• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to draw ovals

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I was looking at my blog stats and one of the incoming links to my site was someone that googled "vinyl ready vector oval"

Maybe I should consider selling squares, circles and ovals from my site. Apparently easy money

S

scarface

lol you have no idea with people today

I often look at my sites stats and see odd google searches that led them to my site too.

schramm

I was looking at my blog stats and one of the incoming links to my site was someone that googled "vinyl ready vector oval"

Maybe I should consider selling squares, circles and ovals from my site. Apparently easy money

Eric,
:ROFLMAO: If you need to search that maybe stay out of this type of business. Adobe Illustrator is hard to get used to after 4 years with Corel but the shortcuts are the bomb!

----

I check my stats all the time and I think the funniest one that I have had so far the person "Googled" Antique mirror with clear center that looks like antique mirror

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Eric,
:ROFLMAO: If you need to search that maybe stay out of this type of business. Adobe Illustrator is hard to get used to after 4 years with Corel but the shortcuts are the bomb!

----

I check my stats all the time and I think the funniest one that I have had so far the person "Googled" Antique mirror with clear center that looks like antique mirror

Huh? I did not do the search. BTW I have used Illustrator since version "88" or before on the mac. Too long ago to remember

schramm

Huh? I did not do the search. BTW I have used Illustrator since version "88" or before on the mac. Too long ago to remember

I didn't mean you - I know you didn't search it. What I meant was if a person has to search for vector oval they should stay out of the business. I know you know.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:pops_blinking: I would also be concerned about copyright infringement. I think Rick has all rights to circles so he could claim that any oval you might do is a derivative of his copyrighted work.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
How they find you and what's on their mind can be amusing. We had two new members yesterday specifically joining because they "wanted access to the artwork".

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I open up Illustrator and place an oval shaped image in the background like this handy Chinet (R) oval plate. I now have a perfect shape in order to trace. The pen tool is handy or the pencil tool if my hands are steady

I try to keep my vector curves with as few points as possible, maybe 6-8

:doh:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 74

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'll bet if you offer them in various sizes by adding the word 'Special Order' to ovals other than standard sizes... you could make a ton of money. Explain that although circles are perfectly made spheres, custom made ovals are quite difficult in today's industry with all the new possibilities in this ever changing world. Prices will be according to how many are needed at one time. Get 12 different ovals for the price of 10. That's right, two free with your order of a dozen.

I'm thinking about diamond shapes which are not to be confused with squares on a 45. If someone wants a triangle, we'll give them a diamond at half price. What a deal.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Rick is a certified circle designer... I bet he can help with some of the overload for this untapped market...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Maybe I should consider selling squares, circles and ovals from my site. Apparently easy money.

Go a few steps further further and quadruple your money...offer left and right hand versions. For an extra "artwork fee" you could also offer the more complex mirrored version. Reverse and flop work-ups should be able to garner an additional 10%.

JB

RebeckaR

Were they in need of vertical or horizontal format? I have a vertical one, but would love to find one in the horizontal position.

schramm

CIRCLE DESIGNER THREAD!

Anyone been back on that us***ter website in a while?

I was on that forum for a while, everyone on that forum love to rip things off and share private and or copy-written stuff. I honestly don't think that anyone on there actually knows what they are doing.

My guess it is someone from this site that wanted to learn how to vectorize a oval as one guy actually says that he bought a bunch of circle and square layouts??? WTF???:omg2::iamwithstupid:ROFLMAO:

Jillbeans

No sh!t I used to have this one big dinner platter I used to trace with a Stabilo for a good hand-painted oval on a sign.
(hangs head in shame)
Love....Jill

signage

Eric you are wrong all you have to do is get a wide screen and Ricks circle become ovals! Maybe you should get the coryrights to square and rectangles!