• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long have you been on here?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Lurked for a while.
Became a member on October 26th, 2016.
Banned by Fred on October 26th, 2016.
Re-enlisted under the new administration October of 2018, if I read the notes correctly.

Laughed as often as I learned, and continue to do so. This place is all right.
ok, what did you do? spill it....

jochwat

Graphics Department
Gino, maybe the word "Neanderthal" will refresh your memory. :oops:;)

Boudica and anyone else: I think many of you already read through this. I won't even try to explain myself or backpedal. At this point it is what it is in Signs101 history. Certainly wasn't the first time, and it wasn't the last, as I've seen similar battles get fought here since mine. At any rate, here you go:

https://www.signs101.com/threads/help-in-outfitting-new-graphics-department.135382/

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hahahahahaaaaaa.......... So, do you still work for that same company ??

Ya know, that sounded kinda familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it. Gotta hand it to ya for letting us read that all again. Let bygones be bygones.:peace!:

Boudica

Gino, maybe the word "Neanderthal" will refresh your memory. :oops:;)

Boudica and anyone else: I think many of you already read through this. I won't even try to explain myself or backpedal. At this point it is what it is in Signs101 history. Certainly wasn't the first time, and it wasn't the last, as I've seen similar battles get fought here since mine. At any rate, here you go:

https://www.signs101.com/threads/help-in-outfitting-new-graphics-department.135382/
That was a pretty entertaining read.

MikePro

i'm also guilty pickin' on noobs. Had to dig deep for the thread that inspired my avatar a decade ago :p

jochwat

Graphics Department
Hahahahahaaaaaa.......... So, do you still work for that same company ??

Ya know, that sounded kinda familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it. Gotta hand it to ya for letting us read that all again. Let bygones be bygones.:peace!:

Noooooo, less than a year later I was let go, after training my much more affordable replacement (I mean, "so I could take some vacation time and stuff!"). Terminated two months after buying a new car, and one month after getting married. Turned out to be a terribly-run company by a terrible owner. Lots of stories were told by more employees who suffered the same fate, or were fortunate enough to leave before it happened to them. Even received an apology from a co-owner a few years later after he himself was no longer there. Been at a monumentally better place for the past 5 years.

And yes, those bygones are gone. I can join you all in laughing at the thread these days.

jochwat

Graphics Department

Bygones or not, I still feel slighted that I was banned while the conversation continued while I was defenseless. But, hey, it made the members at the time feel better about themselves. Wonder where many of them are today? 'Cuz I'm still here! :D:cool:

jochwat

Graphics Department
I should also update what happened with that endeavor:

- With assistance from a vendor (Sign Outlet Store), chose to go with a Roland TruVis 54" whatever the model was at the time, a Vanguard UV flatbed printed, and a GFP laminator.
- Learned to operate it all with training from the vendor, and then train my eventual replacement(s)
- From what I understand, the equipment is still running at the shop. I don't think they used the laminator for anything other than premasking because they were too cheap to actually laminate any of their prints.

So, ya see? I knew something! I wasn't the big fat dope that some of the commenters made me out to be. Fat, yes. But a dope? Not always!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Bygones or not, I still feel slighted that I was banned while the conversation continued while I was defenseless. But, hey, it made the members at the time feel better about themselves. Wonder where many of them are today? 'Cuz I'm still here! :D:cool:
I'm friends on FB with one of the guys who either got kicked off here or deleted his account. It was around last year or so, something about politics or covid - he's was very "passionate". Anyway, he has some really good sign work and I like following his business page and we share ideas here and there and chat a bit. He's actually a really nice guy and very helpful. I have no issues with his political views but others did LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That was probably the toadster. He was a very good mechanic, but got carried away with rants, regardless of who was on the other end.

Stacey K

I like making signs

Attachments

• Gnubler.jpg
    Gnubler.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 60

Stacey K

I like making signs
That was probably the toadster. He was a very good mechanic, but got carried away with rants, regardless of who was on the other end.
I can't remember his name on here, I think his picture was a flag or eagle or something...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm friends on FB with one of the guys who either got kicked off here or deleted his account. It was around last year or so, something about politics or covid - he's was very "passionate". Anyway, he has some really good sign work and I like following his business page and we share ideas here and there and chat a bit. He's actually a really nice guy and very helpful. I have no issues with his political views but others did LOL
I don't remember the avatars but AndyD? Bannertime?

Boudica

Patriot Works - he's here in WA right? hmm, looks like he did leave the forum.