• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long have you been in the Sign Business?

astro8

30+ years for me fulltime... before that was after school and weekends

3rd generation signmaker

Dave Drane

60 years. I was born into it as was my father from his father. I have enough stuff here to start my own sign museum... Unfortunately I have nobody to take over from me.

SignosaurusRex

32 years ago I started my own sign co. at age 18. Started my apprenticeship at age 12. Prior to that I started learning from my grandfather how to handle a brush and mix paint.

Just Me

started lettering my families race cars with a brush in 1988, did a few friends race cars over the years. Bought a used plotter in 1995 (hot tip) cant remember the name of it, and some old cad system i am sure lol
Went full time in 1996, sold my business in 1999 in Wisconsin and moved to Georgia and re-opened under my current name. Have been full time since '96 except my 3 year stint as a police officer(kept the business going part time) I dont think i could ever work for anyone again....

OldPaint

well, i was introduced to sign painting in 1956-58, so i was 11-13. local guy was a hell of an artist, started paintin signs, i got involved because he used our dance hall(was below the grocery store...to make pounce patterns. i got to help him paint a couple billboards, he cut in and let me fill........then "wizard haynes" showed up at the bar, year or so later. he saw i had an interest......gave me my 1st set of quills. painted off and on, for years. 1986........i got FIRED from a job.........1ST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!! and i swore i would never work for someone who was dumber then me...............so 86 i went full time................got into computer/plotter in 93..............

CrabbyOldGuy

I have been screen printing since 1974. It seems like a lot longer when you put a number to the years. Started as an "instead of" job or until I could find something else. Guess I never found something else. Still find something new or interesting all the time.

iSign

35 years
(Started part time and then went to Butera Sign School in 1974)
who's that 35 yr old in your avatar then?

These posts are a trip when we find out how much we don't know about people we thought we knew...

20 years for me... almost to the day

Border

Started part time in 1998 while working in the Auto Body industry. Quit the day job in 2001 to do this full time.