• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How not to get the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgsideburns

Wow, this thread is ridiculous.

Don't be late to interviews if you really want a job, be early.

You better be able to take a little heat too, not everyone has a fluffy bunnies and rainbows personality and if homeboy can't take a little snarky remark from the boss it's probably a good thing he walked out the door.

My boss is awesome, but he's a straight shooter. If you mess up you'll know about it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I always get confused about a double Bushmill or a double/double Bushmill.

When I ask for a double they pour two shots and a little extra while a double double they serve in two separate glasses, but only give me two shots in each one and not the little extra wiggle of the wrist. So, I'd like to get the double/double, but I pay more in the long run, but don't run dry as quickly..... and the one at a time gets the barmaid very tired from walking back and forth so often. Besides, the more she works the bigger the tip has to be. So, If I tell her what I want, she does like Bigdawg's interview and tells me to F' off.

I guess my reason for mentioning this is....... this seems like much better subject matter to talk about then isag's spelling and misuse of words to me.

I think most people on here make mistakes, but they are about as common and explainable as my double/doubles, but then.... who frickin' cares ??

I never realized isag had such a spelling problem, let alone such a narrow feel for the word usage portion of the left part of the brain, until all of these posts and quotes were posted. Yowsa.

I don't think a 'Beat Up isag' club is needed, but this 'Mob' mentality you feel .... you're a little wrong about it. It goes both ways.

More than seeing old timers or long time members ganging up or being the mob as in your head... I see far more newbies, lurkers and total misfits going against the grain of the industry trying to be some sort of unorthodox approach to.... anything from knowledge.... or lack of to word usage or spelling problems to just plain misfits in a filed where they don't belong. Usually people that didn't pay enough attention in school who are unaware of their mispronunciations or word usage are just gonna try to blow smoke up your ass and then defend it.

:Sleeping:​

jiarby

I normally do not care about spelling either... you wll not find another thread anywhere that has me correcting someones grammar or spelling. It is pissing in the wind to get hung up on someone's spelling in an internet forum.

The thing was that in this case he really is not mispelling... he is using the incorrect words out of their context. This is an indication of what I described as a "cognitive malfunction". At the best it is an indication of a lazy slobbish attention to the quality of one's communications.

His defense? I am OCD. Or, he did it on purpose. Uh huh... Everything except "DOH! I screwed that up! I wish I had paid better attention in the 7th grade"

I was just getting a vibe from him that turned me off. That was when noticed all the bad writing. After that it was really just feeding the troll.

this seems like much better subject matter to talk about then isag's spelling

yeah... it should be "than" LOL!

Billct2

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 75

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That should be THAN. :ROFLMAO:

Not in my frickin' world buddy. If isag can say it..... so can I. :tongue:

I meant then because if I had used than, well the 'a' comes first in the alphabet and you'd be thinking I used that word to get attention. After all of my posts... all 16,595 of them, I know what I'm doing, so lay the F' off me. I had a hard day today and am looking forward to a hard evening. Now, if you wanna read something into that.... be my frickin' guest, but don't give me no frickin' chit. I ain't gonna take it.

I'm going to the club tonight after supper and sit in with the band and play Steely Dan elevator music. I don't care what the rest of them play, I don't even care what frickin' key they play in.... I'm gonna do my own thing and they can all lump it. :rock-n-roll:

Besides, the Phillies won in the 9th today.... 5 to 4. :toasting:

GINO.gif

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Wow, talk about a fun "interview" ... told some srq design-rats about the job opening, ones I would refer were pretty committed to their current job. Sorry I couldn't budge them in your door.

Baz

Holy ship man ... This thread is great for a Friday. I just can't see SignTech's point of view as being serious. Something smells foul ... in a bipolar kind of way. Maybee some prescribed medication is in order? If not that's fine ... It's been really entertaining so far :thumb:

BTW ... In my shop ... I am God! .. Snide remarks and all ... If you don't like it GTFO. If you can stand me .. You'l be surprised at how many times i buy lunches.

Firefox

Can't we all just get along?

Hell no... you broke my night stick!

I figured I minus well join the dog pile...

Sign Tic, I am curious about a few things.

1: What is ......... with ......... all ............... the periods .............. ?
I only mention this because it makes it more difficult to understand what you are attempting to convey.

2: How was the weather in Florida?

3: Has Adtechia changed his name?

Just curious, no offense intended.

Thanks to all for too much reading pleasure. :toasting:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Door, meet ass....

That was the oddest exchange... if I was going to go out, it will be in a blaze of glory... not a fart in the wind... at least have a point.

From now on, I am allegedly a sign designer....

Border

yea, that's the second time he's stormed outta here. Def some sort of mood swinging thing going on there and one HUGE chip on his shoulder about...something

Baz

Baz are you hiring?

Haha ... I just hired a new guy. Actually, he's not new. He worked for me a few months last year. He came back! lol, poor sucker. I guess i'm not that bad in my godlike attitude after all.:rolleyes:

SignTech didn't bail. He just had to go out for dinner. He'll be back.

Bigdawg

Just Me
My original post was not April Fools - and yes Heath - I knew you were kidding. The whole thing is ridiculous and if I had any clue how this would have went - well dang, I wouldn't have posted. Although I will admit the exchange has been errrr Interesting.

I love this place and I hate when it gets infected. I'm closing this thread down. It serves no useful purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.