• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for that wrap?!?!?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You said "WE" so that means you and another person did it in 6 hours. So that is at least 12 man hours.
You guys are making a really big deal out of this. I never even considered bickering with the customer. I gave him a 3 minute education on the cost of wraps. He admitted that he was way out of line thinking that 500 bucks would get the job done. I just wanted to share with everyone that we as wrap companies are always faced with the challenges of pricing and educating. Sometimes to the point of ridiculousness. Around by me, $4500 is a good price for a job this size. My price estimate was the entire job, design, print, install, premium products, and my companies good reputation and warranties included. If people are doing it WAY cheaper in other places, that in no way makes my price high. I don't want to argue with anyone about i
t.

No, once again... someone here is assuming and you know what they say about that word.

I almost always talk about our shop in the form of many. It's almost always we, us, our.... never me, I or mine, unless it's something I'm solely responsible for. There are four... almost 5 full-timers, one part-timer and a few subs that I can bring in if necessary. That particular truck was probalby a guy cleaning it, while someone else did the installs and probably a second set of hands here and there once in a while. Including design time.... about 3-1/2 hours, 3 hours clean and prep and about 7 hours including that second set of hands.... we had a total of about 13-1/2 hours divided up by $3,400 and about$875 in materials.

So, anything else you wanna discuss out here in the open forums ?? :rolleyes:

By now, if your possible client is reading this.... he now knows how to shop it. :thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Its called a reference analogy... the concept of what one person pays in relevance to what another pays based on locality.

Wouldn't that be more like Pro comparing his pricing to that of the OP's pricing thus giving him help, where your comparison is just to belittle someone that really was trying to help the OP in the first place ??

Sideshow

where your comparison is just to belittle someone that really was trying to help the OP in the first place ??

Ok... you show me in this post.....

I would be at $2995 for the job. both sides and back. $500 is bullsh*t and he knows it. but $4500 is high.

it would take me 4-5 hours for the install. if that.

...or this post...

all sh*t you didnt bother to include in your initial post, DUDE.

extra tall? come on. if your gonna come on here and piss and moan, dont expect all of us that are in the biz to cry with you.

your price is high. period. i merely responded where we would be so you could get a comparison. but obviously your to busy whining instead of being open to learning something.

of course we clean it. after the client brings it to me WASHED.

with 4 sides, i would be at $3300.

4-5 hours EASILY installed on that extra tall, dirty crybaby of a trailer.

where any "help" for the OP was.

The entire thread ...since its clear that many of you lost it in the replies... was the OP conversing on how ignorant customers are to the cost of a job.

This thread was not a talk about WHAT he was charging.

Im sorry, but the problem with the industry is people like you.

You "claim" that your helping, when all your doing is posturing.

Mosh

Get a life assclowns
I love that!
If the art was supplied and it was a smooth side trailer $2995 would be a good price!
$500 would be the Mosh price, if the Mosh was a real person....AHHH wait he just told me that he, we'ed do it for $490, cause he, orr I won't be undersold, we, aahh he said he will crush his ememies...then something about a "lamindation" of the women.....

Flame

Im sorry, but the problem with the industry is people like you.

Problem with this industry is like sprinkles on brownies. The sprinkles is skill, the brownies are people in this business. There are more brownies than you can even squeeze into the **** oven but only a few pinches of sprinkles.

Sorry, from my side of the fence ProWraps offered a good post.

Mosh

And then there are the ones who make the "good" brownies, that make you feel REAL good....

Mosh

20 ft flat side trailer, 4-5 hours easy to install! Screws or rivets NOT, 7-8 hours! He is not far off that. You guys got to realize there are ALOT of hungy people out there doing stuff for quik cash. 40' of tailer = well you all know what it costs. If you are down and need CASH $2995 is a good number.

HulkSmash

I would be at $2995 for the job. both sides and back. $500 is bullsh*t and he knows it. but $4500 is high.

it would take me 4-5 hours for the install. if that.

3k for about 370 Sqft? 4-5 hrs with cleaning and install. Not to mention rivets.
yeah ok.

sghobbies

I need to step up my game I guess...lol. I commend you guys that CAN wrap that fast. I know it's possible, look at Justin Pate.

Border

My bet is that Weasle is right in saying that this guy was only using the term "wrap" when he should have been asking for pricing on lettering.
I get that all the time now...I first clarify wheter they actually want to cover every square inch of the surface with a photo-like print or if they are looking to get some individual lettering and maybe a logo placed somewhere on the sides and back perhaps.

As for all the other nonsense and posturing going on here that really has almost NOTHING to do with the original thread topic, that just makes you look like an ass. Just because you do more wraps than most or whatever it is that you proclaim to be the authority at, you don't need to shove your opinions down other people's throats along with name calling. Grow up a little, would ya?

Take for example someone like Grandpa Dan, who is unquestionably a real pro at what he does. He is also very humble and never comes off like a jerk when giving out his opinion. I don't even know him but think many of us could benefit from carrying ourselves more like that rather than stepping up to thump your own chest all the time and derailing someone else's thread.:rolleyes:

phototec

Attachments

• Sign-article-Oktober-797x1024.jpg
    Sign-article-Oktober-797x1024.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 94

ProWraps

I offer up what we charge and what we do. I tell the original crybaby that he was a bit high, and the guy saying $500 was rediculous.

I do this so that he can see what his competition is at.

Instead of thank you, I get this mess of ignorance and pissing and moaning.

Im glad you guys are my competition. :)