• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long have you been in the Sign Business?

TheSellOut

8 years here...3½ years for someone else and January will mark the 5th Anniversary of being in business for myself!

It's funny, and still true, how days would seem to drag on in every job I had before I started making signs. Now I look up to see thats it's 4:49 and I wonder how the day flew by!

Kottwitz-Graphics

Wow...I've been at this for over 18 years. Seems like only yesterday when I wondered into that sign shop to order some vinyl & walked out with a job.

cgsigns_jamie

My whole life ... family business is a year older than me. I've been working after school and summers since 8th grade and went full time after high school 2 and a half years ago.

Next month will be our 22nd year in business!!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Just signs full-time since 1995, graphic design off and on since 1979.

ProWraps

bought my first plotter (12" signwarehouse lynx for $2K) in '99. did some cool stuff with that little thing. bought a 24" lynx for a job about 5 years later for $1k. go figure. the whole reason was to make my own decals for my website (we gave away thousands a year and i got tired of buying them from other people).

opened prowraps in nov '07. didnt do much with it until i closed my retail paintball store in sept '08.

ndemond

29 years for me-my husband started painting signs with his Father sometime in jr. high school. He will be 54 in March.

Nancy

Cadmn

started screen printing in 1978, signs soon after that, wife sold all my screen equipment after stroke in 1991, so signs mainly since then. self taught. started using Corel with Ver 1.1 & taught college drafting & design 4 years part time teaching 3 different CAD programs.OMG forever When Arlo retires I'm gonna teach him to fly R/C planes & we'll spend lots of time just flying & plotting the takeover of the World So we can Assign Jill her rightful POsition.

dasco

Seems like forever !

I worked with my father for 15 years and started my own business 27 years ago.