• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to draw ovals

Malkin

hahahahah you think you're joking....

My wife does digital scrapbooking, and some of the designers have had requests for templates of basic geometric shapes, eventually they actually started selling them. :ROFLMAO:

Dave Drane

:ROFLMAO:Can I ask some of the newbies what the didfference is between an oval and an elipse?? Bet that google is now running overtime!! Or can they tell me if the Ford logo is actually an oval or an elipse?? School has started!:wine-smi:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:ROFLMAO:Can I ask some of the newbies what the didfference is between an oval and an elipse?? Bet that google is now running overtime!! Or can they tell me if the Ford logo is actually an oval or an elipse?? School has started!:wine-smi:

:blueboy: And why would an Australian need to know such details about an American company? Looks like industrial espionage to me.

Marlene

See that just shows you guys don't know anything. An oval is not a circle. Sheesh. I need an oval designer

I don't know an oval designer that is any good but I do know a square designer that is really talented and may be able to convert a square into an oval 'cause they have a 'puter program they bought on e-bay that is amazing! as soon as they get a reply on their thread asking how to run the program, I'm sure they can help.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't an oval come through as standard equipment operating fonts with Cricut ??

oval-frame-1-dmz.jpg oval-frame-3-dmz.jpg

signage

I can do a rectangle with curved line? Would that be ok?

it takes six steps

Attachments

• rec to oval.jpg
    rec to oval.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 70

Si Allen

My new Shapes CD is now ready!

Circles, squares, rectangles, ovals, ellipses and triangles in assorted sizes!

ONLY $69.95 !!!

And if you order in the next 20 minutes ... I will throw in a FREE More Shapes CD with trapezoids, pentagons and octagons as well as teardrops.

HURRY before this offer ends!

Marlene

ONLY $69.95 !!!

And if you order in the next 20 minutes ... I will throw in a FREE More Shapes CD with trapezoids, pentagons and octagons as well as teardrops.

what a deal! templates for all that PLUS the "special" shapes for free! WOW, I have been looking for this for years and can't believe I can finally have the CD of my dreams. my days have just gotten easier now that I won't have to draw those pesky cirlces and squares!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

ONLY $69.95 !!!

Your post is self-promotional and is not permitted unless you first purchase a Merchant subscription. Here's a link to more information about a subscription. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Si, will this also have varying sizes or am I locked into only the sizes you offer ?? Hmmmm, maybe that will be your followup CD collection. Besides, I thought I'd get a second one free if I ordered immediately. You also didn't mention anything about the 'FREE' carrying case.........

Will there be a copyright disclaimer sheet included ??:design:

Don't worry about Fred. This is a temporary offer and you'll be gone within two days anyway............ :ROFLMAO:​

Bigdawg

Just Me
I thought Rick would have chimed in by now...

obviously preparing his cease-and-desist letter to Vector Doctor...

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I will go ahead and supply another one of my super secret tips. For squares you can typeset a lower case I in many fonts. Convert to paths, delete the long part of the I and just use the dot as a square. Be careful, some are rounded or rectangles and some are neither

J Hill Designs

I will go ahead and supply another one of my super secret tips. For squares you can typeset a lower case I in many fonts. Convert to paths, delete the long part of the I and just use the dot as a square. Be careful, some are rounded or rectangles and some are neither

Great tip! I finally found my rounded diamond shape!

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 78

anotherdog

You are all too late, the Japanese perfected both the Oval and the Elipse back in the 70's, This was later pirated by the Chinese and sold as "Cirlets" for $1 per square foot.