• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How often does this happen to you..............??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
as an apprentice back in the days when a computer had it's own building and a guard to go with it I was taught one day while cleaning my brushes of the fabled and notorious "Sign Shop Bandit",....My mentor told me of a mischievous invisible creature that abides in each and every sign shop moving untold number of items usually just far enough to make them difficult to locate....His actions are usually dictated by the urgency or importance of the particular item he steals then hides,...his primary motivation is the joy he receives from watching his victims waste time and effort on useless wild goose chases and frantic fiascoes to meet deadlines and such,...his arch enemy is organization,...his ultimate pleasure is frustration,...beware he is invincible and next to near impossible to eradicate,....he will still be here among us another 50 years from now harassing our prodigy in this trade,...

Haha......... my wife used to tell her son that there were 'Borrowers' in the walls and they came out at night and no one could ever see them. All the things we thought we lost all day long.... the borrowers were using/borrowing, until they mysteriously happened to put it back when they were done with it and that's when you looked in the last place you could think of.... right in front of your nose.:doh:

John Butto

Haha......... my wife used to tell her son that there were 'Borrowers' in the walls and they came out at night and no one could ever see them. All the things we thought we lost all day long.... the borrowers were using/borrowing, until they mysteriously happened to put it back when they were done with it and that's when you looked in the last place you could think of.... right in front of your nose.:doh:
Your wife is not making that stuff up, they are real, they made a movie about them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your wife is not making that stuff up, they are real, they made a movie about them.

Yowsa...... she was telling him that like 46 years ago when he was a little tot. He's gonna be 50 next week. Good God where does the time go ?? :covereyes:

Jillbeans

Every year around Christmas time, I acquire one of those little freebie journal type day planners.
I never write in anything but it. Measurements, phone numbers, you name it.
It stays right by my phone on the counter unless it's in my truck with me when I go onsite.
And those are the only two possible places it can be when I misplace it.
:smile:
Love....Jill

petepaz

i can't say this never happens but i am pretty good at keeping stuff organized. nothing really leaves my cubicle unless it's too big. everynight before i leave i staighten up my desk and line up all my paper work so it's ready to go the next day. also i keep a list on a steno pad and i check off and add things everyday. the other thing that works out good is my cubicle can be used as a bulletin board so i have phone numbers and important notes pinned up where i can see them. the one that gets me is when i walk around with paperwork to pull a job folder or check status of an order and i put the paperwork down somewhere and forget where i left it because of one of those distractions Gino mentioned.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now that I am older and getting on in age, I have misplace myself a couple of times.

Hmmmm............. that's another one my wife is always saying..... you can be misplaced and displaced, usually with her hands on her hips.

petepaz

my wife says i can be RE-placed but i don't believe her
(actually if she can find someone who wants my job have at it...haha)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
my wife says i can be RE-placed but i don't believe her
(actually if she can find someone who wants my job have at it...haha)

Nope...... that usually gets a.... with 2 - 30 year olds.:noway:

She has been talking about trading something in and her vehicle isn't all that old....... wonder what she could be thinking........ :Oops:

I've made several action plans & to-do lists to help me get organized.
Once I figure out where I put them I'm going to get right on it.

wayne k
guam usa

Here is mine fuuny-set-and-achieve-goals.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: