• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much for that wrap?!?!?

GraphixUnlimited

My bet is that Weasle is right in saying that this guy was only using the term "wrap" when he should have been asking for pricing on lettering.

this is what i thought right away!! we get it all the time

my price would be closer to the OP, not quite as high but in that ballpark but im also Canadian eh and even though are dollars are basically the same we pay through the nose here for everything lol

Cheers eh! :Canada:

andy

This thread just goes to show that when it comes to pricing you're ALWAYS wrong....

Charge too little and you're a lowball scumbag.

Charge more than other people do and you're a drooling semi skilled retard who can't apply vinyl for toffee.

The last thing I wrapped was my own van... it took me three days because it's a b@stard shape and real wrappers don't use any of that easy apply $hite :)

GraphixUnlimited

This thread just goes to show that when it comes to pricing you're ALWAYS wrong....

Charge too little and you're a lowball scumbag.

Charge more than other people do and you're a drooling semi skilled retard who can't apply vinyl for toffee.

The last thing I wrapped was my own van... it took me three days because it's a b@stard shape and real wrappers don't use any of that easy apply $hite :)

:popcorn:

tyzero

Prowraps is spot on. You wanted to ask about the price and found out there are people who do it cheaper and still make money.

If you can't hang a 54" x 108" panel in 13 minutes then step it up. That is a fast pace to some but not the experienced. I crank out those size panels (applying) in about 11 minutes.

You want to make more money than work faster and do more jobs. And if you figure Prowraps price by the sqft. that is the going rate on flat vinyl.

I with Prowraps on this one!

ProWraps

thanks ty. glad someone saw the light.

browner, thats your choice. but like i said, im glad you guys are my competition.

BALLPARK

Rolle Pro is great for rivets, if you do not have one... Do yourself a favor and buy one! I no longer even care if it has rivets, it is so easy to make the bridge and heat. Get the right temp and it goes down perfectly almost every time! If I was being robbed and the thief said give me your car and the rolle pro, let's just say he would need back-up to get my rolle pro..lol. ;)

Retail...
Arlon: 10 per sq ft Installed
3M: 13 per sq ft Installed

Wholesale To Other Sign Companies...
Arlon: 8 per sq ft Installed
3M: 10 per sq ft Installed

It takes me about 9-12 hours to do a 24' box truck (Sides & Backdoor). I am a bit slower than some, but the work is good. If speed is an issue, bring in more certified installers and charge more..lol.

$4,500 might be expensive in some areas and a great price in other areas. Also it depends on if the work is needed badly or they have plenty on the ol' job board. I lose some jobs in my area, b/c I will NOT lower my price. If they are not willing to pay for quality work, then they can go somewhere else.

Also for you wrap guys out there that need more work. Research large marketing firms within a tri-state area and send them a custom proposal. You will bid on a ton of jobs and might get some of them. They deal in FLEET projects and travel will be required in some cases. Hope that helps...

yukon

It always puzzles me about wrap pricing. I try to get between $11.50 - $13/ sq ft for premium 3M 180cv3 with lam. Is that in the ballpark or am I way off? Working on a 51ft race trailer (3 sides), right side has a lot of cutting around lights and doors. getting just under $13k for the job. We're not fast - may take 3 days! but we are very, very thorough and meticulous and will remove any hardware we can. Will prep properly and prime where needed. We will reprint before patching. We do everything ourselves and don't hire out for installers.

Are we justified or what?

Yukon

BALLPARK

It always puzzles me about wrap pricing. I try to get between $11.50 - $13/ sq ft for premium 3M 180cv3 with lam. Is that in the ballpark or am I way off? Working on a 51ft race trailer (3 sides), right side has a lot of cutting around lights and doors. getting just under $13k for the job. We're not fast - may take 3 days! but we are very, very thorough and meticulous and will remove any hardware we can. Will prep properly and prime where needed. We will reprint before patching. We do everything ourselves and don't hire out for installers.

Are we justified or what?

Yukon

That sounds really fair to me on the pricing. Most ADRL Race Teams pay between $13,500 - $15,500 for a 53' wrap.

k6media

In can vouch for ProWraps on this one. We are in the same hour bracket for a full wrap on this trailer. If you are using the old " prick the rivet and squeegee around it" technique.. never going to happen. If you use heat and a foam roller over the rivets.. it's pretty easy to do a trailer of that size quickly.

I claim BS. 4-5 hours. What about rivets, cleaning, etc...

k6media

I buy the foam white painters rollers that you find at your local hardware store. I prefer them to the Rollepro ... $1.50 at the dollar store otherwise and will save you 2hrs in rivets

ProWraps

thanks k6.

and it is true. its all we do. its not an ego thing at all. its an all we do thing.

we can kill that size in the time frame we specified. will it make our week? NO. but we schedule so it will make the day.

work harder not smarter.

notice that twist? welcome to the GREAT RECESSION.

ill quote the great Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption....

"Either get on livin' or get on dying".

its your choice.

Custom_Grafx

Since everyone else gets to share a story like this, I want to share mine. Today a guy called for a 24 foot trailer wrap. I worked up my numbers and told him $4500. Upon telling him this, which I feel is a solid price in my market, he pretty much freaked out. It seems someone along the way told him he could get a wrap for about $500 on a trailer that size. No Joke. We aren't just graphic designers, painters, installers, etc... we are always in the business of being teachers.

There are guys in Beijing who charge more than that...

Edserv

We've had two similar experiences in the past two weeks.
Summary: Our price: (in the range of) $2000
Their price (in the range of $700)
We said, thanks, but no thanks.

If this industry is becoming "priced" with companies REALLY able to undercut our professional fees by 70% to 90%, then I guess it's time to find a new niche. Just the fact. Although I would really like to see the books from one of these companies doing it for pennies on the dollars.

grafixemporium

What's up all... been out of the loop for a while working my butt off. No free time for Signs 101... and that's a good thing.

Chris, your pricing doesn't include designs right? You'd be at $3300 for 4 sides with designs provided. That's a competitive price. On a standard 24' box trailer, we're at $3795 designed, printed and installed.

By the way, I sent someone your way... a plumber in the Sacramento area. Did you hear from him?

heyskull

Well we had something similair from one of our customers.
This was for a 7.5 ton box trailer which he wanted a full wrap.
I worked out a price of £2500 and he nearly died on the spot.
He reckoned he knew a guy who would do it for £300.....LOL
Three months later I see this truck with vinyl graphics on a space about 3'x3' on either side.
I got speaking to this fella and he still reckons I was expensive!!!!

What?

RobbyMac

As far as 10-13 min panels go, I don't think thats unrealistic.
But I've yet to see a completely flat trailer with no hardware, hinges, doors, etc that need cutting in/around, etc. You could have an hour in trimming hardware on the rear of a trailer alone.

Unless they're just wrapping right over everything... in which case, I've seen '4hr wrapped trailers' and am not impressed with them.

Were those prius's painted yellow and all that was wrapped was the bumpers? or full wraps?