 6 1/2 hrs was to long but I am just learning. My main interest is in motorsport design.

Thank you to T3 for saying to keep with it because I will. The more I do it the quicker I will get and better I will become. I never did this as for whose is better or pick mine. I did it for my own learning curve and helping a fellow forum person out. =)

Great Job Caleb, you did a really great job with it. Only thing I would like to see is the "Maple Leaf" Be a little bigger lol (I'm Canadian) what can I say lol =P

I agree with Vector Magic: that I would prefer to work with much clear of a design or an image with more defined lines. Those are the two things I learnt from this experience. And usually those are what I like to use when designing motorsport paint schemes.

Either way like T3 said we all win because we are all on this forum to help each other out when or if we can.

P.S: I am still going to tweak mine just for my own personal reasons as I now see some stuff I want to fix on it.

Till the next project, Cheers =) :beer