• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long have you been in the Sign Business?

Signguyno1

More than 20!
Matter of fact 52 years, since 1957
Old school letterer and sign building, still using those quills, liners and stripers.:toasting:

Doyle

Full-time for 8 years. This is all I've ever known, worked part-time in high school when my Dad owned the business, which he then gave to me as my own when I turned 20. I have been self-employed since, now almost 27 years old. I've learned a ton, and still learning everyday. I owe a lot of thanks to Signs101 for that too! I feel that I have progressed tremendously as a designer and businessman from help and advice from many of the great folks right here on this forum.

grampa dan

I painted my first window splashes at the tender age of 14 - been doing signs ever since. That would make it 41 years in business in a few weeks.

-grampa dan

SeaWriter

33 years 3 months 5 days and 2 hours a 2nd generation signwriter, started in my Dad's shop. Before that spent many holidays as a kid "cutting-in" behind the tradesmen.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Full time for 42 years...buit did occasional signs since 1955.

damn! Now I feel old.

What the shweeze are you talking about.. I lived down the street from you when I was a kid, you did signs then and now I am a grandfather......

old fart!

Mark S. Adams

31 years for me. My very first job was sweeping the floors of my farther-in-laws sign shop. Have worked for a small handful of sign shops over the years, spending most of my time with that first company. As of about 6 months ago, I bought the majority interest in a sign shop that's been around since 1977.

SOA

been cutting 'n' slappin' down vinyl for 6 years or so, owned my own show for just over a year now. keep on truckin....

Aldir

17 years, and I might say here in Brazil it is reeaaaaaly rare to exist any business running for this time be it on sign trade or any other.

emo

11 years, 6 months, 21 days. Roughly.

(yeah, SeaWriter beat me to the format but I had it figured out already so I hadda post it!)

TheProfessor

I've been in for a little over 3 years... well until yesterday... anyone looking to hire a laid off sign designer around Baltimore, MD?