• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How not to get the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SignTech

Sign it seems your in a losing fight. Stop digging, the hole you're already in, even deeper.

Losing? That's your prospective ..... there are 1000 other views and lurkers who are potentially getting some of my points ....... this it's not about winning or losing .... unless you're Sheen ... "Duh, Winning" and I digress ......

It's about the s101 mob mentality ... when other views are not accepted in the sandbox ... then it's beat the guy who doesn't agree up ......

... doesn't happen in my world ...... and what hole? You gonna fire me? Kick me off signs101 for standing my ground, arguing a point in a civilized non attacking manner or cursing?........ so be it.

And Colorado who exactly are you .. to advise me when to type or not type? Either you care about me as a member and person ... or you're sick of my posts ..... you have no obligation to read my posts.

I am not in a 'fight' as you put it ........ just dialogue and playing the chess game with the MOB.

CanuckSigns

In the past when I had a job interview, I would always drive there the night before the interview, just so i knew how to get there without any suprizes! I would expect anyone going for an interview in an area they are unsure about to do the same!

jiarby

Actually it would be 'to' not too overzealous ........ can be used both ways and usually informally as 'too'

... anyway ..... the topic is what matters ..... minor grammer or spelling issues are a clear sign of OCD

Man...

Yo gotta quit lobbing me these underhanded softballs or I am not going to get anything done today!

To versus too...

too would refer to an excessive quantity of something... such as too much bacon (wait...is that even possible)

"to" indicates where the action of a verb is directed.
"Give my bacon laden sandwich to ISAG"

SO,

"too overzealous" would indicate that someone believes the quantity of overzealousness is excessive.

the topic is what matters ..... minor grammer or spelling issues are a clear sign of OCD

If attention to detail and effective use of the language is a sign of OCD then I guess I am guilty. So... If correct spelling and grammar usage is a sign of OCD then what call the LACK OF IT that you display??

BTW... I love it when someone corrects grammar incorrectly and then also spells GRAMMAR incorrectly.

What should a person deduce (LOL!) about you based on how well you write here? I hope when you are proofing your work you do better.

S

SignTech

Well this thread has certainly taken an odd turn.... I never knew what I posted would become so controversial!

SignTech- my eyewitness account was pretty accurate - although I didn't put in ALL the cusswords he bandied about... just not sure why you'd think I was a lyin' SOB... or why I wouldn't be insulted when you call me one... but in reality? what you think really doesn't matter...

woah BD ........... I never called you a 'Lying SOB' or even remotely thought that of you ........ actually it's the "bosses" comment that drives me ... none of yours ... if you feel you have been called a Lying SOB, that's your words not mine ....... but I do question in my 'mind' all sides to every story ... please don't spin this into an I hate Big Dawg thread ... not even remotely the case.

The rest of the responses are in response to some other members views ... no different then being saddled up at the local bar ........ having some banter ... you know darn well in NHB ......... threads get wayyyyyyyyy deeper then this thread .......

signmeup

"Minus well" comes from another poster. I cannot, unfortunately, claim this hilarious breech of English as my own creation. A member of this site was actually using the term in earnest.

signmeup

Losing? That's your prospective ..... there are 1000 other views and lurkers who are potentially getting some of my points ....... this it's not about winning or losing .... unless you're Sheen ... "Duh, Winning" and I digress ......

It's about the s101 mob mentality ... when other views are not accepted in the sandbox ... then it's beat the guy who doesn't agree up ......

... doesn't happen in my world ...... and what hole? You gonna fire me? Kick me off signs101 for standing my ground, arguing a point in a civilized non attacking manner or cursing?........ so be it.

And Colorado who exactly are you .. to advise me when to type or not type? Either you care about me as a member and person ... or you're sick of my posts ..... you have no obligation to read my posts.

I am not in a 'fight' as you put it ........ just dialogue and playing the chess game with the MOB.

"prospective"!!?? Sweet Jesus! Stop it man!

Bradster941

lol ........... great story ... the sign biz is riddled with crazies ........ if he had all the experience and HAD the job maybe the "boss" could have been a little less challenging and cocky ... sounds like the "boss" is a bit of an a(*&hole .... lol

Sounds like the "boss" is an assh(*& ;)

And boss isn't an a-hole - at least he wasn't being then. He is probably one of the most professional people I've ever worked for.

I just started reading this thread at 4:19 pm and having met the "Boss", on several occasions Mike, I'll Guarantee You he is one of the nicest, soft spoken people you will ever have the pleasure to meet.

HulkSmash

it's obvious from what you say in almost every post you write, that you like to draw attention to yourself. UNLIKE you, i don't feel the need to respond to EVER single post someone makes. You try to pull rank to make yourself feel more important, and try to have an upper hand on things. You say things like, "Oh i was part of this, and I did this for this many years" Who cares? Actually if you read back on all of what you've written - alot of it makes no sense.

You rag on Isign and others for being bullies? I've seen COUNTLESS threads where he and others have only been helpful. They're honest in a sense of the business , not just to argue a point because no one else has.

Am i going to kick or fire you? What are you 12?

Your argument is ignorant and blank. It's not a point of being right or wrong.

S

SignTech

"prospective"!!?? Sweet Jesus! Stop it man!

Perspective ....... sorry got me there, prospective is what could happen down the line ..... or future .... xxxx ;)

Prospective and Perspective are the most commonly miss used words in the English language ... those lurking understand how this can happen.

iSign

Losing? That's your prospective ..... there are 1000 other views and lurkers who are potentially getting some of my points .......

Come on lurkers...

Step right up... ISAG can't be the only "defender of the downtrodden" around here... now that he's been downtrodden to the bottom of a big S101 MOB pile on...

Who will step up and validate his claim that somebody here... anybody here... is getting some of his points?

Come on people, he looks waaay out on a limb here... will no one step forward and take his side? ..I'm almost sorry that I can't, but I too think he is digging a deeper hole & losing a conflict of some sort...

...but perhaps he is right & the seemingly unanimous opposition he faces is really because we are all just a "mob", who oppose his lack of a point solely because someone before us opposed it... and that somehow the jury is still out, and instead of unanimous opposition, there really are a few lurkers on his side...

..so if you lurkers out there exist as ISAG supporters... rise to the occasion when you are needed
-
-
-
-
-
-
:popcorn:

jiarby

Based on your 'deductions' you clearly understood my position completely, despite my not being as intelligent as you or err as you project

No... I did not understand what you meant when you said that the boss "shoud not deduce him". Obviously that phrase makes no sense.

Later in your other post you clarified that what you meant was that the boss should not make deductions about him. THAT was when I "deduced" (LOL again!) what you meant.

despite my not being as intelligent as you or err as you project

I am not claiming any level of intelligece, and do not draw any comparisons between us in that regard... YOU, however, have made a deduction about what MY level of intelligence is... The conclusions you make about me are your own.

"Little Man Syndrome" is more like a guy that spells "formerly" as "formaly" and then defends it saying he did it on purpose... as if he would not make a mistake.

iSign

Perspective ....... sorry got me there, prospective is what could happen down the line ..... or future .... xxxx ;)

Prospective and Perspective are the most commonly miss used words in the English language ... those lurking understand how this can happen.

god how I WISH this was intentional baiting... this is really getting painful to watch :omg:

(besides the fact that prospective and perspective could not possibly be any further from the "most common" transposed words)

S

SignTech

it's obvious from what you say in almost every post you write, that you like to draw attention to yourself. UNLIKE you, i don't feel the need to respond to EVER single post someone makes. You try to pull rank to make yourself feel more important, and try to have an upper hand on things. You say things like, "Oh i was part of this, and I did this for this many years" Who cares? Actually if you read back on all of what you've written - alot of it makes no sense.

You rag on Isign and others for being bullies? I've seen COUNTLESS threads where he and others have only been helpful. They're honest in a sense of the business , not just to argue a point because no one else has.

Am i going to kick or fire you? What are you 12?

Your argument is ignorant and blank. It's not a point of being right or wrong.

... attention? nahh ... just playing in the chess game that goes on daily on s101 ...... occasionally I like to jump in both feet ... most times I ignore the bs ...

Pulling rank? I am not pulling any rank ......... now you're pissing me off ... it's people like you that have zero appreciation for those that have been places that would make you cry in fear ....... typical zero appreciation ... it's not rank, it's using experience to share a view or point.

You haven't walked ten minutes in my shoes ....... and you never will, most are too scared to go where I have been. If it wasn't for people like myself and many thousand others ........ your very streets, would be in chaos.

If you need any proof that's no issues ...... again I don't chat up empty bs ...

Don't ever attack my background.

Are you kidding? I have sat back hundreds of times viewing the omg I am the best sign maker in the USA threads and let me assure you ... I have seen first hand the bs. I'm not impressed Colorado.

I didn't rag on iSign ... again don't put words in my mouth, he and I have bantered many times ........ he is one of the few on s101 that actually puts his money where his mouth is when it comes to excellent sign work. Notice how we didn't argue further?

No, ... to answer your question, I am not 12, just responding to your response, and I'll ask it again ........... who are you to suggest I stop typing?

jiarby

Prospective and Perspective are the most commonly miss used words in the English language

They probably rank somewhere behind "To & Too", "Then & Than"...

"Miss Used" would be the unmarried formal salutation for the daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Used

"misused" is what YOU do to the English language whenever you type.

signage

In the past when I had a job interview, I would always drive there the night before the interview, just so i knew how to get there without any suprizes! I would expect anyone going for an interview in an area they are unsure about to do the same!

Ding! Ding! We have a new employee:Big Laugh

S

SignTech

It's been a great banter ........ 3 cups of coffee ....... whoo hoo lol ........ now off to dinner ... night all! xx

HulkSmash

You haven't walked ten minutes in my shoes ....... and you never will, most are too scared to go where I have been. If it wasn't for people like myself and many thousand others ........ your very streets, would be in chaos.

There you go again, trying to tell everyone "you've done so much more and been to those places we can't go". You think saying stuff like that is going to make people respect you more?

Don't be upset. I'm being direct.. kinda like you? Except what i'm saying actually has Logic. Bringing up your past, and saying what you've done for the world has nothing to do with the OP.

If you think posting on a Sign Fourm that "you're so brave and if it wasn't for you, we are all doomed" is going to get you fans. possibly not. Try one of those dating website forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.