• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much to charge for vinyl install on glass doors?

Colt

Was in town and in a shopping center. Decided to stop by one of the stores to look at their vinyl graphic. And it had a bad error. There is a thick line that runs into a thick letter. Well, the guy forgot to weld the letter with the line, and so it cut the line into the letter. You know the guy had to have noticed that while weeding and/or during install but deciding to not fix it.

I understand people make mistakes. But stuff like that makes the whole argument of "pros" being superior to newbies to be rubbish. I wouldn't have installed that. And if I did by accident, I'd replace that letter. A lot of junky "pro" jobs out there. At least his offset was set correct.

Billct2

the whole argument of "pros" being superior to newbies to be rubbish

The only thing "pro" about someone who does work like that is that they got paid.
Sounds like the competition in your area are all hacks, so at least you're playing on a level field.

and the professionals on this site are willing to share the knowledge how to do it right with those willing to listen and learn.
Problem is so many that ask for "advice" turn out to already be experts. They're not looking for instruction they're looking for justification.

Colt

Well, they decided they didn't need to have a colored background on their logo. So doing 4 doors. 2 will have the logo, and all 4 will have the hours on it. Just waiting on approval on my layout I did. I think they'll like being able to see through the door with just the white lettering logo, vs. a printed opaque one.

One of their locations will change later, so will pretty much have to do it over again and do the doors at one of the new locations.

Signbot

Well, they decided they didn't need to have a colored background on their logo. So doing 4 doors. 2 will have the logo, and all 4 will have the hours on it. Just waiting on approval on my layout I did. I think they'll like being able to see through the door with just the white lettering logo, vs. a printed opaque one.

One of their locations will change later, so will pretty much have to do it over again and do the doors at one of the new locations.

For single-colored window vinyl decals + installation
$100- Fuel/Travel (within 20 miles)
$100/per hr- On-site labor
$40/hr Design fee (waived if production ready, but this is rare)
$4-$15/per sqft- vinyl (variates by quantity, size, type, regular or new client, etc)
and thats it! TA-DA!
Easy $$$ :thumb:
GL!

Dakotagrafx

respect

I've learned respect, patience and learning first will get you further than jumping in and trial and error. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum from people with a lot of training and experience - be glad for the opportunity to learn from someone like that - they aren't always available and won't always be there to learn from. If I had started a lot younger I would have loved to apprentice with a true sign painter, much can be learned from the old timers . . . before it is too late.

goforit14

Simplicity and elegance go together, Less is More no matter where you start you can always make the best of what you have to work with, If you cut vinyl you can offer different colors metallics cost a bit more but do make a sign look more elegant when used properly also you can find simple but unique fonts and then learn to combine them. If you have the time design and them put it off for a few hours come back and look at it with fresh eyes.